Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Jagad Guru aka Chris Butler ex-participants
Posted by: Faith ()
Date: March 25, 2006 11:49PM

om shanti shanti shanti
I know personally of Chris Butler's disciples, students, and people who just spend time at thier events. e.g (chants, plays, health food stores, other business ventures) I am on their black list.
If you need any specific information place a post and ask.

Om shanti shanti shanti

Are you familiar with Mike Gabbard?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: just-googling ()
Date: March 28, 2006 01:22AM

Mike Gabbard is indeed a disciple of Jagat Guru and he was heavily engaged in the political scene on the island of Oahu (Honolulu). He ran for some political post last year but lost the election. It was quite a controversial election becuase of the homosexuality debate, as far as I can gather.

He is originally from Samoa, I think.

Posted by: initiate ()
Date: May 29, 2006 11:41PM

If you want [i:b5db53f2dc][b:b5db53f2dc]acurate[/b:b5db53f2dc][/i:b5db53f2dc] information (although not current) from [i:b5db53f2dc][b:b5db53f2dc]real[/b:b5db53f2dc][/i:b5db53f2dc] ex-members (those who LIVED it for many years, not just attended an event or two) visit the thread Krishna group in Hawaii. If you read the posts from "initiate", "devadasi", and "just-googling" under "Cults,...New Religious Movements". It's all about Chris Butler aka Jagad Guru Siddhaswarupananda Paramahansa.

start at page 11 on this thread---
[board.culteducation.com]

Posted by: suzi ()
Date: August 24, 2006 06:47AM

om shanti shanti shanti
I know personally of Chris Butler's disciples, students, and people who just spend time at thier events. e.g (chants, plays, health food stores, other business ventures) I am on their black list.
If you need any specific information place a post and ask.

Om shanti shanti shanti
What can you tell me about this group. My daughter was with them for 5 years, is home and a mess. Looking for information so we can deprogram.suzi

Posted by: John316 ()
Date: April 04, 2007 10:20AM

For more information see
Jagad Guru[/url]

Posted by: zelig ()
Date: May 07, 2007 05:30AM

John316
For more information see
Jagad Guru[/url]

This is a Chris Butler front. It's just a bunch of old quotes from publications from the 1980's with 2007 copy rights. Don't bother.

Posted by: zelig ()
Date: May 07, 2007 05:33AM

This is a post lifted from another blog, presumably from and ex-Fillipino follower of Butlers.
[b:c090623e83]
Sai Pedro writes:[/b:c090623e83]

Parents who send their kids halfway across the world to be indoctrinated in a third world condition run by fanatical people are making a very, very stupid and irresponsible decision. Belief aside, amenities, security and wellbeing support in Philippine's boarding schools are just lacking or below the average standard observed in the West. We're talking of children here from age 9 to 15. Authorities here are corrupt and social institutions are hardly defendable. The only reason Jagad Guru wanted the indoctrination centres here was because of the cost, and of course when it comes to perfect obedience, nobody beats us filipinos.

Girls especially, although separated from boys, personnel in La Union are mixed. Some brahmacari boys like to hang around there as if innocently, (to me, the more innocent-looking brahmacaris are the more you should be wary of) help with any chores. These are sex-starved, highly indoctrinated walking volcanoes. I lived with these hypocrites - the more ethical they claim to be the more I doubt them. Normally ethical people don't boast of being ethical, but these brahmacaris hang around, strumming guitars, chant and talk philosophy all day your ears would burst listening. They help in cooking, cleaning up or run errands, anything they could work themselves up the spiritual ladder.

The administrators are usually householders, in contrast with the brahmacri dudes, they are strict disciplinarians. The two groups coexist in an uneasy tolerance in running the schools. But no matter what they do or how hard they do things they are far from being professionals to provide proper care and safety for all these young boys and girls from overseas. Faith has got nothing to do with providing professional care to children, period.

Another sick thing I observed among the Haribols is their practice of arranged marriage. It's funny because usually when a girl is pretty and comes from a good background, she normally goes to the senior or high ranking devotee. If you're ordinary you'll be thrown out to the rank and file, to these sex-starved brahmacaris who waits like lions being for the chunks of meat. You decide among yourselves who marries whom.

This is a sick, sick environment for anybody to raise your kids into. Sadly when parents are so indoctrinated themselves, kids don't really have much choice. Before they could really rebel, usually it's too late.

In the boarding schools in the philippines the children are indoctrinated through rigorous routine. They are awakened 4 am in the mourning for an icy cold shower, perform arotik, lectures, yoga, exercise, chanting, programs, lunch, programs, arotik and lectures again then meal; everyday, for one year. No TV, no internet, no magazines, radios, newspapers, books (other than theirs) and no associations with the outside world. Communication is vewry limited. Parents, relatives and friends have to follow certain rules and guidelines if they wish to get in touch.

If you don't call this an indoctrination boot camp, I don't know what is. They can call it whatever they want - discipleship, sadhana bhakti, leadership camp; it's a brainwashing boot camp, pure and simple. No parents in their right minds would want their child in an environment like that. But not with Haribol parents, they will die for sending their children there. There, they are molded into automatons - one central figure in their minds: Jagad Guru. And his tenets:

1. Jagad Guru is not God, they are taught, but if you want to please God, he is the man. (What the hell, isn't that the same?)

2. Anything that disagrees with what he teaches is offensive.

3. You have to be pure to be pleasing to God. (Chanting, offering food to God, attending kirtan, listening to his lecture and associating only with devotees of the same faith)

4, You have to render service to God (through spiritual master, Jagad Guru) in order to advance in your spiritual life.

I don't see why serving God shoud be this so complicated. One year? Without internet or TV? God Almighty, you must be kidding! And who could be pure, tell me? (Let him/her cast the first stone - Jesus); This obsession to be pure is nothing but a hypocritical elitism. In the end only God can tell who is pure, or if is he's even concerned about that at all.

Chanting or any repetitive invocation is a confirmed brainwashing technique; Offering food to the gods, what the hell is the picture of Jagad Guru doing there? It is a way, way more elaborate - and everyday?; Kirtan is a superficial merry-making (a make believe) and the lectures are shallow; Associating with the most boring fanatics on Earth is not what I'd call spiritually uplifting. The people there will drag you down more than they can help you advance in anything, let alone spiritual life. They are mostly a bunch of weirdos, sex-starved and pathetic losers, who have nothing to do with their lives but to hang around. If not in centres in the malls. Not all, but mostly.

Service means either giving money or time. This is where that one year program/boot camp ends - rendering service to the man. He wants this instilled in the minds of the children before they become rebellious, friggin' adults when they become tougher to teach how to properly please God.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.