Your Crap Tolerance Level -When Realize Time to Leave Sue Fight Back?
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: March 14, 2012 05:01AM

Hitting one's crap tolerance level or limit can happen in cult, a hostile workplace or bad relationship.

Hitting your CTL can be the signal to do one or more or any of the following:

*Leave

*Sue

*Fight back (even if only to dissent - this is the way to find out if a group or relationship can be reformed or is beyond repair

On the Sokka Gakkai thread, a correspondant named 'Hitch' mentioned his or her 'tipping point'.

I remember one incident being forced to stay in a room and told that we couldn't leave for any reason. That made something immediately click in me and I made an excuse to get up, walk around, leave the room and get some fresh air just to disobey and challenge that "order." Ymd were getting screamed at and when they came towards me, I told them to go jump in a lake and continued on my way. I didn't like it at all, not one bit. It was little events like these, accumulating, that allowed it to slowly dawn on me that this was not a "healthy" atmosphere and that some of the people running it had some mental problems (there were so many people on power trips in those days).

Another incident that helped to tip the scales for me: I had driven 2-3 hours to support a big activity as soka-han. My arrival was a bit late because of traffic. Up walks another soka-han who starts screaming at me for parking in a regular "member" area. I apologized, asked where I should park and moved. At the second spot, yet another soka-han SS Blue Coat screaming at me that I couldn't park there either, that I was late, contributing to the disunity of the meeting and to hurry up and get my late a** to the command center. Well, this time, I turned around and left. I made a day of my trip out of town, had a wonderful time and to this day it is one of my fondest memories from an otherwise nightmare time of my life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Your Crap Tolerance Level -When Realize Time to Leave Sue Fight Back?
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: March 14, 2012 05:06AM

For myself, I will disclose only this:

Fatigue, long term deep seated fatigue.

Emotional fatigue -- Tired of stifling my misgivings

Intellectual fatigue -- Tired of rationalizing

Physical fatigue -- No longer had physical reserves of stamina needed to care about a guru who was repeatedly instigating moral crises

Facing that the seemingly selfless noble behavior was self serving and serious emotional blackmail for persons who had never chosen to get involved with this person

Facing that Guru X was functioning in ways that were deceitful and had arranged ways to guilt trip into silence those very persons who were most inconvenienced by his social justice antics.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.