Looking for a moderated forum
Posted by: ghostwriter1984 ()
Date: February 21, 2012 03:27PM

Need a third-party to assist in moderating a discussion between myself and someone who radically disagrees with my representations of a particular group many call cult. I keep inviting that person to use the Ross Forum. It is a safe place of healing. There is much toxicity and venom in some blogs as former members go at each other, rehashing old arguments and trying to settle old scores. I don't think this forum is immune but offers a third-party resource.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Looking for a moderated forum
Posted by: henbakjr ()
Date: February 28, 2012 07:58AM

Things are a bit slow now days. I think its because no one trust each other which is a problem. How to deal with this you got me.

Posted by: grit ()
Date: April 02, 2012 08:24PM

Well, ghostwriter1984, you need to start with the truth. Damon doesn't disagree with your representation of the Natlfed cult. He disagrees with the lies that you write about him. He's not a former member of EFWA but you continually say he is. He went to you for help with his brother who was in EFWA but instead you posted on your blog that he was a troll who spammed you. You lied and said that you took him to court and won. He's really pissed off about that. His family was damaged enough when EFWA took away his brother and destroyed him. Then you add insult to injury and post lies about someone who was just looking to reconnect with a family member.

I tried to reconnect with you but you continually ignore my e-mails then post lies about our family on your blog and on your MySpace. The family had no idea what was going on with you when you went to Brooklyn for EFWA. You ignored my letter asking you to be in my wedding party. You ignored my invitation to my wedding. You disappeared off the face of the earth because of EFWA and somehow it's my fault? We had no level of knowledge as to what was going on with you in EFWA. You even talk in your blog about how family members are clueless about what goes on but you somehow expected us, your own family, to have known what was going on and help you. You're a smart person and your blog reflects that. You recognize the fact that you were harmed by the cult and claim that you're cured, but you continue to hold to the lie that you posted on your blog that your whole family is dead. You tell people that I'm not really your sister, that I'm just someone impersonating your sister. You know that's not the truth.

I suggest if you want an open, honest dialogue you should start with honesty.

Date: October 09, 2012 08:22AM

Okay, here I am, weighing in, just like you asked on your blog. I posted two comments directly on your blog yet you failed to publish the comments. Perhaps that's why you need to use a 3rd party moderated forum. My IP address does NOT track from Mozambique in spite of what you posted on your blog. Perhaps the ISP host showed Ohio because I was using Wi-Fi at Panera Bread, but I'm positive the connecting city showed as Poughkeepsie, NY. But you're not tracking IP addresses, remember? It really hurts that you continue to lie. But just because you post a lie on your blog doesn't make it true.

Again, if you expect people to have an open and honest dialogue with you, you need to start with honesty. You need to be truthful about what you're posting on your blog. It's not a fictional story like your "About Me" story. You claim that's a fictional story but there was way too much stuff in that story that hit close to home but then you gave the finger to your whole family by creating outrageous lies and situations about us. You walked away from us to be with your cult. That hurt enough as it was but now you hurt us even more by posting lies about us on your blog. You claim to be cured from your cult experiences. Yet all I still see is more of the same cult tactics and behavior that you exhibited when I came home from college. It wasn't "red-baiting" - it was an attempt to make you see you were taken in by Communists and that you needed to break away from them. But you weren't having any of that at the time. And now that you know I was right about EFWA, you're still mad at me. I can't win for losing.

Date: October 19, 2012 09:10PM

And another thing that's even more frustrating: Every time I talk to people about you and your experiences with EFWA, every time I post something on Rick Ross, every time Damon posts to his blog, you run around in e-mails and private conversations and tell everyone that I'm NOT really your sister. You tell people not to talk to me because I'm a troll. That I'm really just someone in Natlfed pretending to be a family member, trying to recruit you back into the cult. You tell them that if they want to know the truth about everything, they should talk to you. Then you post outrageous lies and explanations about me on your blog, and you dole out all sorts of lies to these people who are just looking for answers and the truth.

But I know 100% that ghostwriter1984, the person writing the Truth About Natlfed blog, is my sister who was taken into the cult in the 1980's. And I know 100% that YOU know that I'm your sister - the one you left along with your mother back in 1984. You never told your daughter when I friended her on Facebook that I was a fake because you know and she knows I'm the real thing. But you lied to her when I told her about your blog. If ghostwriter1984 is NOT my sister and I'm mistaken about the whole thing, then how do you explain the fact that ghostwriter1984 will reply to every other post, comment and e-mail except mine? Where is the reply from ghostwriter1984 in this thread that you started?

All I'm looking for is some honesty from you. Just because our lives turned out so different because I chose college and you chose the cult doesn't give you the right to hurt me and the rest of the family by posting the lies that you post about us. I hate using the Rick Ross site to air all of this. I would rather take it off site but you won't post my comments on your blog. You won't respond to e-mails. You tell everyone I'm dead. So I'm forced to make use of this moderated forum.

I invite others who have been in cults and gotten out to message me. Please tell me if you were reunited with family members that you left behind when you joined your particular cult. Did any of you reject family members who truly wanted to help you with recovery? What piece of the puzzle am I missing?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: October 19, 2012 09:42PM

To whom it may concern:

This is not really an inappropriate use of this message board.

Personal family matters should be handled elsewhere.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.