It Wasn't G-d or Spirituality - It Was My Competence
Posted by: Questions_2 ()
Date: December 29, 2011 01:06AM

I take it I'm going through something many of you have.

I spent most of my life with a great trust in the Universe / G-d / Dhamma; to take care of me - in fact, somehow - even as an artist - rent always got paid, etc.

And when things went badly, I had Infinite Patience (read: too much), because I Trusted in the Divine.

Well, I've changed thanks to my involvement with a person involved in a "cult", and the subsequent sessions with a psychologist who specializes in cults.

Now, I look back on my life, and I think that things went as well as they did for me, not because of anything divine - but because of the choices I made, that I had talent; that I worked hard; that I was sincere.

The choices I made in life, career, love were all based on Faith. Now that I have a more realistic view of people (I was very naive), I'm trying to figure out a new way to make choices.

Can you speak to me about how you make choices differently now? [How] did you change / modify your careers?

Best,

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: It Wasn't G-d or Spirituality - It Was My Competence
Posted by: Questions_2 ()
Date: December 29, 2011 01:44AM

After writing this, it occurred to me that the lesson here (ironically, which I add because I used to always look for higher "meaning" in things) is for me to have faith in myself.

Best,

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.