Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
King's Chapel of Norwich, CT *survivor*
Posted by: Sylvan ()
Date: June 20, 2005 07:52PM

[www.culteducation.com]

I am very excited to have joined these boards. :)

I grew up in the clutches of King's Chapel, and though my family and I escaped 12 years ago, I still find myself affected by the patterns that were ingrained from there.

I would *love* to reconnect with other survivors from KC, or Bethel, the sister church in England. But it will be good to be able to talk to people who understand generally where I'm coming from... :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nwg76 ()
Date: August 14, 2006 08:44PM

This is so crazy... yesterday I was asked a question related to why I had spent time in England, which lead to me explaining a little bit about "this crazy church", which in turn leads to them asking "do they have a site?"...and here I am! As you can understand, skepticism runs high with trust issues, so I'm not really going to divulge much, other than the fact that you are very knowledgable on events and facts that a current member would not dare bring to light. You are the same age as I am, and remember the name of the NH branch, which would lead me to believe you're from one of two families that moved after our families sold our houses there. Am I right? If so, or even if not, I'd be very interested to get back in touch with someone not still on the inside, because I often think of some of my best friends ever being stuck in that horrible environment....

Posted by: l33tz33t ()
Date: August 15, 2006 02:49AM

I got a question, I goto "kings chapel church" btw it got renamed to Penial. How is it a "cult" ive been going there for about 2 months now and still havent seen any flaws. They preach scripture and that is it. Ive read the stories about it and Syro but for the 2 months ive been there she hasnt been mentioned 1nce. All this church has done for me is helped me.. I just recently got saved and my life has been so much better since.

:?:

Posted by: l33tz33t ()
Date: August 15, 2006 06:56AM

Also, I think i am going to start looking for another church just to be safe.. If you still goto church im curious if you have found a good christian church that i could maybe check out...

Posted by: nwg76 ()
Date: August 16, 2006 11:57PM

I want it to be clear that I in no way am interested in using this medium or any other to "badmouth" anyone, "do not judge..."But just be wise, I believe that everyones' journey and religious beliefs are personal and unique, to each his own. But buyer beware, anytime you subscribe to a group of any sort, there will be an understanding that you will follow, and belong. Make your own decisions, have faith in yourself, and believe in the fact that you have a direct link to the universe and your God... you don't need a middle man. I understand that support and fellowship are important, that's what friends are for,...don't get in over your head, and don't give up your free will.

Posted by: Transformed2002 ()
Date: May 21, 2007 09:25AM

I just want to talk to someone from Kings Chapel that's been hurt or had their lives distroyed. I have a daughter who is now attending that church. Please help and let me know if anyone gets this...

Date: June 18, 2007 11:43PM

nwg76
This is so crazy... yesterday I was asked a question related to why I had spent time in England, which lead to me explaining a little bit about "this crazy church", which in turn leads to them asking "do they have a site?"...and here I am! As you can understand, skepticism runs high with trust issues, so I'm not really going to divulge much, other than the fact that you are very knowledgable on events and facts that a current member would not dare bring to light. You are the same age as I am, and remember the name of the NH branch, which would lead me to believe you're from one of two families that moved after our families sold our houses there. Am I right? If so, or even if not, I'd be very interested to get back in touch with someone not still on the inside, because I often think of some of my best friends ever being stuck in that horrible environment....
Sorry to have left you hanging for so long. I only attended New Wine a couple of times when my family went up to visit. In the interest of anonymity (*lol*), I'm the oldest of three girls who lived on Taylor Hill. I would *love* to reconnect with you, or anybody, really.

Date: June 18, 2007 11:48PM

l33tz33t
I got a question, I goto "kings chapel church" btw it got renamed to Penial. How is it a "cult" ive been going there for about 2 months now and still havent seen any flaws. They preach scripture and that is it. Ive read the stories about it and Syro but for the 2 months ive been there she hasnt been mentioned 1nce. All this church has done for me is helped me.. I just recently got saved and my life has been so much better since.

:?:
I understand that Kevin Hamel is the lead pastor now, maybe things have changed, but the way they were, I'd have to say probably not. It's not something that you can just spend a couple of months and evaluate. You're probably still on the outer fringes, even though they treat you like family and you feel very much a part of things... But after a while you'll get roped into this or that and end up little better than a slave. Definitely get out while you can.

Date: June 18, 2007 11:50PM

Transformed2002
I just want to talk to someone from Kings Chapel that's been hurt or had their lives distroyed. I have a daughter who is now attending that church. Please help and let me know if anyone gets this...
I'm here, now... It's difficult that the replies aren't posted immediately, but I'll make an effort to come back....

Date: June 19, 2007 12:03AM

For anyone who is interested, I threw together a Yahoo Group a while back for KC Refugees. :)

[groups.yahoo.com]

Feel free to join, read, whatever. Spread the word to anyone you know who might be interested, ok?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.