confusing situation w. man involved in "mens division&q
Posted by: need2know ()
Date: April 23, 2005 11:29PM

First off,
I am a litigation lawyer trained in critical thinking. This all seems to go out the window in the relationship department. lol. after divorce, and playing the field alot, I met, what I thought, was a solid, kind, intelligent man with whom I could actually have something with.
Good job, devoted to hs kids, etc. He told me he was in a mens group, and I tried to find out info, and only when i inquired further and he siad "Sterling' did I manage to find this website. This freaked me out and I asked about it and printed some of the commentary. He wouldnt read it and said that he was not that involved, that he didnt recruit ppl for the weekend events, but just met with other men to shere things, since men rarely had friends.

I thought I may have over-reacted. He remained attentive, we had fun togheter, he bought flowers and cute gifts, very thoughtful. Then, our time together seemed to be dictated by his fitting it in between meetings, phone calls, and othe things in his life. I do not understand all these meetings and phone calls. He is very secretive about them, and says it helps him with his life after failed relationships, etc.

When I expressed a concern, he said his life was just set up this way. He is some type of leader and works these "womens weekends". He has never asked me to go however.

Am I crazy for being involved with this man? Am I in denial about what the group stands for? (men are "hinters", women "gatherers".) I am as far removed from that notion as possible. He seems drawn to me, maybe to "conquer'???

Any suggestions? We are both in our 40's, strong ppl, athletic, independent, etc. I dont know whether to bail?

Thanks for any insight from other folks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: April 24, 2005 01:53AM

I suggest you read up on this Sterling group.
[www.culteducation.com]

There is nothing wrong with a "Mens Group", it all depends on what is being discussed there, and how this is being applied.
All you can do is do your research, ask questions, and take it slow.
The truth will out.

Coz

Posted by: trevorcan ()
Date: May 01, 2005 08:48AM

I have recently become involved with a woman who is in the womans group of the Sterling Institute. I only found out today that she is involved with this. I knew about the group but she has always been vague about it and after she left for her "volunteer" work for the mens weekend I couldn't help but become a bit suspicious. I stumbled upon the Rick Ross site and am trying to rationalize it and decide how I should deal with this.

Our relationship has been really great. We are together nearly every day- except when she does these weekend volunteering stints. She claims to not be recruiting anyone and has never asked me to join. I am also wondering if I should bring up the fact that I know about this. Should I be leary of her. It is quite disturbing knowing that they have "control" over her and I fear that bringing the topic up or introducing her to this site will be met with resistance. I'd love to chat further with you about this. Feel free to send me an email.

-Greg

Posted by: Kellygirl ()
Date: June 02, 2005 10:16AM

If I were you I would run. I have been in a relationship with a man for eight years. He did the "weekend" a couple of years ago and things have gone down hill since. Just like you said the calls, the secrecy, the meetings. He spends more time with his "men" then his family. Don't believe him when he says he doesn't recruit people, it is one of their rules, they have to recruit people. I finally had enough and gave him a choice us or his men. Needless to say the kids and I are moving. The man that I fell in love with is gone and isn't coming back. So please be careful, watch out for you!

Posted by: ULTAWARE ()
Date: June 05, 2005 11:59AM

Need2know,

First very good thing, IMO, is that you are listening strongly to youir gut, your
intuition. It is the best part of cirtically thinking!......

Stay with those felings ALWAYS!!!

Back away / Back away/ Back away - for awhile, then see what happens...

PAX...

Posted by: Wowwoman ()
Date: September 11, 2006 07:42AM

Please keep in mind that the mens meetings and the womens meetings are very differnt. The women commit to one meeting a week on a monday or tuesday from 7:00 to 10:00. The also are not controlled or forced to do anything.

If a women does not want to do something she can say that she can't because of her job, husband, kids, family whatever and she won't be given a hard time.

The men meet once a week and since attendence is manatory that have to plan it for a time everyone can attend. which is sometimes the middle of the night and the meeting goes until finished. (who knows how long that will take.)

The men or women involved chose to be has involved or little involved as they are. When they no longer get anything from it they will leave.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 11, 2006 08:01PM

Wowwoman:

Sounds like you are here to apologize for the group.

I have received very serious and regular complaints about Sterling.

Anyone interested should research Sterling first before going.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Sterling has a history of bad press and complaints.

Sterling is a private for-profit company and Justin Sterling is not a licensed marriage and family therapist.

The Sterling Weekend is largely copied from EST (Erhard Seminars Training), which Sterling once attended.

Est is not known as Landmark Education and presents the Forum.

Sterling weekends are another example of mass marathon training.

To better understand such training...

Also see [www.culteducation.com]

Posted by: Wowwoman ()
Date: September 18, 2006 04:40AM

All I am saying is that a person joins the FOW or the Mens division of their own free will and can leave when they want. The comitment they make beyond the weekly meeting they make on their free will. If somone's husband/wife friend is so involved they are doing because they want to. They are making friends, meeting people, getting experence, and what ever they are getting from what they are doing.

To be in the FOW you just need to go to the meetings once a week and you can miss three a cycle (about six months)and still be in the FOW. The FOW is about living the weekend and suporting the women to be suscessful in their relationships. The only requirement is doing the weekend.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.