Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
My friend wants to become a Forum leader but I hate LE.
Posted by: midonov123 ()
Date: May 31, 2005 04:51AM

After I told my girlfriend that I was reading the book "Cults in our Midst", she littrelly flipped. She cried for 30 minutes over the phone. She came to my office the next morning, and she cried for an hour. She said she wants to make a difference for me, that she loves me so much ...

Two days later, she kicked me out of her appartment because we argued again about Landmark. And two days later, she said she just met another man and she is in love with him. I am from the past. She looks to the future. She is proud to tell me it's her Landmark training and the technology which gives her the power to complete the past and to take an abrupt turn in her life.

Is this healthy?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elena ()
Date: May 31, 2005 06:34AM

Wait, wait.....don't tell me.

He's another Landmarker. He's already ~transformed~ and willing to go along with the Landmark ~future,~ which is way better than any "ordinary" future that a normal guy can offer up in the real world.

Of course it's not "healthy." It's sad and sick and stupid.

I don't know if this is any consolation, but he's probably been waiting for some "newbie" to "harvest" if he's been involved for any length of time, and she'll emerge older and wiser. If he was in her group from the beginning, there is something very seductive about going through and enduring the hardships together, but the fact that they are both speaking and using Landmark jargon with each other will probably drive them crazy after a while.

Landmark may lay claim to the ~technology~ that "allows" someone to ~complete~ the past, but it's a direct lift from the mind of L. Ron Hubbard, including the very words. T'aint no such thing. It's just a myth. Who wouldn't like to be able to "cleanse" their mind of painful memories? That supposed ~technology~ is the snake-oil. I'll refer to William Faulkner, who said: "The past is never dead, it's not even past."

Ellen

Posted by: midonov123 ()
Date: May 31, 2005 09:45AM

Elena,

This is what I thought at first too. That she was intelligent enough to go out with someone from Landmark in order to avoid confrontation in the future. But no. He is not from Landmark. And she says he doesn't need to do the Landmark Forum (!?). In my opinion, he will have too sooner or later, because she will just want to "share" her Landmark experience with him like she used to tell me so many times.

No. She just found another victim and now she can start afresh using her enrolling techniques on him. Who knows. Perhaps we will see him soon enough on this forum. I wish he could read my posts so he can learn from my experience with her.

It has always been a concern for me that everything she does is run by those techniques she is mastering. In the beginning, she kept insisting and insisting that I do the Landmark Forum. Because I was resisting, she tried another tactic - retreat - but only to come back stronger at a later time in a more subtle way. She betrayed herself when she told me "I will not ask you to do the landmark Forum ... for 3 months". On another occasion, she said "this is the best thing that can happen in your life ... you just don't know it YET". Then she said my kids should do it too!!!

I could't trust her anymore. In her last letter, in an effort to get complete with me, she insisted that I have a problem, that I keep trying to dominate and to humiliate her. And she said that the cost I have to pay for trying to be right is to loose my relationship with her. This is typical Landmark stuff again. Actually she came up with that last tentative to destabilize me after she met with her coach!

My reply was that she was again trying to destabilize me and to create a problem with me that doesn't exists. And that the price she had to pay for being so righteous about Landmark was that she was loosing her relationship with me, insisting that it works both ways in the real life.

I realize she couldn't take it, so she completed her past with me, stopped loving me in a snap (snapping again!?) and found this other man to experiment with.

I agree with you Elena. This is sick. Very sick. In my experience, she is very close to having a bordeline personality disorder because of her training in Landmark. You're all white if you speak favorably about Landmark, but you turn all black as soon as you open your mouth and speak against it. Black/White dilemma and changing in a snap, so typical to borderlines.

I hope my story which has now come to an end with be of help to our readers.

Michael D.

Posted by: hsuchij ()
Date: May 31, 2005 10:54AM

I wonder who would defend the statement that "The brain functions to make assumptions prior fact" should be kicked. I guess the statement depends on what sort of information people base their assumptions on as well as what sort of facts collected to against or buttress the assumptions, right?

I try to find assumptions in the book "The Cults in Our Midst" but topics related to that are hardly found. Instead, there are plenty of facts in the book. If Dr. Singer is not a well-respected scholar, I would have doubts about her book to distinguish differences of the two.

Perhaps the brain functions to make false assumption based on false data. That's why this site and the book are so important as to ensure those data collected or contributed from victims of mind control being properly stored.

Hsuchi

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.