Current Page: 28 of 38
Re: Byron Katie, Steven Sashen and QUANTUM WEALTH
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: June 27, 2008 02:48AM

I have a new internet moneymaking idea.
Quantum Acai Berries.

There are so small, you can't see them, but they are 1000x more powerful than non-quantum berries.
The bottle may look empty, but its full of Quantum Berries and will make you rich man!!
only $100 dollars.
(this offer may expire at any time, but will still be here 5 years later) (inside joke about Acai berries website).

I was told about the Magic Quantum Berry telepathically by a cockroach, when I was stoned on Thai weed in the early 1980's.

helpme2times
The Anticult
speaking of Steven Sashen...he was running a seminar called QUANTUM WEALTH recently it appears.
[blogsearch.google.com]

Lets see...Quantum Wealth:

Quantum: "The smallest discrete amount of any quantity".

hmmm....
Anticult, you already pointed this out, but I think it bears repeating. Steven Sashen "also runs a site about the Acai juice berry SCAM...and guess what...he says its a scam, and then sells you by the end of it! More Mind-Splitting Weirdness...full of old-school sales 101 techniques...(not very subtle on this one)

[[url=http://www.acai-plus-exposed.com]Acai-Plus Exposed – The secret truth about Acai Plus and Triunity Corporation[/url]]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Work/Byron Katie-strong concerns
Posted by: RandomStu ()
Date: June 27, 2008 02:55AM

shakti
The most important thing to the SCARIEST cult apologists (scariest in caps because I mean SCARY) like the vampires Gordon Melton and Massimo Introvigne, or their pals Becky Moore and Eileen Barker is to discredit the entire notion of "brainwashing".

Civil society is rooted in a shared commitment to "live and let live." If you're not forcing anything on me, then I respect your right to live as you please. But what happens when we embrace ideas of "brainwashing"? It gives me a free pass to disrespect your life choices. After all, since you're "brainwashed," you don't deserve the right to make your own decisions... better if I force my beliefs on you!

shakti
If that key point of "anti-cult" activists can be attacked, then ALL the cults (who literally PAY the Meltons, Introvignes, etc.) will have a free pass forever.

Then everyone will have a "free pass" to make their own decisions on which religion to follow, which therapy to try, which teachers to check out. God forbid!!

shakti
As someone who fancies yourself as a "libertarian", I would imagine you are quite aware of the dangers of the "cult of the state/personality" in places like Kim's North Korea or Ceacescu's Romania.

In North Korea and Romania, the government used men with guns to force people to behave this way or that. Katie organization does NOT use violence or threat of violence. By comparing Katie to Kim, you're ignoring the KEY issue... whether or not people are forced to follow.

shakti
Presenting things like Katies' Hitler rants (thank you for unearthing that stuff!) is much more effective than calling Stuart and Jody "Katie supporters". They're not, they just don't have as harsh a view of her as you or I do... so far.

Some people decided to follow Katie (or a similar teacher or group situation). Then, later, they changed their mind, decided that was a mistake. By demonizing Katie, they're avoiding any examination of their own choices... which means they'll continue to make the same mistakes in the future. So it doesn't matter to me if anyone is a Katie supporter or a Katie attacker. What I am concerned with is... why focus on Katie, rather than gaining some understanding of one's own mindset? If one is following a dogma, it means they're giving up their own free-thinking. Whether it's a "cult" dogma or an "anticult" dogma makes little difference.

Looking into one's own life decisions, one's own thinking... is the most effective way to change one's own life. "Brainwashing" dogma means that you're not responsible for your own choices and thinking, so this "anticult" dogma discourages people from the strategy that's most effective for helping their lives.

Stuart
[stuart-randomthoughts.blogspot.com]

Re: Byron Katie, Steven Sashen and QUANTUM WEALTH
Posted by: helpme2times ()
Date: June 27, 2008 02:58AM

The Anticult
I have a new internet moneymaking idea.
Quantum Acai Berries.

There are so small, you can't see them, but they are 1000x more powerful than non-quantum berries.
The bottle may look empty, but its full of Quantum Berries and will make you rich man!!
only $100 dollars.
(this offer may expire at any time, but will still be here 5 years later) (inside joke about Acai berries website).

I was told about the Magic Quantum Berry telepathically by a cockroach, when I was stoned on Thai weed in the early 1980's
ROTFL! Gawd I needed that. :-)

Stuart Resnick alt.support.ex-cult.siddha-yoga
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: June 27, 2008 03:12AM

Its sad for Stuart Resnick, as here is a guy who has been making internet posts around this subject since before 1996, and he is making that kind of ridiculous statement?

Instead of just promoting a non-dual belief system, people need to step back and look at it from a meta-level, of what the person controlling the system is DOING to the subject, without the subjects awareness. Who is creating the system?
Sadly, most disciples just fall into "the system" and just think about themselves, their feelings, the Guru, the philosophy. Me Me Me.

They need to step outside of the entire thing, and look carefully at what the Guru is DOING TO them. Often its the complete opposite of what they are saying.
This way, you see the dozens of bald-faced lies they may be telling you.

Weirdly, there was some old Usenet discussions about this similar subject with Stuart Resnick, back in 1997 with the Siddha Yoga cult.
What about the dozens of lies at the core of the Byron Katie system?
What about money sloshing around to Amsterdam and beyond?
What about the late-nite hypno-robbery "gifts" in cash and valuables?

Isn't Byron Katie just another alternate format of a Siddha Yoga type cult, but westernized?

Newsgroups: alt.support.ex-cult.siddha-yoga
Date: 1997/11/08
Subject: Re: My experience has always been great - No regrets!!

> Shaw...@aol.com (Daniel Shaw) wrote:
> >2) Because of my involvement over 10 years on staff of SYDA, I know many
> >of the secrets and lies that are at the core of SYDA, and since I have
> >always cared about truth and integrity, I feel a duty to make that
> >information available. SYDA lies about its history, it rewrites its
> >history, and it continues to deceive people, who leave jobs, friends and
> >families to devote their lives to SYDA.
William Zardin wrote:
> So how is that different from many religions? I think you could just as
> easily say the same thing about Christianity, Judaism, Islam, etc.?

Certainly, any nastiness that occurs within Christianity, etc, ought to
be exposed in exactly the same way.

The only difference: when we see, for instance, Catholic priests
molesting children, one could reasonably say, "These are flawed people,
but their mistakes shouldn't reflect on the value of Catholic doctrine."
But in Siddha Yoga, the guru herself is at the center of the practices &
beliefs. So once one sees the guru's flaws, there's nothing left of the
doctrine.

(I supposed if you discovered that *Jesus* had a Swiss bank account...
that would be a parallel.)

Stuart

helpme2times
The Anticult
The alien implants are still intact...

[forum.culteducation.com]
Oh. Well that's just sad.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2008 03:31AM by The Anticult.

Posted by: shakti ()
Date: June 27, 2008 04:32AM

"Shakti, how can you expect Anticult (or anyone else here) to view Stuart as a potential ally, when he is out and out denying the cultic aspects of Byron Katie? That doesn't make any sense!"

-Because many of the people on this site are worried about cults and destructive leaders in general NOT just Katie or Tolle. This is one leader that he happens to not believe should be viewed as "cult". I disagree with him on that point. But he has proven that he is his own person, not a troll, not a follower, not a general cult apologist. Check out his treatment on the Ammachi Free Speech Zone if you think he is some "cult apologist". He wades right into the pool of fanatics and takes their worst blows and hammers them with logic.

His comments can just be ignored, rather than obsessed over or linking him to groups he isn't really associated with. Every iota of energy spent attacking him or Jody is energy that could be spent on Katie, or Tolle, or Browne, or Esther Hicks, or whatever flavor of mind control Oprah is serving up this week.

Date: June 27, 2008 04:52AM

shakti
"Shakti, how can you expect Anticult (or anyone else here) to view Stuart as a potential ally, when he is out and out denying the cultic aspects of Byron Katie? That doesn't make any sense!"

-Because many of the people on this site are worried about cults and destructive leaders in general NOT just Katie or Tolle. This is one leader that he happens to not believe should be viewed as "cult". I disagree with him on that point. But he has proven that he is his own person, not a troll, not a follower, not a general cult apologist. Check out his treatment on the Ammachi Free Speech Zone if you think he is some "cult apologist". He wades right into the pool of fanatics and takes their worst blows and hammers them with logic.

His comments can just be ignored, rather than obsessed over or linking him to groups he isn't really associated with. Every iota of energy spent attacking him or Jody is energy that could be spent on Katie, or Tolle, or Browne, or Esther Hicks, or whatever flavor of mind control Oprah is serving up this week.
I completely disagree with you. He may not be a cult apologist in general, but he has absolutely been "apologizing" for Byron Katie. And a troll is, among other things, someone who subverts a forum topic. Stuart has been doing just that. I think it is utterly fair to point this out.

Posted by: Guruphobiac ()
Date: June 27, 2008 05:04AM

The Anti Cult wrote re Byron Katie:

>>What about money sloshing around to Amsterdam and beyond?

I missed this one. What is this all about?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 27, 2008 05:18AM

RandomStu:

"'Brainwashing dogma'"?

"this 'anticult' dogma"?

Frankly, you seem to have bought into a cult apologist dogma and accompanying victim bashing.

Seems like you never really sorted through your own cult experience very well.

Perhaps you should read and learn more before commenting.

It seems you are either ignorant and out of your depth or in denial.

Date: June 27, 2008 05:24AM

shakti
Furthermore, Shakti, I find it insulting that you would intimate that I or anyone else here is "obsessing". I am here to process what I have been through, with Byron Katie and others. It is A LOT to process.

Speaking of which... I wonder if you have even been burned by Byron Katie? I don't recall you saying anything to that effect.

If you haven't, then perhaps you could show a little more tolerance toward someone who has been.

Date: June 27, 2008 05:34AM

rrmoderator
RandomStu:

"'Brainwashing dogma'"?

"this 'anticult' dogma"?

Frankly, you seem to have bought into a cult apologist dogma and accompanying victim bashing.

Seems like you never really sorted through your own cult experience very well.

Perhaps you should read and learn more before commenting.

It seems you are either ignorant and out of your depth or in denial.
Thank you, Moderator. I really wish Stuart would do as you suggest.

If he can't/won't, then I think he ought to be banned from posting here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2008 05:38AM by helpme2times.

Current Page: 28 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.