Current Page: 19 of 38
The Work, Byron Katie, unlicensed psychological medical claims,
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: March 01, 2008 09:41AM

helpme2times

The Work is a simple yet powerful process of inquiry that teaches you to identify and question the stressful thoughts that cause all the suffering in the world. It's a way to understand what's hurting you, a way to end all your stress and suffering.
So quess what? I just checked the web page where it said the above, and now it's gone! They're trying to cover their tracks!

Yes, that text has been removed in the last few days, as well as the text right below it that makes their specific claims. It is pasted below.
What is the reason for those specific claims being removed from their website? Is that ethical and honest?

Are any of the claims being made below psychological, medical or health claims?

Eliminate stress? Eliminate? Do they have proof for this medically impossible feat?

Eliminate depression? ELIMINATE? Can anyone point to any scientific proof for anything on earth to actually eliminate depression? It does NOT EXIST. If it did, it would be on the cover of every medical journal on earth; to "eliminate" a serious medical illness, that results in thousands of deaths, suicides, and murders a year.
In the text it appears they have made the claim that "The Work" can "eliminate depression".

They also claim The Work is "a way to end all your stress and suffering". ALL? The Work will end ALL your stress and ALL your suffering?

If any citizen has any concerns or questions about psychological claims being made, they can make a confidential complaint to the California Board of Psychology.(see posts above) [www.psychboard.ca.gov]

[Below is pasted the text that appeared on that web-page as of 23 Feb 2008 19:13:19 GMT]
[www.thework.com]

What is The Work?

The Work is a simple yet powerful process of inquiry that teaches you to identify and question the stressful thoughts that cause all the suffering in the world. It's a way to understand what's hurting you, a way to end all your stress and suffering.

People who do The Work faithfully report life-changing results.

Eliminate stress: Live without anxiety or fear
Improve relationships: Have a new sense of connection and intimacy with your husband or wife, your parents, your children, and with yourself
Reduce anger: Get angry less often and less intensely, and eventually not at all
Eliminate depression: See perfection in situations that were once debilitating
Clarity: Act more intelligently and effectively
Energy: Experience a new sense of vigor and well-being
Peace: Learn how to love what is, and find lasting inner peace

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Work, Byron Katie, unlicensed psychological medical claims,
Posted by: jj52 ()
Date: March 01, 2008 11:16AM

PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE JOKING!

Are they changing the website because of what is being said here?

Trying to wrap my brain around that one...

-jj

Date: March 01, 2008 11:27AM

Okay, so... Byron Katie's website says:

"Byron Katie, founder of The Work, has one job: to teach people how to end their own suffering."

That is her JOB? And who ordained her? Who licensed her? Who gave her this job? It's already established that she is not a professional, and not qualified to teach or treat anyone. So, how is this her job?

Now, is this going to disappear from the website, too?

-jj

Re: The Work, Byron Katie - this is healthy?
Posted by: helpme2times ()
Date: March 01, 2008 11:35AM

Here are some examples of skewed "Work" thinking regarding the body and health, from Byron Katie's book, Question Your Thinking, Change The World:

"No one is mentally ill, no one is frigid; these are just terms we use to separate ourselves, to stay lost." (p. 41)

"My heart is always healthy. Even if it were having an attack, it would be healthy. It's perfect for that moment." (p. 55)

"I was in Holland a few years ago, and I was running a very high fever. And The Work went on every day. I was working with people from early morning until late at night. And I noticed that a few times during a break, I would just be huddled up in a corner, exhausted, with a high fever, in heaven. My body is not my business. If you don't tell me I'm sick, I have no way of knowing." (p. 56)

"I once went for 27 days without food. There was no reason for it -- I just knew not to eat. And during all those days I couldn't find a trace of hunger. Hunger was just another myth." (pp. 60-61)

"Are you afraid of being incontinent when you're old? Suppose your bowels let go in public -- that would be normal for you. There would be no problem unless you believed that there was." (p. 65)

"We don't care if we have cancer. We don't care if we live or die. We just want this mind to stop." (p. 69)

"No one can be too fat or too thin. That's not possible. It's a myth." (p. 71)

"You want your mother not to get cancer back again. What for? So she can be a mother to you? Is she supposed to stay alive for your sake?" (p. 100)

"There are no physical problems -- only mental ones." (p. 177)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2008 11:59AM by helpme2times.

Date: March 01, 2008 11:42AM

jj52
PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE JOKING!
Are they changing the website because of what is being said here?

No, its no joke.
Is It True?

Yes, the offending "claim" text was removed after Feb 23, 2008. Its a technical objective fact.

That text was there on
[23 Feb 2008 19:13:19 GMT]. Anyone can see it in the Google Cache here.
[209.85.135.104]

The current website with offending "claims" TEXT REMOVED after Feb 23 is here.
[www.thework.com]

The exact same text is also posted on another 200 websites around the world.
Can the same text on all of those 200 websites be deleted real quick too?

Re: The Work, Byron Katie - this is healthy?
Date: March 01, 2008 03:02PM

helpme2times
"If you don't tell me I'm sick, I have no way of knowing." (p. 56)

This may be very obvious to everyone here, but I've got to write these things out for my own sanity. The fact that BK's website is changing, and having read these excerpts from this book... well, it's triggering, to say the least. My brain is trying to do flippity-flops here. Grrr. Some kind of meltdown going on... It's weird, I can feel some part of me wanting to disbelieve all of you here... crap. I feel like I'm just hanging on...

But the rest of me is ANGRY...

Okay, so Byron Katie. You are SICK! Now you know. So sorry that no one pointed that out to you sooner.

I found this quote tonight, and it seemed so profound to me in context of all this information about BK. Thinking of how she claims to live in "heaven" all the time, and promises that key to "heaven" to those who do The Work:

"Every man is given the key to the gates of Heaven. The same key opens the gates of hell." -Buddhist proverb

After reading these quotes from "Question Your Thinking: Change the World"... I must admit that it really sounds like HELL to me, and nowhere near heaven. She's got it totally bass-ackwards!

If I had a fever, and was working from morning 'til late night, and had to huddle in a corner exhausted on breaks... that would be HELL, and it has nothing to do with my thoughts. Why? Because I'm a "lover of reality." What she's saying about this fever experience... sounds like pure hell to me. I can only imagine the level of utter disassociation that a person would have to have in order to not know that they are sick in a situation like that.

I suppose she doesn't know that she had a face lift, and that she is vain, either... unless someone told her, that is.
How are we supposed to trust someone who doesn't even know when they are sick and unhealthy to lead us into "heaven"? If I had another opportunity to criticize her to her face, I would tell her all of this, with passion, and MORE.

UGH. This is the first time I've really felt totally ANGRY about this junk.
DANG... it feels GOOD to be angry!
BK doesn't know what she's missing!
I'd rather be angry, depressed, and anxious for the rest of my life than be apathetic and "blissed out" into non-human numbness! Oh dear... give me pain over BK's "heaven" any day!

Here's an example of the glaring contradictions the BK throws around like no one should notice:

"No one is mentally ill, no one is frigid; these are just terms we use to separate ourselves, to stay lost." (p. 41)
"There are no physical problems -- only mental ones." (p. 177)

What the @#$%&#@*???

Who told BK that she was enlightened? And why didn't they get her some appropriate medical care? Apparently, someone told her she was enlightened, and she believed it... I mean, she wouldn't know it if someone didn't tell her!

This is THE MOST ridiculous bullcrap I've ever heard in my entire life! And I paid to go learn from this woman??? Oh hell, that makes me ANGRIER!

Ahh. I'm feeling much better now... more human and more REAL. I'm just sitting here "loving what is"... I'm angry, and I love it. Let the real healing begin!

-jj

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2008 03:09PM by jj52.

The Work, Byron Katie, text removed from webpages,
Date: March 01, 2008 05:55PM

Just to be sure everyone understands...here are the objective technical facts about the removal of that important text from the webpage mentioned above.

(Google indexes websites constantly, and updates them, and keeps a "cache" which lags a bit behind. Ask some techie to explain that if you need to.)

By pressing the link given above and again here,
[209.85.135.104]
anyone in the world can see how the Byron Katie webpage looked on that past date, which is stamped at the top of the page. It says "This is G o o g l e's cache [...]as retrieved on 23 Feb 2008 19:13:19 GMT"
So the link above is the webpage on Feb 23, 2008 at that exact time. That page has the full-text from above which literally DEFINES the Work, and its "life-changing results", and then they give that list of claims shown above. (as mentioned, that same text was copied according to Google to about 201 other web sites).

Now if one goes to that same webpage on Feb 29, 2008, all of that text has now been "disappeared".
[www.thework.com]

So that is a technical, objective fact, that cannot be altered.

Now WHY was this page changed, after that date? Why would the very definition of The Work, and the list of its "benefits" be removed, at the same time questions are being asked about them?
Someone mentioned a senior facilitator of The Work wrote elsewhere that she read the threads in this forum. Perhaps we can find where and when she wrote that.
Is it all a coincidence?
Or is making certain types of alleged medical claims, psychotherapy or psychology claims extremely serious, if an investigation is conducted?
How serious?

Even Dr. Phil had a complaint laid against him for allegedly practicing psychology without a license with the California Board of Psychology.
"TMZ has obtained a copy of a complaint against Dr. Phil which was lodged with the California Board of Psychology, alleging the TV doc was illegally practicing without a license when he paid a visit to one Britney Spears."
"Practicing without a license is a felony in California."
The info and complaint is here.
[www.tmz.com]

So why was that text making those statements removed? Anyone want to buy a bridge in Brooklyn?
Is the text coming back? Where did it go?
Will the same text only be spoken now,a nd not written down? Its all a big mystery as of now.
Are there any other webpages which are having information removed? Why? Where's the fire?

So that all remains to be determined.

IMPORTANT POINT:
(that being said, that Google cache page could be updated literally any minute, or requested taken down, from an "interested party" who does not want the public or anyone else to see that webpage. So one would be wise to SAVE a copy of that page for reference immediately.)

As a matter of fact, maybe someone could SAVE a copy of that page with their browser, and then UPLOAD it into this thread, using the "Attach a file" button, on the bottom left. This way it can be preserved here permanently and viewed by the public. Otherwise it could vanish at any moment, and the evidence would be gone from public eyes. It could be "disappeared" too.

Murder suspect claimed self-help plan helped her (The Work)Byron Katie
Date: March 01, 2008 07:16PM

are other webpages being disappeared too? Read them before they are gone!

[forum.culteducation.com]

Last updated: Thursday, April 5, 2007 10:45 AM EDT

"Rochelle Laudenslager reported in an online post about a year ago that a self-help process called “The Work” helped her deal with personal issues.
The Work teaches people to examine their beliefs about how life should be and to realize they can embrace a reality that may never meet their expectations, according to its founder, Byron Kathleen Mitchell.
But The Work didn’t solve all of Laudenslager’s problems[...]

Re: The Work, Byron Katie, text removed from webpages,
Posted by: helpme2times ()
Date: March 01, 2008 09:23PM

The Anticult
Just to be sure everyone understands...here are the objective technical facts about the removal of that important text from the webpage mentioned above.

(Google indexes websites constantly, and updates them, and keeps a "cache" which lags a bit behind. Ask some techie to explain that if you need to.)

By pressing the link given above and again here,
[209.85.135.104]
anyone in the world can see how the Byron Katie webpage looked on that past date, which is stamped at the top of the page. It says "This is G o o g l e's cache [...]as retrieved on 23 Feb 2008 19:13:19 GMT"
So the link above is the webpage on Feb 23, 2008 at that exact time. That page has the full-text from above which literally DEFINES the Work, and its "life-changing results", and then they give that list of claims shown above. (as mentioned, that same text was copied according to Google to about 201 other web sites).

Now if one goes to that same webpage on Feb 29, 2008, all of that text has now been "disappeared".
[www.thework.com]

So that is a technical, objective fact, that cannot be altered.

[snip]

IMPORTANT POINT:
(that being said, that Google cache page could be updated literally any minute, or requested taken down, from an "interested party" who does not want the public or anyone else to see that webpage. So one would be wise to SAVE a copy of that page for reference immediately.)

As a matter of fact, maybe someone could SAVE a copy of that page with their browser, and then UPLOAD it into this thread, using the "Attach a file" button, on the bottom left. This way it can be preserved here permanently and viewed by the public. Otherwise it could vanish at any moment, and the evidence would be gone from public eyes. It could be "disappeared" too.
Yes people, save copies of the Google-cached page re "The Work". Also save the Sentinel article about the Work Facilitator who ended up committing murder. Thanks so much for letting us know about this stuff, Anti!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2008 09:48PM by helpme2times.

Re: The Work, Byron Katie, text removed from webpages,
Date: March 01, 2008 09:51PM

It would be great if a number of people could save those pages, just in case.
Hopefully someone can upload them here as attachments somehow, or they could be uploaded to another website, or file storage thingy, and just linked to?
The thing is to have full uncorrupted copies of the entire pages so people can see the evidence and facts for themselves.

Also, one wonders what other webpages and text might be Vanishing?

If there is no objective Reality, and the past does not exist, any webpages that are incriminating can be Disappeared?
no, that's not how REALITY works, only delusion. They exist, they can't be totally scrubbed away by a Turnaround.

Current Page: 19 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.