Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Where Landmark's unhealthy
Posted by: Fire499 ()
Date: November 03, 2005 04:47AM

My sister-in-law has just been admitted to a psychiatric hospital in Dublin having attended 4 day on a Landmark course, as far as we can asertain she recieved no food and was anable to sleep for these 4 days. Due to weird changes in her behaviour, extreme mood swings and an aparently false sense of wellbeing, my wife and I called her GP and she was committed last night into a Dublin Hospital. Her personality has completely changed, and she's spouting rubbish about " possibilities" and being in a "happy place".
She ranted and screamed all night in the hospital believing her youngest son was dead.. Scary experience for all. My advice to anyone, especially those who may be under some stress or going through a difficult time in their lives, is to stay away from this group, its an extorsion racket, with possibly dangerous consequences for those attending these forums................Joe Trimble

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: midonov123 ()
Date: November 03, 2005 11:48PM

Fire499
My sister-in-law has just been admitted to a psychiatric hospital in Dublin having attended 4 day on a Landmark course, as far as we can asertain she recieved no food and was anable to sleep for these 4 days. Due to weird changes in her behaviour, extreme mood swings and an aparently false sense of wellbeing, my wife and I called her GP and she was committed last night into a Dublin Hospital. Her personality has completely changed, and she's spouting rubbish about " possibilities" and being in a "happy place".
She ranted and screamed all night in the hospital believing her youngest son was dead.. Scary experience for all. My advice to anyone, especially those who may be under some stress or going through a difficult time in their lives, is to stay away from this group, its an extorsion racket, with possibly dangerous consequences for those attending these forums................Joe Trimble

Joe,

This story is very sad and infuriating. I ask myself, how many similar cases go unreported? I know for a fact that a Landmark participant have committed suicide last year in Toronto, but Landmark leaders were very quick at pointing out that his suicide was not due to his participation in Landmark. Like I was told, "that's his problem!".

About your sister-in-law, what did the doctor(s) say? Is it a "psychotic" episode? Did anyone attributed her condition to her participation in Landmark?

Importantly, should your sister-in-law or family decide to file a law suit against Landmark for having created psychological damage to her, would you find support from the medical community to testify against Landmark? I recommend you should ask the doctors about this. It's time for the health professionals to take a stand against such abusive and destructive groups. What do you think?

Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: November 06, 2005 03:45PM

myshkin
When I really got that being powerful is not pushing people around, but a commitment to my purpose with a good dose of honesty, listening and serenity, it blew me away.

yeah, dude, [i:3c28592754]your[/i:3c28592754] purpose.

so you learned to use subtle tactics versus overt, all the better to serve [i:3c28592754]your[/i:3c28592754] own ends.

The possibility (sorry, hard not to use the word) I see is real partnership, where it's no longer "dominate or be dominated."

and yet you do work as a introduction leader that operates under the top-down model that really operates as a hierarchy, with paid bosses and a workforce of un-paid volunteers, a pyramid scheme. I guess a gloss of egalitarianism. I suppose you have re-organized your local Landmark into a worker's collective. oh sorry, you can't. you just work there, too.

if you want to forge "real partnerships" you can use the ring model rather than the pyramid model.

maybe you do use that model in your extra-Landmark life, however, if you did, you would surely not have to go to Landmark for that "insight", you would already live it.

Posted by: critical_thinker ()
Date: November 07, 2005 01:41PM

These were actually the "Seven Characteristics of Being Extraordinary" not "commandments."

Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.