Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Special Landmark Offer, Quit Your Day Job!
Posted by: marc landeau ()
Date: January 12, 2005 03:24PM

Yes folks Landmark Education is currently offering a very special opportunity!
[u:a382505129]Quit[/u:a382505129] your day job and start living a life of [i:a382505129]possibilty[/i:a382505129]! Now you can do it too!

You've heard about the amazing [i:a382505129]rackets[/i:a382505129] that Landmark sweeps under the rug. We invite you to sweep your day job under the rug too! No more paperwork- we don't allow note taking. No more more boss breathing down your neck- meet your new LEADER and lock the door! No more taxes, follow Werner Erhards example of how to dodge the IRS and we'll help set up your escape to South America where you can lead your own introduction seminar!

We have many volunteer positions available (currently we are not offering ANY paying positions, but if you continue to volunteer with us indefinetely we will be sure to hint at the 'technology' which will make it [i:a382505129]possible[/i:a382505129] for you to live a life of limited success). Recent trends in bio-engineering and genetic modification have allowed our technology to really grow. Yes folks, we have invented a MONEY TREE. Our new Landmark Money Tree grows genuinely [i:a382505129]undetectable[/i:a382505129] american dollar bills in 5, 10, 20, 50, and 100 dollar denominations. We have established many [i:a382505129]new[/i:a382505129] Landmark Money Tree groves on a couple island-based secret locations in the South Pacific. Due to the sensitive nature of our new [i:a382505129]technology[/i:a382505129], we cannot tell you anything more about it. But trust us, it's amazing. Currently, only Werner Erhard and his kid brother are allowed access to test out our new developement. We promise that one day, all of our truely commited volunteers will be able to pick the Green Lincolns of Fortune Fruit and replenish their empty wallets, while attending our Vacation Seminar in the South Pacific.

Until that day never arrives, we offer you a once in a lifetime chance to sign up and volunteer for us! Imagine a [i:a382505129]new[/i:a382505129] life of 100% volunteering and 0% paid work!

Volunteer positions for which we are currently and desperately taking applications include:
*hall monitor/bathroom blocker
*name tag row arranger
*telephone harassment customer miservice
*punch bowl dosage tester
*chalkboard cleaner
*audience leader cheering plants
*racket attackers
*secret real estate agents
*sneaky street teams
*personal/private information collaters
*green Lincoln donaters
*flourescent light controller
*door blocker
*extended butt soreness seat testers
*legal release form pushers
*snoops

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: glam ()
Date: January 12, 2005 11:04PM

Can I be a thermostat controller? Please, please, pretty please?

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: January 13, 2005 03:10AM

Are there really real estate, what - assessors? - people who figure out who has what so they can get them to sell?

I know that a coupe in my Forum, a pair that would be considered "stars" at the Forum, decided during the weekend to quit their day jobs and move to Colorado, what they always dreamed about. They had no money and no clue as to how they were going to pull it off, but trusted all those possible possibilities would present themselves and help them achieve their goals.

Several participants in my Forum quit their jobs, others lost their jobs after they decided to be "authentic" with their coworkers and bosses. What did they get from Landmark? Applause and offers of breakthroughs for big bucks.

Posted by: ULTAWARE ()
Date: January 13, 2005 09:32AM

My spouse told me (she was really unaware of what she was telling me)when I asked her what her duty was in volunteering at another Forum (another chance to get them zonked again) , she said handling the thermostat...now previously I had found some info on controlling the speed of any fans, the temperature and blocking any sight of the outside world while being "Forumized", along with the chairs being nudged to a perfect distance between each other, so close to subtlely make it uncomfortable. Yes, her duty was to control of the temp in the room.

Just one of many CONTROL factors...

P.A.X.

Posted by: marc landeau ()
Date: January 13, 2005 11:10AM

Actually, I think the goal is to get the recently initiated to spend spend spend, more then to sell and make money themselves. They allow predatory real estate agents, travel agents, car salesman, and loan officers to comb the halls for the unsuspecting newbies. They sit in the back of the room- and pay particularly close attention whenever you share your personal desires and goals. "You must keep your name tags visible at all times!" They want to know who says what. Then they sign you up for next weeks seminar (before you can push past the door blockers) where they will come introduce themselves as your new Landmark friend. "By the way, I have a lovely condemned building I've been trying to get rid of for months now. Why don't you come by my office on Monday while you're still in trance and a suggestable state of mind, and I can hook you up. Don't have any money? No problem, I extend credit at exorbitantly high rates, well above what's ethical." They ruin people by [i:8b53e6751d]clearing[/i:8b53e6751d] their wallets any way they can, and laugh all the way to the bank.

Posted by: speranza ()
Date: January 13, 2005 02:22PM

Hope
They had no money and no clue as to how they were going to pull it off, but trusted all those possible possibilities would present themselves and help them achieve their goals.

Several participants in my Forum quit their jobs, others lost their jobs after they decided to be "authentic" with their coworkers and bosses. What did they get from Landmark? Applause and offers of breakthroughs for big bucks.

Are they particularly encouraged to do this? My friend seems to believe she's "happy" now that she's unemployed (and unemployable, IMO)...

Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: January 15, 2005 09:55AM

Landmark does not come out and say quit your job you will be happy nor does it say quit your job what it does say is its up to you to be happy, you need to talk to your managers and let them know you are unhappy you are told to disclose your inauthenticities to your managers (this can lead to you being fired of course) or they challenge you to be unreasonable and jump into what you want to do, this of course leads you to quitting your job and trying to do that.

Landmark uses language and methods that interupt your normal critical thinking. Take a non landmark person and say tell your manager where you have been inauthentic and they will generally say I have not been inauthentic and even if i have i sure as heck am not going to tell my boss and get fired. However the landmark person finds the inauthenticity such as I hate this job it makes me mad tells the boss and subsequently finds themselves out on the street and whats more they are happy about it because they believe they have been authentic

Posted by: LEC_escapee ()
Date: January 15, 2005 12:03PM

In the Center here you are encouraged by the Center Manager to quit your day job. You are told outright that anything you are doing outside the center is not as worthy or important and are scheduled to death in the Center, even when you say no. Positions on staff are offered to be people left and right since staff here never stays long.

Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: January 16, 2005 02:12AM

Hi LEC Escapee,

I guess every manager is different and every centre is different. That manager is not following LEC policy if he is telling people to quit their jobs. As for jobs being offered left righ and centre because staff do not stay long, this is the same world wide, staff are pushed and pushed so quickly that they quit simply because they realise they can never suceed. I managed to survive on staff for just under two years. During that time I was yelled at, humiliated by centre manager and Landmark forum leaders, called into work on my only day off, called to work while on my one and only week long vacation. Paid minimum wage yet expected to put in excessive hours. "Coached and trained" non stop. I was deprived of sleep, and eventually broken.

people on the assisting programme are just people to use by staff who need to get their job done. It is impossible for any staff member to get their job done without a minimum of 14 people assisting them. This is per role that the staff member is accountable for. So if a staff member is accountable for landmark forum registration and advanced course registration they need 28 people assisting them. If they are registration fulfillment for more then one programme they need 14 people for each programme. It is extreemly hard to get enough people to assist so those who do assist get pushed into taking more and more on. Landmark talks about how you are trained while on the assisting programme but the reality is you are there to do the staff members job simply because they can't do it alone

Posted by: LEC_escapee ()
Date: January 16, 2005 06:20AM

Sonnie, I'm very aware of the reality of being on staff. i have 2 people I was close to from my ILP who are on staff now and I myself was offered a staff position a couple of years ago. It's a really disgusting company and they should be shut down. That's the bottom-line.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.