Introduction
Posted by: PhireX ()
Date: January 10, 2005 11:10AM

Hey guys, I wont give you a great deal of background but I am a 21 male, australian (melbourne) just completed the Landmark Forum.

I was sceptical from the beginning and after the 2nd day, I jumped onto the internet after my girlfriend said (who "Recruited" me, and was "Reviewing") that one of her friends refused to do it because she beleived it was a cult. I went into google and typed in "Landmark + Cult" and was surprised to see the number of results come up. This site looked the most resourceful though so I'm here.

Let's just say I've completed the 3 day course and have recieved no benefit. I suffer from anxiety due to a medical condition and was scorned at for taking a few outside breaks to "clear my head"

I plan on "sharing" on tuesday infront of all the new members how anti landmark I am. I was fake to everyone I "Shared" with and just made stuff up. I wasnt raped as a child, I dont feel unloved or unlovable or any of that stuff and I am a true sceptic of the program. I dont believe Landmark is the path to true happiness as they explain.

I also believe that if life is meaningless then that also makes landmark meaningless.

Anyone got any good questions to ask the "Forum Leader" that could potentially put her into a nice corner and make her sweat. A few people did and she answered the questions quite stupidly saying "Oh, you're just in your strong suit and that is just a racket" and didnt actually answer the question (The one saying "You're whole life is just strong suits and rackets"), except admitted a few people could come up with exceptions. Then just said, wherever there is a rule, there must be exceptions, otherwise it isnt a rule.

I'm going to try and "deprogramme" myself as much as possible. Im so glad I didnt get caught up in it. If my g/f didnt mention the fact that her friend said it was a cult I might have never gone onto the net and searched up on it. She's been truely suckered into this whole thing.

I will find out more, I think im only touching base. I did find out however, my strong suit is being "Analytical" and that's most likely why I'm here, I analyse everything, but is that a bad thing?

Am I unhappy with my life? No. Did landmark try and teach me my life was unhappy? Yes. Do I believe that can be more damaging? Yes.

Anyway some responses would be good, links would also be great for some major "loopholes" in their education.

Did anyone hear the story about the guy who did landmark who had a brain tumor and "chose" his tumor (??) and then after the course he got a scan and it was gone?

Medical Miracle? Perhaps. Landmark? No. Most likely a story.

Thanks guys, I feel I may need to spend a bit of time here being "Analytical" in order to rid myself of what has been put into my head.

Options: ReplyQuote
Introduction
Posted by: Savernake ()
Date: January 10, 2005 10:02PM

PhireX
Then just said, wherever there is a rule, there must be exceptions, otherwise it isnt a rule.

Forgive me, I'm going to be really pedantic here (I guess being analytical about language is my "strong suit" ;) ) -- but the saying "the exception that proves the rule" must be one of the most widely misunderstood in the English language. When the phrase first came up, the word "prove" meant "test" (ie as in prooving ground). Given the modern meaning of the word "prove", exceptions don't prove rules , they disprove them.

[www.tiscali.co.uk]

Introduction
Posted by: Delphina_9 ()
Date: January 10, 2005 11:21PM

My advice, for what it's worth, would be....... If you ask a direct question, and there is no direct answer, if they can't tell you what they are doing, why they are doing it, or what they expect to have happen by doing it; or if they make you feel "wrong, stupid, or punished" for asking it, RUN, don't walk away.

Your girlfriend would be wise to heed this advice too, good luck.

Delphina

Introduction
Posted by: Lucretia ()
Date: January 11, 2005 08:02AM

I am in agreement with Delphina . Do not go back there for any reason if you know it's not for you, certainly don't go back there to instigate any "resistance" to their "process". They have this stuff down and will not tolerate any kind of doubt being propogated into the group as a whole. Just take care of yourself and hope others will get a clue. Thankfully you did. TC

Introduction
Posted by: speranza ()
Date: January 11, 2005 01:32PM

Hey PhireX,

Good for you!

I haven't been to the forum but have been seriously thinking about going along to an introduction to tell other people to get out while they still can! My Landmarkian friend is a sad robot who can't communicate with normal people, very scary!

Hope the sharing goes well, and you get your girlfriend out!

Introduction
Posted by: Rachel ()
Date: January 12, 2005 08:07PM

I have felt like handing out leaflets (of course with website lists and book lists that are anti-landmark) as people go into the Introduction or Forum, or putting them under windscreen-wipers of all the cars parked around the building....if just one person was prompted to really investigate Landmark....it would be worth the effort.

Everyone, whom I've ever been able to give this information to, who has not yet paid up for an upcoming Forum, has not gone. (Usually if they have already paid, they tend to follow through and do it, saying, 'I won't get sucked in' - but they still do.)

Prevention is best - once they have been it's very very difficult for them to be open to the information.

Introduction
Posted by: Rachel ()
Date: January 12, 2005 08:08PM

I have felt like handing out leaflets (of course with website lists and book lists that are anti-landmark) as people go into the Introduction or Forum, or putting them under windscreen-wipers of all the cars parked around the building....if just one person was prompted to really investigate Landmark....it would be worth the effort.

Everyone, whom I've ever been able to give this information to, who has not yet paid up for an upcoming Forum, has not gone. (Usually if they have already paid, they tend to follow through and do it, saying, 'I won't get sucked in' - but they still do.)

Prevention is best - once they have been it's very very difficult for them to be open to the information.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.