M J B SEMINARS run by Mitch J Behan in Perth Western Australia
Posted by: ROZZANNE ()
Date: June 11, 2010 10:08AM

These Seminars are advertised on Google under the name MJB Seminars.
They are supposed to be educational to help people through the Universal laws that govern humanity and our evolution.
They are "based" on the knowledge that Mitch claims comes from understanding the laws of the Universe.
I have a family member embroiled in this stuff and they have encouraged another member to join in and it is spreading to their social contacts.
They are trying to get me to go along to "Information Seminars"
They believe in being "In tune with the positive energy of the Universe"

I listen to what these family members say and it is basically:.
"All the bad things that have happened to you in your life are your fault and you must accept total responsibility for them as you chose for it to happen".
"The people who did terrible things to you are not really bad people".
"The Universe was trying to teach you something".
"You will keep making the same mistakes until you learn the lesson the Universe is trying to teach you".

If I get upset with them or am reduced to tears because of all the pressure put upon me, by them saying all the bad things that happened in my life "Are your own fault", then I am accused of :
"Playing the victim"
"You really like to get the sympathy kick dont you?"
"You play the victim so well"
"Your an adult arent you? Why dont you stop playing a victim of circumstances".

I said to this person, "You must really hate me to talk to me this way, as someone who loves a person does not talk to them like this, it is EMOTIONAL TORTURE".
Their response was, "No I dont hate you, your my relative and I love you" "I am trying to help you".
They tell me : quote "I (they) am the centre of my own(their) Universe"

I know that the Universe is a created mass of atomic matter and space and I will not turn to/deify the Universe to seek power, health, wealth etc.
I dont care how much particles travel in waves etc it will not convince me to "tune in"
Similarly I will not let a human being set themselves up in my life as a guru, and spiritual guide for me, like the people who adulate "Mitch and Mills" on Facebook- who are the couple running these Landmark style Seminars in Perth Western Australia.

I know that Saul the king of Israel lost his anointing for going to the witch of Endor to seek information about the future instead of seeking wisdom from God.
I know what Genesis 1:1 means and I believe it.
I have had miracles of healing occur within my family and also within my own body that doctors have declared were "miracles" and there was no medical explanation for them, "medical impossibilities".
These miracles occurred because of faith and prayer.
I have seen peoples lives changed because of faith in God the Creator.
I have survived extreme domestic violence and escaped it, injuries, health issues, extreme debt, severe trauma, sadistic treatment by a sociopathic sadistic homicidal husband who emotionally tortured me for almost ten years till I became strong enough to leave and ignore all the manipulation he plied upon my friends, relatives, and me to return.
Two psychiatrists who know what I have gone through and who helped me when I was fighting to retain custody of my children of that marriage, said that I defied the text books as anyone else whould have lost their sanity within 12 months of living with a man who was so ill and so manipulative.
They knew the mental evaluation of my ex as I had managed to encourage him to have total Psychological and Psychiatric assessments done on both of us in an attempt to save the marriage.
The psychiatrists verified that I was not suffering any mental illness despite the ex husbands slander in the Family Court in Perth.
I know it was my trust in God to get me through it all, that helped me to survive day by day.

I cannot trade the belief I have in God (not denominations) that is tried and tested and has never let me down, for some self styled guru's "Quantum Physics and Quantum Mechanics based Laws of the Universe- self motivational give me your money and you too can learn to be enlightened and superior" lifestyle.

I am concerned at the hold this pseudo science has on my relatives and others in Perth as I can predict there will be many people being hurt now and in the future.

Does anyone know anything about this Mitchell J Behan?
Who is he?
Where has he come from?
Just what are his qualifications if any?
It would be interesting to check out his background.
He also does Property Investment Seminars in Perth Western Australia..

Re: M J B SEMINARS run by Mitch J Behan in Perth Western Australia
Date: December 06, 2010 10:45AM

Consider this, if Ralph Waldo Emersons essay on "Circles" written in 1841 is recommended by Mitch J Behan as reading material in the MJB Seminars "Prophet Teacher Student" Seminar session, how can a person claim that MJB is "Christian".
Ralph Waldo Emerson wrote that "Jesus did not die for the sins of mankind" He claimed that Jesus rose from the dead because he refused to believe in death.
Ralph Waldo Emerson also wrote that "Man cannot learn anything from man, or from human tradition".
There goes the ethical right to charge anyone $$$$ for attending a Seminar to "learn about the Universal laws that govern humanity"
or the Quantum physics, Quantum Mechanics mix of mysticism and Quantum Science.
As MJB clones have told me, "You cannot blame anyone for anything bad that happens to you".

"If you pray and ask God for something, and instead, bad things happen to you, you must realise that the Universe is loving you and allowing these things to happen so you will gain something from it".
Think on this, if this train of thought is really the TRUTH, then the legal system has no rights to prosecute, or punish, a murderer, child molester, thief, negligent doctor, crooked politician, war criminal,drunk driver, wife basher etc etc.
WHY?
Because the Universe/God, was allowing it to happen so that we might "gain" something from it.
What a nice line to use in Defence in a Court of Law.
How many of you think a Judge and Jury would agree with that line of thinking?
"I didnt do anything bad your Honour, the Universe wanted it to happen so the victim could gain something"

Date: December 06, 2010 12:24PM

Point to consider:
When attending these seminars you are not allowed to record the proceedings, or take notes on what happens.
You are not allowed to talk about the process you are put through.
You have to make an agreement to not disclose.
BUT!
Nobody has a patent on Psychological processes or techniques, so therefore it is not breaking the law to talk about the Psychololgical process/technique used.

As the leaders of the seminar use a microphone and you are only allowed to speak if you raise your hand and get permitted the use of the microphone:
How do you know that what you disclose to, and within the group attending, is not recorded and kept by MJB SEMINARS?
Personal and private information about your childhood traumas and other such events in your ife is shared at these seminars, with total strangers.
No Psychologist would expose a client to public disclosure like that.
Yet they, MJB are using Cognitive Psychology techniques on the people attending, and getting them to talk about childhood traumas (regressing to childhood) and other such things within a large group of people.
This makes one feel extrememly vulnerable and emotional, therefore making it easy to manipulate a person as they are taken back to their childhood pain.
What proof & guarantee has anyone attending the Seminars got, that notes or recordings of their personal & private life is not being kept on file?

Date: January 31, 2011 08:52AM

MODERATORS PLEASE DO NOT POST THIS INFORMATION UNTIL I, or someon in authority on this Forum, get a chance to check it out with the person who posted it.
The statements made are quite inflammatory and need to be verified before it is posted to protect Rick Ross forum from possible litigation.
I have sent them an email asking them to contact me to verify their information.
[...]
Below is a cut and pasted copy of what they put on Virtual Gumshoe in reply to my posting- which I have included as well.

Author Posted Message
zoezoe

MITCHEL J BEHAN-MJB SEMINARS AUSTRALIA Oct 22 2010, 6:56am

This guy has moved to Australia from Dublin Ireland and is running seminars that follow a lot of the typical Large Group Awareness Training Seminar techniques that have caused a lot of grief to people in USA and Europe and Australia. He has website called MJB SEMINARS on Google and a Facebook page called "Mitch and Mills". If you check them out you can see how people adulate him like a guru. I have family members brainwashed by this group and nobody can warn them or dissuade them from spending hundreds of dollars per seminar for "self improvement" seminars that they are pressured to take and also pressured to drag others into. Because I have researched the effect of L.G.A.T.S.and found that normal healthy people have consequently had mental breakdowns after attending such programs, I have warned members of my family to avoid attending invitations to free "Information nights" or to "Graduation evenings" or 48hr Seminars that will "change their whole life" at MJB Seminars. I also cannot find any formal qualifications for Psychology, Psychiatry, Science, Counselling, or Education listed for Mitchel J Behan on his website or Facebook page, yet he is supposedly teaching on Quantum Physics and Quantum Mechanics and taking people through intense Psychological experiences that mess with their psyche.. My normally loving family member has become verbally aggressive to me, enraged and abusive, sending me phone calls and emails that abuse me and denigrate me, as well as trying to convince me that I am dysfunctional, unbalanced, faulty, etc etc. The obsessive defence of their new found ideology is frightening. This is not the same person that they were before attending the training seminars. They are totally brainwashed that this MItchel J Behan is telling the truth, is wonderful, is a superior person, and through his training they are superior. They are angry because of my warning other family members. This has reduced the number of people they can now con into attending seminars and paying out money for brainwashing weekends. They are furious that I dared to challenge their beliefs and question the validity of what they are learning. Does anyone have any information on the background of this Michael J Behan? I found a 2002 post on Teknoscope Forums that mentioned MJB Seminars in Perth West Australia in 2002 and the person said that Mitch J Behan has property in other countries? I know he travels to India and other such places as a relative (Behan) of his runs a travel business and a lot of followers go on overseas trips with him. Any information about this mans background would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou.

147 view s 0 repl ies

pennyanon
General User

Re: MITCHEL J BEHAN-MJB SEMINARS AUSTRALIA Jan 30 2011, 10:18am

The reason why you cannot find any qualifications for Mitchell Behan is because he has none. In fact prior to starting MJB Seminars he was a drug dealer and spent time in jail for drag trafficking. Of course if you speak to him about this he will assure you that his drug dealing days were all part of the universe loving him and helping to guide him to be the person he is today. I attended my first MJB Seminar around 5 years ago, and looking back now I can see that I was completely brain washed. People entering the weekend workshop are subjected to extremely long hours, very little food breaks and controlled toilet breaks. They then use cognitive psychotherapy on people without their knowledge and who are unprepared for it until they are in an extremely vulnerable situation, to the point that they are willing to except/believe whatever they are told. If you question their work or methods you are told that it is only because you do not want to look at your self. I then attended both the second and third mjb courses and spent a lot of time and money on them. It has taken me nearly 5 years to dig myself out of the mental state they put me in. It has been the most miserable 5 years of my life, and it was only recently that I realised I was making such stupid and warped decisions based on some unfounded ideology. When I emailed them about these issues I never recieved a reply. As far as the trips to India goes, his brother runs a travel business and they con you into signing up at the end of each course. The cost for these trips are huge ($6000 to $12000 in general) and those without the money are told "to make the commitment and the money will be there". To anyone considering attending these workshops in the future DON'T. They are a controlled cult who thrive on making people blinded to the point they would not dare question what they are taught, under the pretense that it is all about "love". And all the while Mitch Behan is getting even richer.

5 view s 0 repl ies

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2011 11:24PM by rrmoderator.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: January 31, 2011 11:25PM

ROZZANNE:

It is against the rules of this message board to post contact information, e.g. email addresses.

Please do not violate the rules you agreed to before posting here.

Posted by: sarina286 ()
Date: June 20, 2011 10:52PM

I did the Relationships and You seminar run by MJB. Because of what I read on here I nearly didn't. If I had not done it I would have missed out on the most amazingly wonderful experience of my life. I finally feel at peace within myself and I have never felt so much love towards myself. It was a very freeing experience and I would recommend it to anyone in a heart beat.

Mitch and Emilia are wonderful, caring people. Don't knock it, until you've done it and stuck it out until the end.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 21, 2011 12:46AM

sarina286:

Your post reads like an ad for this company and its products.

"Don't knock it, until you've done it and stuck it out until the end"?

Hardly.

You don't have to drive drunk or smoke ciggarettes to know its not a good thing.

Research matters. And anyone considering buying a product, such a s a training seminar, can do a background check before laying out their cash and participating in something that might be potentially unsafe.

Large group awareness training (LGAT) or "mass marathon training" like MJB has a deeply troubled history that should cause anyone concern. LGATs like Landmark Education/EST, Lifespring and Sterling Institute of Relatiionship have been the subject of critical news reports. Personal injury lawsuits have also been filed against LGATs by former participants that claimed they were hurt by the training.

A paper written by a psychologist illustrates some of the inherent problems frequently observed within LGATs.

See [www.culteducation.com]

13 liabilities that can observed within most LGATs or mass marathon psychotherapy training sessions:

They lack adequate participant-selection criteria.

They lack reliable norms, supervision, and adequate training for leaders.

They lack clearly defined responsibility.

They sometimes foster pseudoauthenticity and pseudoreality.

They sometimes foster inappropriate patterns of relationships.

They sometimes ignore the necessity and utility of ego defenses.

They sometimes teach the covert value of total exposure instead of valuing personal differences.

They sometimes foster impulsive personality styles and behavioral strategies.

They sometimes devalue critical thinking in favor of "experiencing" without self-analysis or reflection.

They sometimes ignore stated goals, misrepresent their actual techniques, and obfuscate their real agenda.

They sometimes focus too much on structural self-awareness techniques and misplace the goal of democratic education; as a result participants may learn more about themselves and less about group process.

They pay inadequate attention to decisions regarding time limitations. This may lead to increased pressure on some participants to unconsciously "fabricate" a cure.

They fail to adequately consider the "psychonoxious" or deleterious effects of group participation (or] adverse countertransference reactions.

The groups were determined to be dangerous when:

Leaders had rigid, unbending beliefs about what participants should experience and believe, how they should behave in the group. and when they should change.

Leaders had no sense of differential diagnosis and assessment skills, valued cathartic emotional breakthroughs as the ultimate therapeutic experience, and sadistically pressed to create or force a breakthrough in every participant.

Leaders had an evangelical system of belief that was the one single pathway to salvation.

Leaders were true believers and sealed their doctrine off from discomforting data or disquieting results and tended to discount a poor result by, "blaming the victim."

Many LGATs seems to rely upon what can be seen as "coercive persuasion".

See [www.culteducation.com]

The key factors that distinguish coercive persuasion from other training and socialization schemes are:

The reliance on intense interpersonal and psychological attack to destabilize an individual's sense of self to promote compliance

The use of an organized peer group

Applying interpersonal pressure to promote conformity

The manipulation of the totality of the person's social environment to stabilize behavior once modified

Robert Lifton labeled the extraordinarily high degree of social control characteristic of organizations that operate reform programs as their totalistic quality (Lifton 1961). This concept refers to the mobilization of the entirety of the person's social, and often physical, environment in support of the manipulative effort. Lifton identified eight themes or properties of reform environments that contribute to their totalistic quality:

Control of communication

Emotional and behavioral manipulation

Demands for absolute conformity to behavior prescriptions derived from the ideology

Obsessive demands for confession

Agreement that the ideology is faultless

Manipulation of language in which cliches substitute for analytic thought

Reinterpretation of human experience and emotion in terms of doctrine

Classification of those not sharing the ideology as inferior and not worthy of respect

The results of LGATs are subjective. That is, people feel they have received benefits, but there has never been a peer reviewed published study in a credible academic journal, which has demonstrated objective scientifically measurable results and/or benefits over a period of years following such training. Objective results might include a lower divorce rate, improved grades in school, increased income, lowered need for professional counseling or prescribed medication for stress and anxiety amongst past participants.

Before just jumping in upon the advice of a friend, family member or co-worker pitching such training, it is important to do the research on LGATs generally and the LGAT specifically being promoted.

There are meaningful and less risky alternatives to LGATs, such as counseling provided by a licensed professional (e.g. marriage and family therapist), continuing education at an accredited college or university, job training, business school or mentoring by a business professional, support groups for particular problems and/or pastoral counseling for those attached to a church.

Most LGATs have little if any meaningful accountability, unlike the aforementioned resouces, which are typically licensed, regulated and/or accredited. In fact many LGATs expect participants to sign some sort of waiver, essentially relinquishing the right to claim a personal injury or have a personal injury trial in court before a jury.

Being expected to sign such a waiver should be a warning flag in my opinion.

Date: October 07, 2011 10:36AM

I have a cut and pasted copy here of a posting done on the VIRTUAL GUMSHOE Website, in reponse to a posted request for information in October 2010 while researching the LGATS (Large Group Training Seminars) known as MJB SEMINARS founded by Mitch J Behan that is operating in Perth Western Australia, Melbourne, Capitol city of Victoria state in Australia and Sydney, Capitol state of New South Wales in Australia.

I posted my request for information as I had previous firsthand knowledge of the damaging effects LGATS have had on people in Perth who were taken to the Psychiatrist at the CommonWealth Health Department for INVOLUNTARY ADMISSION to Mental Hospitals after suffering a Psychotic Meltdown from the high pressure tactics of the leaders of such groups as Landmark Forums, Est, Scientology etc.

I was the Receptionist for the committing Psychiatrist and had frequent long discussions with him, during tea breaks, about the methods used by these LGATS groups and the damage it was causing to people who entered the Seminars- not informed, and not aware- that potentially damaging Psychotherapy techniques were going to be employed upon them by persons who had no formal training, recognised Professional Certification, or Professional Supervision.

When my family member began telling me of MJB and it's "Self development" and "Education" and the "Quantum Physics and Quantum Mechanics" that Mitch J Behan was teaching, I became somewhat concerned as it seemed a bit strange that a man who appeared to have no formal qualifications in Quantum Science was claiming he taught, or "Educated" people based on theories linked to Quantum Science and the "Fundamental Laws that govern humanity".
MJB SEMINARS claims that a persons life would be "Transformed in 48 hours" was also a concern, as it seemed too good to be true, and as the old saying goes, "If it sounds too good to be true, then it most probably isn't".

Very few people on this planet have the mental capacity to truly understand the complexities of Quantum Science and it is still an evolving Science with much to learn and discover, definately not the field for a self confessed Drug user and self confessed Convicted Drug Dealer to be an expert in, unless they have spent many years studying in an accredited Learning Institute.
There are however many Internet sites where all sorts of Pseudo Medical, Pseudo Psychotherapy Quackery claims are listed, that claim to be using Quantum Science.

I wrote to every Science Department in every University in Australia to enquire if Mitch J. Behan had ever studied at their Science Department or aquired Professional recognition there, for his studies in Quantum Science.
No confirmation of his attending any such courses, or Universitites.

Please read the posted enquiry and the recent response taken from Virtual Gumshoe, below, and form your own opinion based upon comparison of this response with the Moderators posting above.

MITCHEL J BEHAN-MJB SEMINARS AUSTRALIA Oct 22 2010, 6:56am

This guy has moved to Australia from Dublin Ireland and is running seminars that follow a lot of the typical Large Group Awareness Training Seminar techniques that have caused a lot of grief to people in USA and Europe and Australia. He has website called MJB SEMINARS on Google and a Facebook page called "Mitch and Mills". If you check them out you can see how people adulate him like a guru. I have family members brainwashed by this group and nobody can warn them or dissuade them from spending hundreds of dollars per seminar for "self improvement" seminars that they are pressured to take and also pressured to drag others into. Because I have researched the effect of L.G.A.T.S.and found that normal healthy people have consequently had mental breakdowns after attending such programs, I have warned members of my family to avoid attending invitations to free "Information nights" or to "Graduation evenings" or 48hr Seminars that will "change their whole life" at MJB Seminars. I also cannot find any formal qualifications for Psychology, Psychiatry, Science, Counselling, or Education listed for Mitchel J Behan on his website or Facebook page, yet he is supposedly teaching on Quantum Physics and Quantum Mechanics and taking people through intense Psychological experiences that mess with their psyche.. My normally loving family member has become verbally aggressive to me, enraged and abusive, sending me phone calls and emails that abuse me and denigrate me, as well as trying to convince me that I am dysfunctional, unbalanced, faulty, etc etc. The obsessive defence of their new found ideology is frightening. This is not the same person that they were before attending the training seminars. They are totally brainwashed that this MItchel J Behan is telling the truth, is wonderful, is a superior person, and through his training they are superior. They are angry because of my warning other family members. This has reduced the number of people they can now con into attending seminars and paying out money for brainwashing weekends. They are furious that I dared to challenge their beliefs and question the validity of what they are learning. Does anyone have any information on the background of this Michael J Behan? I found a 2002 post on Teknoscope Forums that mentioned MJB Seminars in Perth West Australia in 2002 and the person said that Mitch J Behan has property in other countries? I know he travels to India and other such places as a relative (Behan) of his runs a travel business and a lot of followers go on overseas trips with him. Any information about this mans background would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou.

1042 view s 0 repl ies

Re: MITCHEL J BEHAN-MJB SEMINARS AUSTRALIA Oct 2 2011, 9:45pm

I recall when I was young, my mother mentioning the word "Neurotic", when describing other people's (professional perhaps) opinion of her. Many years later, I learned what it meant. Excerpt - Wikipedia: NEUROTICISM Neuroticism is a fundamental personality trait in the study of psychology. It is an enduring tendency to experience negative emotional states. Individuals who score high on neuroticism are more likely than the average to experience such feelings as anxiety, anger, guilt, and depressed mood.[1] They respond more poorly to environmental stress, and are more likely to interpret ordinary situations as threatening, and minor frustrations as hopelessly difficult. They are often self-conscious and shy, and they may have trouble controlling urges and delaying gratification. Neuroticism is associated with low emotional intelligence, which involves emotional regulation, motivation, and interpersonal skills.[2] It is also a risk factor for "internalizing" mental disorders such as phobia, depression, panic disorder, and other anxiety disorders (traditionally called neuroses).[3][4][5] ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ Having the opportunity to spend around the first 15 years of my life with my mother, and in somewhat regular contact over the last 23, I have been able to look back to observe not only my path, but that of my mothers. Firstly for myself, I came out of my childhood with the strong compulsion to have a relationship & children - that was it. In my subconscious mind, I was trying to fix what I had felt was broken from my childhood. The reasons why I felt this way are another novel of their own. Needless to say, it wasn't important who I found as a partner, or the quality of our emotional stability or relationship experience/skills. What was important was that I recreated a microfamily to try & fix what I percieved was broken, In this I could experience the role as father of my child, and partner to the child's mother. This was important to me, as my perceptions of these roles was lopsided. My mother had blamed my father (and subsequent stepfathers) for all her woes, including marriage breakups, financial loss, etc etc. When she wasn't blaming them, it was the devil, or satan, that was tricking her in to marrying them in the first place. I guess in my mind I was trying to prove the role of a father/husband/partner to myself - see if I was different to what I had been told all my life my father was. If I succeeded in my goal, then all was not lost. The method I used to repair my fathers wrongdoing was to be all the things that my mother told me she wished my father(s) had been. Self sacrificing, enduring, persistent, and most importantly - never abandon a woman pregnant with my child. I really was set for the fall. The compulsion to willingly pursue this direction was overwhelming. If something was wrong in the relationship, it was my fault, and only I could fix it. It was not important in any way what my partner was like, because as the father/male partner I was the guilty/faulty one. Two relationships later, I started to question my perceptions. If what I was doing wasn't working, is it possible that the methods I was using were flawed? Besides - Why does my mother repeat the same cycles in her life? do I really want to be a male version of my mother? Natural progression lead me to question established beliefs that I had collected from my youth. After all, insanity is repeating the same experiment & expecting a different result. I realised that there was no way I could expect any more from someone else than I was prepared to give or be, so I decided to work on myself. To do this I needed to be as objective as possible. Like in the movie as the saying goes - "Build it & they will come" - no one will come & help me buid "it", they will only come once it is "built". How can I expect a mature, beautiful, honest, loyal, openly loving partner to even look at me unless I presented the same in return??? I have invested five years into myself, on a journey of reflection, education & understanding. One of my younger brothers has observed this & has followed in his own way. As he has lost his father to cancer (and the fact that he never knew his father), I have seen my brother time and time again share what he has learned about relationships and himself with our mother, his only parent. He has purchased thousands of dollars of courses & materials for her to attend/read/watch/listen to in order for her to reach a greater understanding of who she is, how great she is, and how much better her life could be, but he has seen that he might as well be throwing pearls before swine. This distresses him, as he loves her & wishes she could experience a better quality of life. My brother has come from adversity, like myself, but his own kind. When we have had the opportunity to look back on our childhood, we don't see the devil or satan as the bringer of our woes. I see our mothers choices as the pivotal catalyst for our experiences. My mother has married & divorced five times, has birthed seven boys over 20+ years (oldest is 39, youngest is 18). These seven boys had the fortune to repeatedly experienced either/and physical, psychological, sexual and emotional abuse, neglect & torture. You might think that as time went on, this would diminish when a person realises what their children have experienced, but in fact, the oldest of the seven experienced the least of this. The common denominator in this was not satan or the devil, it was our mother figure, the greatest icon/person looked upon for protecting children. A lot of the time, my mother was the actual perpetrator of most of these experiences. Now I have had the opportunity to experience life. I have travelled, loved, lost, learnt. I now have a very beautiful wife & two gorgeous, lovely daughters, they love me dearly, and I love them the same. I have a successful business, a great home, quality friends etc. My brother who followed has had similar advances in his own life. Like my brother, I too have encouraged our mother into a greater level of understanding about relationships & the dynamics surroundng them. This has been to no great effect. The responses have lead me to accept that my mother is not only reluctant to give up her delusions, she clutches to them feverishly, as they give her a sense of identity. Besides - she knows better than anyone about psychology, religion, parenting, marriage, finance. You only have to talk with her to realise this. I expect it is due to her vast experience in the categories. The result is that when challenged about her long held views on her own abuse when she was younger, she feels threatened by the fact that the experience can actually be seen as a positive (just as much as she sees it's negative), the evidence of which is shown in her life. Of course the pain & hurt has not diminished from these early eperiences from any effective therapy or treatment, divine or otherwise, as it is just below the surface. The very thought of challenging her belief is evident in these very postings that you have all had the opportunity to read here, and in other posts on the web (no, her real name is not Rozzanne or Roxane, or Zoe Zoe, but it is the same person). In fact the evidence of her lopsided perceptions is in the life experiences of those who depended upon her while infants & young children. Is it not true that what we fail to resolve within ourselves, our children are destined to live out? "By their fruit you shall know them." My mother is the eternal victim. It always happened to "her". I have offered to my mother to come to one of the info sessions for MJB, so she could actually have the opportunity to create an objective first hand opinion of what myself & my brother have found very useful in our own lives. She has refused to do this, and has warned us off "exposing" any more of my brothers to MJB Seminars. I have pointed out to her that the somewhat violent attention she has given to the MJB Seminars is what some businesses employ as "negative press" and actually works to promote the industry/business/products. Anyone who actually knows my mother well enough, does not give a lot of weight to her exaggerations & rantings. It is always everyone else's fault in her mind. It is very easy however to portray a poor devoted mother, concerned about the evil destroying her family by way of this new age cult of MJB Seminars, when you are anonymous. When you make up different personalities in order to add weight to your rantings, it reveals more about yourself than you really would like to expose. Needless to say, apart from two phone conversations, my mother never attempted to find out any more about MJB from me. Here I am, her son, who she has known all my life, where she can see the vast improvement I have made in the last 5 years, and she will not discuss it with me - probably because as much as she knows me, I also know her. She is unable to create fanciful happenings or decieve me into a false reality, like she can in a place like this. I have by chance actually met the lady who recently posted the comments above. She told me that she researched the MJB Seminars after she found out about them from a friend, only to find these rantings. She chose to do the first course regardless, and was so amazed at the revelations & self understanding she gained, that she posted her response. Once she finished telling me her story, I revealed that it was my actual mother who made the negative posts. The response that she has received here reveals that instead of an objective, logical community, you would rather accuse her of "advertising" for MJB - that somehow she is perhaps staff of MJB or other. Needless to say, she is progressing to the next courses. Please feel free to respond to my post, you may accuse me of being whatever you wish. I hope you get your jollies rolling around with the excitement of it all. I may even re-post to add more fuel to the fire. P.S. my mother now has cancer, and has been given 5 years perhaps of this existence. Be careful what you wish for - as a devout victim all her life, she now has the perfect, card carrying infliction to prove it! If you love being the victim, it may very well love you back in a way you don't want it to. Keep up the good work! Best regards, Excellent99

Date: October 07, 2011 11:31AM

Further to the above posting.
I have been in contact with ex MJB people who have communicated with me due to my enquiries, and their experiences have confirmed all of the claims of the first ex MJB person who contacted me on Virtual Gumshoe.
There has been confirmation that an MJB person acting as a "Counsellor" who claims to have 15 years experience as a "Counsellor" has told two young women to "Lose themselves in sex" encouraging them to be promiscuous, as this "Counsellor" claims "It is what the Universe wants for you".
Both women have been damaged by their MJB experiences.
One young woman was so emotionally distressed by always being admonished and constantly told that all she thought and did was "wrong" because it was not conforming to MJB teachings, that she was having emotional meltdowns at her place of employment and her superior had to take her aside at work and find out what was wrong.
The normally cheerful and confident young woman was breaking down crying and unable to focus at work.
That young woman explained that she was so afraid of the criticisms and pressures she kept receiving from her MJB "mentor" and now felt that nothing she thought or did, was "right".
She had broken her own moral code of monogamy, under pressure from the "Counsellor" that all she needed was a "good (sexual intercourse) to set her right"
This had deeply distressed her because she had followed the "Counsellors" instructins to "lose herself in sex with others" under duress, and deeply regretted it due to the internal conflict with her moral boundaries.
Eventually she left Australia to return to her home country and her family to escape further contact with any MJB influences.
Her disclosures to her work superior, and the drastic destruction of what was previously a cheerful and productive, competant employee, has been related to me firsthand by the staff member who assisted the lass.

Date: October 07, 2011 11:39AM

Further to the above posting.
I have been in contact with ex MJB people who have communicated with me due to my enquiries, and their experiences have confirmed all of the claims of the first ex MJB person who contacted me on Virtual Gumshoe.
There has been confirmation that an MJB person acting as a "Counsellor" who claims to have 15 years experience as a "Counsellor" has told two young women to "Lose themselves in sex" encouraging them to be promiscuous, as this "Counsellor" claims "It is what the Universe wants for you".
Both women have been damaged by their MJB experiences.
One young woman was so emotionally distressed by always being admonished and constantly told that all she thought and did was "wrong" because it was not conforming to MJB teachings, that she was having emotional meltdowns at her place of employment and her superior had to take her aside at work and find out what was wrong.
The normally cheerful and confident young woman was breaking down crying and unable to focus at work.
That young woman explained that she was so afraid of the criticisms and pressures she kept receiving from her MJB "mentor" and now felt that nothing she thought or did, was "right".
She had broken her own moral code of monogamy, under pressure from the "Counsellor" that all she needed was a "good (sexual intercourse) to set her right"
This had deeply distressed her because she had followed the "Counsellors" instructions to "lose herself in sex with others" under duress, and deeply regretted it due to the internal conflict with her moral boundaries.
Eventually she left Australia to return to her home country and her family to escape further contact with any MJB influences.
Her disclosures to her work superior, and the drastic destruction of what was previously a cheerful and productive, competant employee, has been related to me firsthand by the staff member who assisted the lass.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.