Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
I'm a "victim"
Posted by: ULTAWARE ()
Date: January 16, 2005 01:00PM

Lovinglife,

Please give me your view on why you needed an "outside source" )other than your own critical thinking abiliities) to achieve what you say you did..

I am not asking in order to judge, rather i am asking to learn...

THaNX...

PAX

Options: ReplyQuote
I'm a "victim"
Posted by: dutch ()
Date: January 20, 2005 12:34AM

loving life,

thanks for your reply. Werner Erhard would be very proud of your response. Classic Landmark smoke and mirrors. According to your way of thinking, the troubles I’ve endured are entirely “my” doing. Landmark has no responsibility whatsoever. That’s a crock of s—t!

As far as brainwashing goes, there is no question in my mind that I was brainwashed. I was focused on one thing: REGISTRATION. I followed the LE doctrine literally because that was the best way to continue my transformation. I didn’t snap out of it until a good friend of mine point blank accused me of being brainwashed after a home introduction at my place. I had been hammering away at she and her husband for months. Finally they came to an intro and said no. I kept pushing and she snapped. We had planned a ski vacation for two weeks after that intro and she didn’t want me to come because of my state of mind. We ended up going on the holiday and I eventually backed off. (I even had coaching calls while I was on a freaking ski holiday!! Puke!!)

You might be thinking: yeah, OK, but I’ve never gotten that bad. I just do the courses, take what’s good and go back to my “extraordinary life”. That may be, but I highly doubt it. If you were in TMLP then you’ve been forced to register plenty of CAP and CPPers. And if you’ve ever pushed a possible registree, going against your own best instincts when trying to meet the LE numbers to avoid being publicly humiliated by your “coach”, then you just might be brainwashed too.

Check out Singer and Lofton’s work. They’ve both studied the subject in detail and, in my opinion, much of it applies to LE. For example:

culture of confession: (sharing)

loaded language: (rackets, clearing, possibility, strong suits, I am the stand… etc, etc.)

time control: (15 hour days, assisting agreements, weekends away for TMLP etc.)

milieu control: (sitting in those chairs, with that lighting, in that center);

demand for purity: (the strive for authenticity)

That ‘s not all the elements but it sure is a good chunk. As someone said on this site sometime ago, “if it walks like a duck, if it squawks like a duck, it probably ain’t a f-----g chicken!”

So yes, I will call you brainwashed and a victim.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.