Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: 'Healthy' LGATS?
Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: November 25, 2007 05:02AM

Returning to my former quest of knowledge is helping me overcome my LGAT experience. However, I approach things cautiously with my guard up. There are very specific knoweldge sets I'm going after. But in doing so I evaluate who is putting on the seminar, lecture, or class. I look for associations with LGAT's and the like and make a decision to attend, but still approach with caution. Once in there my guard is up, and I focus specifically on obtaining the facts and knowledge I'm looking for.

Yes, I do run across refernces to gurus such as Tony Robbins and his ilk. But I disect what is going on, take what is relevant, test it, and then throw out what I consider garbage. The kind of classes and seminars I have started reattending are related to my career and investing, (the two main areas are Sales and Real Estate), both of which are fertile ground for LGAT's and Shister's. Which is what landed me in Landmark Education in the first place.

When it comes to working with Counselor's and getting myself back together I first research them and look at their credentials. Then I narrow them down. Then I actually Interview the person to see if they have been involved with Landmark or if they've heard of them. If they aren't a Lekkie that's definately a good thing. In fact one of my counselors has heard of Landmark and EST and is totally aware of the dangers.

What I am also doing is arming myself with knowledge on how brainwashing and mind control techniques work. Knowledge I didn't have before. This is helping me to protect myself from getting taken again. I encourage everyone to brush up on this stuff and put the knowledge in their tool box of Street Smarts. Then go back out there and enjoy learning again.

Don't let your fear of LGAT's prevent you from growing intellectually, spiritually, socially, etc. If you do your just letting them continue to exert power and influence over you in a bad way. If you're a bit nervous I reccommend starting with something small and inocuous. Go to a seminar or class about a hobby or something your interested in. In my case it would be something like "Trouble shooting OBDII service codes on cars" or "Pairing Argentinian table wines with Chicken and Beef". Pretty inocuous topics and classes as a whole. Start small and work you way up. Or you can dive in like I did and get back in Sales and Real Estate classes. But if you do dive in like I did, arm yourself with knowlege and keep your mental blade sharp because you will need it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: November 25, 2007 07:43PM

skeptic
ON2 LF - great post. I relate 1000%. It wasn't Landmark that fucked me up (both directly and indirectly through my sister), it was another lgat. But they're all the same, in their tactics and their destructiveness. I like how you write. After six sickening, regressive years in the lgat my mind is a mess. I feel largely unable to express my thoughts anymore and I appreciate reading from those who can, such as yourself. I've been trying to regain my ability (partly by writing here for a couple years) but it ain't happening. Have also attempted some therapy but therapy also ain't happening, and DISTRUST accounts for that.

One thing I'm not totally unhappy about is that I've become cautious, skeptical and informed. I don't think that's a bad thing. Innocence and naivete have been lost but some wisdom has been gained. I am glad that I now know what I once did not: there are evil people looking to prey on the trusting. I now value and relish my newfound suspiciousness and cynicism.

One thing I remain is DEEPLY OUTRAGED at the betrayal & violation of the lgat. And I too am both shocked & scared when I see what the lgat has done to my sister.

Keep your posts coming. I like how you say it!

I'm glad you relate with my versions of my experience. It seems strange to be a member here sometimes because I haven't been a head-on victim of a cult, I was just a bystander who got the shrapnel from the one who was the head-on victim.

When I couldn't speak to say what I truly felt and thought about anything and everything, it was because I didn't know of anyone who cared enough to really hear me. Somewhere along my way I forgot that I didn't know anyone to listen and haven't shut up since. I just want not to be driven insane by issues that make me crazy. This is just my opinion, but its hard to speak from the heart freely or honestly when you don't believe that the extent and depth of what you are feeling (usually hurt) will be heard or validated. Know this, any thought or feeling you express here is well said and is validated when it is honest and from the heart. Something else that's my opinion, if a person has honesty they can also speak it, so you do in fact have the ability to speak from the heart and any way you say it is going to be right and good because it is truth.

I don't know if the effects of LGATs ever wears off but as long the fallout continues to scatter itself around us we may as well take the anger they cause in us and aim it at the guilty LGAT. I don't know if I'll ever become less vigilant in my suspicious receptivity but I do know that Landmark will not destroy my life or my identity.

Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: November 26, 2007 01:48AM

I relate to what both of you (ON2 LF and skeptic) are saying. I know exactly what you are feeling. It's great that we have a place to come to and talk about it (this Forum on Rick Ross). I bet what we have all said has kept people from getting hurt by an LGAT. But we may never know how many people we have helped and prevented from becomeing victomized by those organizations.

I am surprised by how much collateral damage these organizations have created. I'm amazed when I talk to you guys on here and findout that even though some of you all weren't directly involved with an LGAT (such as Landmark) that you all are experienceing the exact same side effects as those of us who were involved with one. To me that is scary as hell. It's like the LGAT programming is some sort of virus program that jumps from brain to brain and jacks up people.

I will always be in this fight against LGAT's (Landmark Education specifically). Although, now I'm at the point where I'm trying to keep my hatred of the organization from consuming so much of my time and effort. I want my life back. Everyday is a struggle for me. But with time and effort I will get to where I need to be. It's been a little over a year now since I got introduced to Landmark Education, and it's been a year of living hell. I hope most of the fallout is over. I've lost almost everything at some point and the only thing I haven't lost yet is my job and it's hanging by a mere thread. I'm giving my job everything I've got, but if I loose it I will keep on moving forward. But it will be like a chapter getting closed!

I hope everyone reading this thread reads what were saying here. One thing we're not doing is playing victim here. We're just opening up and being brutally honest to the world about what can happen when you get involved with groups like Landmark Education. We're just the ones talking about it, that's all.

Here's my MySpace if people want to drop by:
[www.myspace.com]

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.