Rapport Leadership International
Posted by: concernedjoe ()
Date: April 05, 2010 08:17AM

Does anyone have any other information, other than what I could find on Google (which was not good) on Rapport Leadership International?
I know someone who just returned from this training (LB1) and seemed brainwashed (aloof, disconected, exhausted) and only
interested in talking to his trainers and recruiting everyone possible. This group is an LGAT like EST or Lifespring. Someone tried to recruit me into
Lifespring in the 1980's but I saw through their deception. I think enrollees are under the impression that this is just a leadership class and are then blindsided. There seems to be no transparency on their website or by this individual.

I confronted this person twice but I don't think I got through. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, can an employer require their employees to go to this training with unethical methods (IMO)?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rapport Leadership International Update
Posted by: concernedjoe ()
Date: April 07, 2010 10:38PM

So here is an update to my first post: After having lunch and talking two days ago with the individual I am concerned about, he seemed mostly his
old self again. As far as I know, he seemed to take my advice and wasn't talking to this group that day. However, he was trying to psycho-analyze me, which he has never done before. However, the next day he handed me literature regarding this leadership training which was very non-descript. The next thing I know he says he will be on a phone conference with these Rapport Leadership people and he invites me to listen. It is just a slick sales pitch with no interaction with the listeners. Lots of quoting certain authors. Nothing is changing my mind so far. When I get home, I show the literature to my wife. It has six paragraphs:

1. Self Awareness 2. Practice / Experience 3. Feedback / Coaching 4. Motivation 5. Anchors 6. Intense Experience

My wife reads it and, now she becomes concerned (she thought I was over-reacting to this) regarding paragraph #5: "Anchors are words, phrases or movements used as a prompt to recall a behavior, an emotion or a past experience. Anchors are used so that after the training participants have quick, easy ways to recall and apply specific leadership competencies."

I just wonder if this group can mention a word and start controlling this person to help them recruit. As we speak, he is driving his first employee to Las Vegas to drop off for this training. Then, two days later, he is going to pick her up and return. He will be missing two days of work, while the work piles up on his desk. Additionally, he has invited me to attend the graduation, which I'm sure will be a sales pitch and no insight on their methods of training.

This sure sounds like some stories I have read on this forum regarding other LGAT's. This individual admitted this is an LGAT, but assures me it is not like the others. The more I observe him, the more I think it is like the others, only more expensive ($2000 for 2.5 days!). I also caught him sending an email to his mother, offering to send her and pay for the class.

Any feedback would be appreciated as to whether I should be concerned about this?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 08, 2010 12:02AM

Here is a good link regarding LGATs.

[www.culteducation.com]

And here is one about coercive persuasion techniques.

[www.culteducation.com]

Posted by: pinkunicorn ()
Date: April 08, 2010 11:52PM

concernedjoe
My wife reads it and, now she becomes concerned (she thought I was over-reacting to this) regarding paragraph #5: "Anchors are words, phrases or movements used as a prompt to recall a behavior, an emotion or a past experience. Anchors are used so that after the training participants have quick, easy ways to recall and apply specific leadership competencies."

I just wonder if this group can mention a word and start controlling this person to help them recruit.

Another appropriate word for this is "triggers".

It seems to me like these LGATs use mind control techniques to delve into the insecurities of an individual under the insidious guise of helping them, because it is these things that are marked as holding them back from reaching their nebulous "potential", and then elicit them via the "triggers" to manipulate and control them if the need ever arises. It's an even more nefarious way of indirectly invoking guilt that I'm sure most people have dealt with in their lives whenever they did something in opposition to what someone else desired, and that someone brings up a past event to manipulate them, even when it has no relevance to the current situation at hand.

In this sense, those who are leaders of such groups who use these type of mechanisms are absolutely evil people, duplicitous wolves in sheep's clothing. A quote I find relevant in such a situation is the following: "I have more respect for a man who lets me know where he stands, even if he's wrong, than the one who comes up like an angel and is nothing but a devil."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.