Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
An inside/backside view into LEC
Posted by: ULTAWARE ()
Date: December 28, 2004 12:40PM

In the "Windy City" there is more than one "LEC-effect" storm.I begin today to take the first step report of what has taken place in my life over the past 4.5 years regarding my spouse and connection with LEC. Having seen it 1st-hand and the progression day-to-day over many months was, well the worst thing that I have ever been through. Nothing, absolutely nothing could be worse than watching what was happening to my spouse but being helpless unknowing what to do and seeing how "powerful" this crap is!

I saw in person (without being "zonked") what really takes place in two of the LEC classes (Forum & Advanced) I refuse to call these classes "education" classes, unless used in the con - man/woman venacular. (Let's "educate" the next victim) Yes, all LEC trajedies are really just that, "victims"...they did no, have not, would not allowed themselves to do this...IT WAS "DONE" TO THEM.. ("Oh, I can't tell you what it's about, you have to experience it" ) Sound familiar or how about "If you refuse to do the Forum, it means that you do not trust me."
or "You are stuck...you need to do the Forum!"
If I asked my spouse a question like: "Have you tried to check out htis organization on the net or with other people? " - Instantly swearing would begin, neck veins would swell and an physically out-of-control human being would appear screaming..... sound familiar to anyone?

This is all for now....it has been a long, painful, soul-wrenching journey....but I feel that know, others need to hear what I & family have gone through, in order to help others not have to face something similar...

PRW

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Samuel ()
Date: December 29, 2004 01:04PM

I can relate. I'm going through the problems with my spouse and PSI and PSI 7. What a nightware!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: lovinglife ()
Date: January 04, 2005 02:27AM

Why do you refer to your husband/wife as "spouse" ?

Also. I'm sorry you see your spouse as a victim, and all those other people. I actually did the Landmark Forum at about the same time as your "spouse", and I took on applying it to my life. Why not, much of it was a practical way of implementing things that I found in books, but could never put into practice.

So are you and your spouse still together? Sounds like a miserable way to spend 4.5 years!

Posted by: Savernake ()
Date: January 11, 2005 01:11AM

lovinglife
Why do you refer to your husband/wife as "spouse" ?

Just out of curiosity, what's wrong with the word "spouse"?

Posted by: Lucretia ()
Date: January 11, 2005 06:37AM

PRW,
Sorry to hear about your difficult journey. I was in a different group than the ones you mentioned for 5 years. My marraige was over within the first year then my home was sold, then my practice closed.I almost even gave up custody of my 3 children (thank God I drew the line somewhere) All within the first two years. I think I broke some kind of record. I don't think my ex has a clue I was in a cult to this day. So it's interesting to me to see the journey from the other side. Good Luck!

Date: January 11, 2005 08:26AM

lovinglife,

I also FEEL that I need to ask you whay th e semantic word used is more important than the meaning of what I said?....is it due to any type of "educational" training that you might have had in the Windy - city?

Who was your Forum leader when you attended?

P. A. X.

Posted by: speranza ()
Date: January 11, 2005 01:00PM

I say hooray for internet anonymity!

Posted by: Delphina_9 ()
Date: January 11, 2005 11:04PM

Lucretia and I apparently had similar experiences with life changes, or as it was called by group members... choices of change. I was warned in the beginning however that these immense changes would likely occur in my life. That my relationships may change, I would choose different ways of being with friends, and interests would change as well. So when these changes happened... I knew I was on the right track!
I am not saying that all changes are bad, certainly we must change to grow and learn.. I am saying that some of my choices would have been different had my mind not been being manipulated to adhere to group norms, instead of what was best for me. The manipulation was so subtle, so masterful that I still can't always put my finger on it. I just am aware of things I may not have done if I had not been in the group, and all of these things tended to benefit my ability to pay to be with the group.
I am coming to the conclusion that any group I have to pay to be in... isn't really one I want to be in anyway.

Date: January 12, 2005 09:54AM

Lucretia,

Thank you for you coments.

It must have been very difficult for you also...

I'm glad to hear that you are now on the "return flight" :)

IMO, I find it interesting that people "engulfed" by a cult-technique group seem to appear all the same to outsiders (those of us) but not to themselves or the other "members, students, etc"

But it really seems rampant in USA society & now other "westernized (consumer-ized) areas....

P.A.X.

Posted by: Lucretia ()
Date: January 13, 2005 09:09AM

ultaware,
It's been quite a process and I have a ways to go. Educating myself about how this could have happened to me has been extremely helpful. If your interested one of the books I've read that has been useful is The Manipulated Mind: Brainwashing,Conditioning and Indoctrination By: Denise Winn Good Luck

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.