Tony Robbins of Australia - Kurek Ashley
Posted by: shimon ()
Date: March 18, 2010 11:51AM

i do not know much about tony robbins except that he is a motivator. here is a protege, another peak performance person in the same line as Tony is. i think he even was a student or somehow connected with tony. they all like to do similar things, as tony does, did imo. especially the firewalk. I watched a 3 minute clip of kurek doing and leading a firewalk. i never saw a firewalk before, heard about it, but never saw it. it was crazy to me, all the people hyped up and being led to walk on the fire. i just do not get this, and can't people get hurt, burnt from this? it seemed so bizarre to me and amazing that so many people wanted to participate in that sort of thing.

he has a book "HOw would love respond" which I am thinking of reading. It got good reviews on amazon, all the highest marks, but i am trying to be careful not to follow someone if he is suspicious. i know tony robbins is considered bad on this forum so i am trying to be careful here, but do not know about this guy. are they all the same, or can there be a good, honest, man of love and integrity in this field, in this motivational field or are they all just out for our bucks. and i am trying to turn my life around, i am trying to find the right success, motivational book out there to help me. from reading about him, he helped some volleyball team win some gold. and he has the world record for the longest firewalk. so he seems pretty impressive to me.

he has a website and a book. anybody more knowledgeable than me, can you check it out and let me know what you think of him and what he is offering and if it is the same as tony robbins, or different. and if you think he might be a legitimate peak performance leader.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tony Robbins of Australia - Kurek Ashley
Posted by: ExLand ()
Date: March 18, 2010 11:58PM

Hi Shimon,

I have had a quick look at his website. Speaking from my experience with an LGAT (Landmark Education), I see a lot of similar phrases and claims. The most obvious farce which is evident from the website is that he claims to give people freedom to create the life of their dreams etc but then offers monthly "Coaching"- therefore how free do you become really? The most obvious difference is that his seminars are not as long as other LGAT's but that may be the way things start off, and maybe they progress to longer session's. The most obvious comparison between Kurek and all other LGAT's is the word "TRANSFORM". Another way of investigating him further would be to ask through his website "contact us" section if there is any kind of legal disclaimer you have to sign before attending his workshops. If there is, ask for a copy and check if there is any mention of people having suffered mental problems after his seminars.

I'm not sure about how dangerous reading a book can be... I was reading Eckhardt Tolle in the weeks leading up to my LGAT experience and I had some weird things happen in my mind... I have also read, somewhere on this site if I remember correctly, about someone suffering from psychosis after reading Eckhardt Tolle's drivel.

If you believe you need guidance in some area of your life I can suggest that you rather try to see a qualified psychologist to address your concerns. I say qualified because you need to see a clinical psychologist, not a counselor or psychologist. There is quite a big difference with regards to the level of education and skill. If you are having spiritual problems you can look for a pastoral counselor.

Stay safe.

Exland

Date: March 19, 2010 02:02AM

I found this in a article on his site. it looks like every teacher has a story, as anticult has taught me. heres his brief story:

In 1990, he survived a helicopter crash on the set of the Chuck Norris film Delta Force 2: Operation Stranglehold. Five other crew members were killed. In the redemption story he tells his audiences, he spent the next two and a half years suicidally depressed, "a gun to my mouth every night, I pumped drugs up my nose, I smoked too much and got drunk every day".

Then he started looking for answers, and found them in the motivation work of Anthony Robbins — visualisation, positive energy, and yes, walking on hot coals. The firewalking is the most controversial element of Ashley's teaching. He says firewalking is about tapping into "dormant resources" and elevating "the frequency of your energy to that of the fire — fire can't burn fire".

However, all the scientific studies of walking on hot coals suggest that firewalking is possible because wood and coal are poor heat conductors — a coal can glow bright red below, but those walking quickly across the ashy surface of a properly raked and prepared pit will feel no more sting than on a very hot beach.

"That's not true," insists Ashley. "Natalie and I have done the Tibetan firewalk, where there are flames coming through the coals. It's hot. There's no trick." So you could walk across a hot grill? Absolutely, he says, "but you need to have a purpose for doing so."

and here is a mention of tony robbins connection:

Kurek Ashley, an Anthony Robbins-trained success coach who claims the record for the world's longest firewalk.

and tony endorses ashley:

“Kurek you are the truly the embodiment of the word Outstanding!”

i am going to look for his book tonight at the bookstore. i do not know if they will have it in, it can all be hype on his part that it is popular but i will take a look for it. it does sound interesting and could possibly help me achieve some of my dreams and goals.

i am staying open, hoping that there really is a good, peak performance teacher out there who is not just in it for the money and greed and is a charlatan, just copying others, but one who really lives it and believes in it and is a good, decent, moral person who really cares about others and helps to try to get them to live a better life.

i dont think reading his book or tony robbins book can be too dangerous, i hope. and for his website, i dont think it is as good as it could be. i was surprised it wasnt more professionally done.

Posted by: Christa ()
Date: March 19, 2010 04:24AM

shimon
Then he started looking for answers, and found them in the motivation work of Anthony Robbins — visualisation, positive energy, and yes, walking on hot coals. The firewalking is the most controversial element of Ashley's teaching. He says firewalking is about tapping into "dormant resources" and elevating "the frequency of your energy to that of the fire — fire can't burn fire".

However, all the scientific studies of walking on hot coals suggest that firewalking is possible because wood and coal are poor heat conductors — a coal can glow bright red below, but those walking quickly across the ashy surface of a properly raked and prepared pit will feel no more sting than on a very hot beach.

"That's not true," insists Ashley. "Natalie and I have done the Tibetan firewalk, where there are flames coming through the coals. It's hot. There's no trick." So you could walk across a hot grill? Absolutely, he says, "but you need to have a purpose for doing so."

Kurek Ashley, an Anthony Robbins-trained success coach who claims the record for the world's longest firewalk.

When science conflicts with the claims of some Tony Robbins trained ex-stuntman, believe the science.

Here is a link to Michael Shermer's YouTube video, in which he and many other people walk across coals heated to 1000 degrees. A physicist in the video explains all the science.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: March 19, 2010 01:56PM

Thank you two for the replies. i will watch the firewalk video with michael shermer.

i went to the bookstore tonight and looked for kureks book but they didnt have it, like i figured. they had several tony robbins books though. i browsed through it and disgustingly put it back. to him rapport and other nlp techniques, etc is considered success.not in my book. i do not like how he goes about producing success. not for me.

i did see the usual Secret books, james ray, several by mike dooley who is in the secret, never read him but he has many books out now, a whole slew of law of attraction books including the latest by the Hicks. these money hungary, greedy authors keep on producing more and more of these books.

one last thing regarding the firewalk. i know someone or used to that is, who told me he participated in one and got his feet burned really badly. he said the person in front of him stopped or didnt get off quick enough and he stopped on the coals and then he got burnt. i believe him, and even though the shermer video might prove how they do it, you still can get burned if you dont move quick enough or something. anyways, i think it is best for me to stay away from a tony robbins protege, even if his book has love in it.

Re: Tony Robbins of Australia - Kurek Ashley, a dangerous fraud
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: March 19, 2010 10:36PM

This guy is another James Arthur Ray in the making, another clone of Tony Robbins. He's done what James Ray did, just copied others stuff, to try to get rich quick.
Kurek Ashley is a fraud, and a dangerous one.
Proof? His own words below. Anyone who says that is asking for serious trouble. Why doesn't Kurek Ashley walk across HOT GRILL on live TV? Let him do it, and he will be in the emergency ward, of course.
And even on a "firewalk" over coal embers, people get burned all the time, and get badly burned.
Proof? find the disclaimer that Kurek Ashley makes people sign before they do it, which will itemize how people get burnt.

When Kurek Ashley says to elevate "the frequency of your energy to that of the fire — fire can't burn fire".
That is psychotic.
That is what James Ray tried to do, and people died and were injured with permanent organ damage. [forum.culteducation.com]

Here's a test. Let this conartist Kurek Ashley elevate his frequency and test it in a real fire. Of course, he will be burned and possibly killed.

Why does he use the word "Love" in his book title? To TARGET the audience of vulnerable people who crave love and acceptance.
This guy is literally another James Ray in the making.

_______QUOTE:_____________
"He says firewalking is about tapping into "dormant resources" and elevating "the frequency of your energy to that of the fire — fire can't burn fire".

Re: Tony Robbins of Australia - Kurek Ashley, a dangerous fraud
Date: March 19, 2010 10:53PM

As usual, thank you anticult for your great, informative post. i am staying away from kurek and tony robbins james ray, and the like. they are too dangerous for me. they might even kill me if not have me get hurt or burned.

its like you have been saying all along. they, the gurus, the teachers do not get hurt, but many of their participants do. it is a very dangerous game this lgat business. you really can get hurt, it is serious, not a joke. they push people too far, and some of their ideas, positive thinking, can steer you way off instead of help you. it is not real.

it reminds me of professional wrestling. just like that is all entertainment really, and is so fake, this lgat business, this self improvement business is all fake and entertainment and to get you to buy it, to believe it, to believe in it, but it just aint true, is all smokes and mirrors. and the leader or guru is the only one making the big bucks or improving his life, lifestyle, etc the only other ones making money are the ones who copy the guru, the leader and become one themself and cash in on this lucrative, but fake business. it just doesnt seem real to me anymore. iam saddened by this whole revelation. i really thought there was some good, genunine, caring, moral leaders in this field out there, but idont think so now. they have to prove it to me, and so far i havent seen it.

even people like wayne dyer, he has been exposed, louise hay, she has been exposed on here, all of the hay house authors, etc. find one who really is not in it for their own selfish greed and money and self interests. god knows eckhart tolle and byron katie have been exposed. even if millions of soccer moms and oprah fans love these two, it doesnt change the fact of tolle charging extra money for sitting closer to him and all that nonsense and katie hurting and ripping people off. they have their stories, their enlightenment stories, and how they are always happy etc, but it is all a myth, they are human like us and are greedy, want money, money, money.

Date: March 20, 2010 11:38AM

Christa
shimon

When science conflicts with the claims of some Tony Robbins trained ex-stuntman, believe the science.

Here is a link to Michael Shermer's YouTube video, in which he and many other people walk across coals heated to 1000 degrees. A physicist in the video explains all the science.

[www.youtube.com]

i watched the video and thought it was great. i loved the physicist in it and his explanation for it. it explains it perfectly. it is funny to see the self improvement guy try to explain how it is mind over matter. he wants to stay in business i guess. i see no point in doing a firewalk ever and think it is dangerous, playing with getting people to believe they can influence matter with their mind and not get hurt. they also encourage, if you can do this, you can do anything. i think there is a lot more harm in this kind of teaching than good. those who offer this are playing dangerous games in my opinion. it is one thing to just teach principles, positive thoughts, but another when you start doing these physical tests, exercises where people can get hurt or killed. i believe the science over the self improvement people.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.