Help, my wife just returned from PSI 7
Posted by: Samuel ()
Date: November 14, 2006 09:45AM

I can relate to this late post.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Robert-Paul ()
Date: December 02, 2006 11:09AM

I read all the posts and can't believe that my life was mirrored in what some have written. I too wished I had known what PSI was about before my wife took the 'seminars.'

Posted by: Jeri442 ()
Date: January 05, 2007 11:46AM

Steve,

I am so sorry about the problems with your daughters. I was lucky I didn't have any children with my first husband, but I truely believe that if I had I would have left them because of my involvement with my group. How sad is that?

Posted by: Steve989 ()
Date: January 09, 2007 10:05AM

I found this on another site and thought if anyone was interested.

Your Help is Needed!
The highly respected talk show, The Montel Willams Show, is looking for 2nd generation ex-cult members to do a show on educating the public of the dangers and damage caused by these groups and the struggles of recovery after leaving.

If you were born into a destructive non-secular high control group or brought there as a child, they would like for you to help.

If you are interested, please call 212-830-0316 as soon as possible. The taping will be very soon and all expenses are paid.

IMHO
Factnet

The Montel Williams Show

Posted by: Steve989 ()
Date: May 08, 2007 09:40AM

I heard that channel 3 in Phoenix is broadcasting a news story on "the Secret." Does anyone know if PSI is going to be mentioned?

Posted by: Nason.x ()
Date: May 15, 2007 07:56AM

I hope I did this right.

The person who left for this seminar (and I use that term loosely) is not the same one that returned. I even saw her journal, the one she was required to keep while at the ranch. She wrote that during “the sharing” she had 35 men stare into her eyes and tell her that they wanted to have an intimate relationship with her and she described what a boost to her ego this had been. When I told her about finding the journal she accused me of snooping though her things and immediately locked up the journal and a large leather bound book with the PSI seal on the cover. When I asked her why she was locking it up she told me that she was afraid I would destroy them."

My wife just returned from PSI7 about a month ago and is a different person. The change in her attitude is down right rude. She came home with this new attitude like nothing is good enough anymore. Nothing I do or say is right. It’s like living with a stranger. Even the kids are asking me what is wrong with her.

She came home with an emotional “high” showing everyone pictures from the ranch of her climbing phone poles, going over a wall and standing on the edge of a cliff. I looked at the pictures and made the mistake of telling her she paid three thousand dollars for this? She stormed off yelling that I was being negative and I’ve never supported her. She has this bible referred to above. I read some of it and don't understand how it helps with her life. But she protects this book like it her most prized possession.

I am afraid I am going to lose my wife.

Please post single message to one thread only. No need to start another thread. Also, it looked as though you were quoting someone else so I've removed the quote brackets. And welcome, by the way. --Moderator[/color:a570bd17c4]

Posted by: patrick-darcy ()
Date: May 16, 2007 09:01AM

before u can even think of getting your wife back
u need to get yourself back.

that would be a good beginning.

it wont be easy but it is doable.

Posted by: Robert-Paul ()
Date: May 17, 2007 07:49AM

Nason.x,

Your post brought back that memory with my wife. She also showed me the photographs of her going over walls, standing on the pole and the edge of a cliff. She was very upset when I didn't have a reaction to her doing these things. I thought she was alittle too old and could have easily been hurt. I never understood the trust she put in these people when they were holding the ropes while she was in that harness.

Hope things are well with you. I wish you luck and prayers with the wife.

Posted by: Jeri442 ()
Date: May 17, 2007 11:57AM

I remember those times too. The wall, pole and the ledge. I remember carrying the photos around and showing my family and friends. I remember being disappointed when people was less the enthused with the "new me."

Posted by: Ghost Dancer ()
Date: June 02, 2007 09:18PM

Samuel, If you are getting this. I read your post from May 12, 2006 and this is what happened to my wife just last night. I copied the post I sent into PSI Legal Action. I thought you would be interested. I hope things are good for you.

Man, what a night!!!! I couldn’t believe the timing of this, nor would I have ever thought something like this would happen. My wife came home last night from one of her “coffee” meeting a little upset. It seems her “group” had chastised her for being a couple of minutes late. When she got home she received a call from one of her “new buddies” and they talked about the situation from their meeting in whispered voices. She almost started crying and said she was sorry she was late, but no one accepted the excuse that traffic was terrible. I even heard her say she “was out of integrity.” When she got off the phone she was somewhat tight lipped about what had happen and would only give me one word answers. I swear I wanted to explode. That was until she sat down to watch TV with my oldest daughter and me.

Now, I couldn’t have timed this better if I had planned it myself because we were watching an episode of Law & Order: Criminal Intent. It just so happens this episode was about a “cult guru” selling seminars, similar to PSI. Well this must have been a wake up call for my wife because she just started crying. I thought she was having a nervous breakdown. I have to tell you I was never more terrified in my life. The thought I had was that I was going to have to take her to a hospital and have her admitted into the psych ward.

I spent all night talking to her and explained what I had found out about these groups. As we were talking she finally told me why she came home in a pissed off mood last night. She said she was chastised by her “PLD” group for being two (yes 2) minutes late for the beginning of her meeting. She also told me that she was scheduled to have the next meeting at our house. Well I don’t think that’s going the happen.

She seems to be more open to the fact that she has been influenced by PSI and her behavior lately has not been normal. I hope this was the wakeup call. I even told her that we should go get counseling with someone who has knowledge with the working of these groups and can explain it better than I can. I feel very much out of my element with this and think it would help. She seemed agreeable last night and I hope it lasts into the weekend.

I can only say this has been a nightmare for me and my family and I wanted to thank everyone who responded with your thoughts and advice. I have to say I am still scared and very much afraid she will slip back into this crap. I guess time will tell.

Current Page: 6 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.