Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Wayne Dyer running 4 hour LGAT on PBS...again...
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: January 02, 2005 07:48AM

in one of Dyer's bios.

[healthtime.northbay.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Toni ()
Date: January 02, 2005 01:56PM

OK, so Dyer is definately a charismatic presenter, and has made a fortune in the process.

Does he use any thought reform methods?

IMHO, I don't see where Dyer really represents a cult. If Dyer conducted true LGATs, they would be controlled and secretive, not broadcast on T.V.

Dyer appears to me to be a charismatic presenter and cheerleader, using standard motiational speak. However, I am not aware of thought stopping techniques, he does not claim to have a unidirectional monopoly on access to 'God' or 'truth'. To my knowledge he does not utilize LGAT environmental control in his presentations, nor hypnotic dissociative meditation techniques. Yes, he uses the word 'intention' a lot, but so do lots of folks these days. I don't see any secret rituals, moving up higher though a controlled organization, nor false promises of salvation if a person works unpaid for Dyer.

There's nothing wrong about making a buck by honestly motivating people. Who cares if he's made a fortune out of pop psychology to make people feel good; if we find him irritating, we can turn off the T.V., we're NOT locked in. Just my opinion.

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: January 02, 2005 11:44PM

Dyer is running an infomercial on PUBLIC TV for his material, which is a mix of new age fluff, and bits and pieces of lots of other literature taken out of context. There is no discussion or debate from other points of view.

If one tries to apply any of his stuff to anything more than the most mundane of situations, they will learn how to behave in really unreasonable ways. There are some good articles, if you google him, that dissect Dyer's "teachings", that are outright hilarious. But what he really says is think positive, keep your mind open to all possibilities, (except being negative), there are no victims, if you're kind, abundance will follow. Basically, what he's teaching, if you read his stuff, is just more blocking techniques.

Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: January 03, 2005 01:48AM

Wow, your point of view on this is utterly amazing to me.
I think you are thinking of Dyer from 25 years ago, and not what Dyer is doing now.

I am not able to take the time to go over everything Dyer is "teaching". But Dyer is running a TYPE of LGAT.
There are many types of these things.
Read the blurb from the TV show at the beginning of this thread, there is a lot of info in that.

Dyer's entire program IS a type of thought reform at this point. That's what it is.
True LGAT's are done in secret? Since when?
Tony Robbins is the king of the LGAT, and he does it all in the open. A Tony Robbins infomercial is advertising, mixed with Hypnosis, and even "brainwashing" right out in the open.
Dyer does ALL SORTS of thought stopping techniques. His recent tech is the old canard of "getting into the Gap" between thoughts, and its in this "gap" that you can contact Higher Reality and make your Intentions manifest magically.
He is also droning on and on about getting away from your "Ego" and this leading to "enlightenment" and all the rest. That sort of thinking can lead to real problems for some people.
Its the same type of idea of preaching "Ego-Death" while at the same time telling people you can satiate every desire of your Ego! That is going to make you nuts!
What they are doing is softening up peoples minds, by telling them their "Ego" is evil. What they are really saying is to turn off your critical thinking processes.

Dyer is preaching that HE CAN SHOW YOU THE WAY to God and Truth though his meditation techniques from some Guru he is hooked up with. (He has changed this around a bit, but has been linked with Sai Baba. This is where the secrecy stuff starts).
He uses environmental controls, in the sense of his choice of "exotic" locations, and all the rest.
And he is using types of "hypnotic" meditation techniques. "Hypnosis" is not what most people think it is. It can be done right in the open.

As far as what is going on within his inner circle, who knows what is going on? Is Dyer going to lead people to their deaths? No, that is not what I implied at all.

I have to say, I find your analysis very disturbing.
These LGAT's can be quite subtle, and Dyer is NOT about "motivation" anymore. He is about reaching "enlightenment", and using some magical power of "Intention" that is going to give you everything you want in your life if you can pray at the right moment between the Gap in your Thoughts, and let go of your "Ego".
This is the CLASSIC technique.

My general point is that there are MANY types of these kinds of LGAT's and Guru's. They all aren't like Landmark or Jim Jones.
Some are much more harmful than others.
But I see what Dyer is doing NOW as being quite harmful. Its really just softening up people's minds, so they will buy more stuff, and be more pliable, and lead them where?

Also, Dyer has been linked with Sai Baba, which is a scary thought.
[www.culteducation.com]

What I am saying with this, is that things are not always as they seem. Some things can seem very benign at first glance, but have a lot more going on underneath the surface.
There are many different subtle aspects to these things. They don't all follow an obvious script. And to say that people can just "turn it off" misses the point as well. That is what people say about Landmark, or any group. Just walk away, just say no.
The problem is that vulnerable people are what they are LOOKING for.

Personally, I know much more about Tony Robbins than Dyer, but they are cut from the same cloth. I even heard an interview where Robbins interviewed Dyer, and Dyer actually slammed Robbins SUBTLY in the interview, and then Robbins slammed Dyer in a pre-statement recorded later, by saying that he had heard bad things about Dyer as well.
Dyer is not harmless.
Yes he is very greedy, yes he is a hypocrite, yes he is a smooth-talker who could sell sand in a desert. But he is much more than that now. He is insinuating himself into the very CORE of people's identities, and self-concept. He is able to shift people's entire concept of "reality".

To what end?
Sai Baba?
[www.google.com]

Coz
-------------------
I was going to post some edits from the blurb about the show posted earlier, but the ENTIRE STATEMENT is quite clear in some of what Dyer is doing.
---------------------------
As a follow-up to his blockbuster 2001 pledge lecture shows, public television's favorite teacher of transformational wisdom turns his focus to a new definition of the concept of intention. In Dr. Wayne Dyer's newest public television special, Dr. Wayne Dyer: The Power of Intention, he transforms conventional thinking about making things happen in our lives into a profound understanding of how each person possesses the infinite potential and power to co-create the life he or she desires. Based on his new book of the same title, Dr. Dyer takes us from an examination of our usual approach to intention - a self-achievement orientation that is based to a great extent on the ego - to an exploration of intention as seen through his fresh interpretation of scientific and metaphysical thinking. Many great thinkers from an array of disciplines - renowned anthropologist/ spiritualist pioneer Carlos Castaneda, Nobel physicist Max Planck, Albert Einstein and the writings of the Bhagavad Gita, as well as the Bible - speak of a force that intends things into the material world and animates all life. Planck, in his speech accepting the Nobel Prize, called it "the matrix of all matter." Dr. Dyer introduces the audience to these philosophies and, based on these writings, explains that intention is better understood as a field of energy to which every person is connected - and from which every one of us is able to harness its infinite potential. Understanding the qualities of this remarkable field and learning to be in rapport with this universal force is the key, explains Dr. Dyer. The question, we are told, is not whether you are connected to the field of intention, since that connection already exists; the question is how capable are you of keeping your "link" to the field open and ready for what awaits you? "When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change," is one of the foundation blocks of Dr. Dyer's presentation. What better way to understand that powerful statement that to see what the field of intention looks like? To accomplish this, Dr. Dyer takes the audience on a journey through the seven faces of intention, each paired with an empowering statement: Creativity -- I intend to live my life on purpose; Kindness - I intend to be at peace with everyone in my life, including my relatives; Love - I intend to respect myself; Beauty - I intend to live a stress-free life; Expansiveness - I intend to express the genius that I am; Abundance - I intend to feel successful and attract abundance; Receptivity - I intend to attract ideal people and relationships. Throughout the program, Wayne Dyer illustrates his points with signature stories that move the audience to tears - as well as abundant laughter. The program ends with The Dyer Dozen For Connecting to Intention - a recap of 12 key steps to opening the link to the field of intention: want more for others; think from the end; be an appreciator; be in rapport; be aware of resistance; contemplate yourself surrounded by the conditions you wish to produce; practice the art of allowing; practice radical humility; understand that you can't resolve a problem by condemning it; play the match game; meditate. The program was taped in front of an audience of almost 1000 fans at The Emerson Cutler Majestic Theater, a 100 year-old jewel in Boston's historic theater district.

Toni
OK, so Dyer is definately a charismatic presenter, and has made a fortune in the process.

Does he use any thought reform methods?

IMHO, I don't see where Dyer really represents a cult. If Dyer conducted true LGATs, they would be controlled and secretive, not broadcast on T.V.

Dyer appears to me to be a charismatic presenter and cheerleader, using standard motiational speak. However, I am not aware of thought stopping techniques, he does not claim to have a unidirectional monopoly on access to 'God' or 'truth'. To my knowledge he does not utilize LGAT environmental control in his presentations, nor hypnotic dissociative meditation techniques. Yes, he uses the word 'intention' a lot, but so do lots of folks these days. I don't see any secret rituals, moving up higher though a controlled organization, nor false promises of salvation if a person works unpaid for Dyer.

There's nothing wrong about making a buck by honestly motivating people. Who cares if he's made a fortune out of pop psychology to make people feel good; if we find him irritating, we can turn off the T.V., we're NOT locked in. Just my opinion.

Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: January 03, 2005 02:22AM

search for Wayne Dyer at this site.
[home.hetnet.nl]

-----------------

Letter from Glen Meloy to The President's Office at KCET

To: The President's Office at KCET

Subject: Dr. Wayne Dyer and Sai Baba

Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 11:30:25 -0700

The President's Office at KCET

Dear KCET,

I was shocked to learn today in the Email below that Wayne Dyer actively promotes and speaks of Sai Baba in his books and lectures.

If I had known that at the time of your fund-raising over a year ago, I certainly would not have purchased the Wayne Dyer "whole enchilada" as it was then being promoted.

For your information, Sai Baba is the leader of one of the largest mind-controlling cults in the world and is a total fraud and sexual deviate who molest boys and young men and who claims to be the God of Gods. His organization in the United States has been and still is covering up these activities since 1980.

Don't just take my word for it. Check out the material found on [exbaba.nl].

The listeners and viewers of KCET and all PBS stations that allowed Wayne Dyer to participate in their fund-raising programs and the unsuspecting followers of Wayne Dyer deserve to know the truth about this fraud avatar who masquerades in a cloak of goodness, while in reality, is sexually molesting his victims in his private interview rooms in India .

I expect to hear from you and will want to know what you plan to do to rectify and help expose this horrible deception fostered on your listeners and viewers.

The background of celebrity Guests for fund-raising efforts should be more carefully checked out in the future to prevent this most unfortunate situation. If your staff would have done a google search on Dyer, it would have learned he was endorsing and promoting a world-wide sex molester by the name of, Sai Baba.

Glen Meloy

---------------
Were it not for the fact that I had a personal conversation with Wayne Dyer when he was touting his "whole enchilada" of books and tapes during the annual television fund-raising events for the various PBS stations, we probably wouldn't be discussing this matter.

Actually, the above event got recalled in my mind when I received an Email from one of the former devotees advising me that Wayne Dyer was promoting ssb in his talks at the Unity Churches in Phoenix, Arizona. I had no idea there was any kind of adulation of ssb by Dyer and it shocked me into recalling the fact that I had purchased over $300.00 worth of his books and tapes for the purpose of hopefully using them as a healing gift for a dear friend of mine who had just come out of a very life threatening illness and needed some inspiration. Obviously if I had known at the time that Dyer had printed references in his books about ssb, I would not have requested to speak to him nor bought his "whole enchilada."

Barry, my vision is that at some appropriate time, we can bring world wide attention to this matter by encouraging representatives of the media and the various talk show hosts where Dyer has previously appeared to interview him and ask the following questions.......

1) What is your connection to ssb?
2) Have you met him in person?
3) How did you first hear of him?
4) Did you do any research about ssb before mentioning him in your books, tapes and lectures?
5) Were you ever aware of the serious sexual abuse allegations concerning ssb?
6) If so, did you believe they were true?
7) If you only now have become aware, are you willing to make a public retraction and repudiation?
8) Are you willing to advise your publishers, distributors and retails outlets to withdraw the references from circulation?
9) And would you be willing to help get the word out wherever you go to advise all unsuspecting parents, relatives and/or custodians of the children of the world to be responsible and to protect their children from the possible consequences of a private interview with ssb?

I could go on and on, but I think if we could turn this situation around, it could be a real opportunity to finally put the spotlight of truth on the abuses at Puttaparthi by the fraud god and the long term cover up of those deplorable activities by the so called leaders of his organization and their sympathizers in the Government of India.

In that context, I would like all concerned citizens of all countries to use their contacts with the media and talk show hosts to invite Wayne Dyer to explain why he is supporting the likes of ssb.
-----------------

Posted by: Toni ()
Date: January 03, 2005 03:24AM

Thanks Cosmo :

So, I stand corrected - big time! Tx!

As I never watch television - get my news in print and on the 'net, I'm NOT aware of Dyer's present presentation. Yes, I was thinking of the 'old Dyer', was not aware of his present dramatic shift. Guess I've missed some depressing entertainment.

Thank you for clarifiying. Your case is made well. Reminds me NOT to risk commenting on something that I'm not fully knowledgeable about (my other postings however, ARE situations that I'm knowledgeable about, regretably)

shudder.

Thank You!

Wayne Dyer on the big screen
Posted by: shimon ()
Date: January 30, 2010 07:27AM

heads up for those who follow this guy. he is hawking his talks/inspiration on the big screen now. i was informed that his latest movie/talk called "Wishes Fufilled" is showing at select cinemas, and it has to do with Hay House again too. the first showing was Jan 28th and an encore showing on Feb 4th. i guess he is trying to get his message across to even larger audiences, even more than the PBS crowd. self improvement, inspiration, creating your reality message, etc is hitting the big screen. i can't even imagine what is different about this movie, talk, inspiration than the countless others he gave, they are all so similar. but thought i would share the news.

Re: Wayne Dyer on the big screen
Posted by: Christa ()
Date: January 30, 2010 12:14PM

shimon
heads up for those who follow this guy. he is hawking his talks/inspiration on the big screen now. i was informed that his latest movie/talk called "Wishes Fufilled" is showing at select cinemas, and it has to do with Hay House again too. the first showing was Jan 28th and an encore showing on Feb 4th. i guess he is trying to get his message across to even larger audiences, even more than the PBS crowd. self improvement, inspiration, creating your reality message, etc is hitting the big screen. i can't even imagine what is different about this movie, talk, inspiration than the countless others he gave, they are all so similar. but thought i would share the news.

Oh, for criminy's sake! I caught his last show on PBS, and I was just incredulous. He padded around the stage barefoot for some lunatic reason (I think having to do with a trip to some Asian guru, or maybe some "otherized" brown people who live in utter poverty yet are so beautifully spiritual. And who would trade places with a middle class family living in Topeka in a New York minute.)

I watched as much as I could stand. When he said his daughter would be singing on the show because she's so talented and wonderful and full of the holy spirit (or whatever) I was through. If these people aren't going to call a spade a spade, can't they at least call nepotism, nepotism?

And fuck Hay House. I mean it, too. In a spiritual way. Fuck them. If Louise Hay ever had any kind of cancer, then I'm a monkey's uncle. No records exist because it happened so long ago? Yeah, I totally believe that because when I fell off the turnip truck last night I landed on my head.

Her founding myth really angers me because I feel she's ripped off, scammed, tricked, and given false hope to so many desperate, sick scared people.

She's in her 80s now, and she's a real tribute to the art of plastic surgery. (Love your body! Your body is complete and whole just the way it is! Heal your body, heal yourself, heal your life!) Yup, that's right. Love your body.

And pay your surgeon.

Look, kids, if affirmations worked, no woman would have wrinkles and no man would be bald. So stop wasting your money on all those books and tapes and seminars, and put it into your Botox/Rogaine fund. Because Botox and Rogaine will actually help you. Hay House seminars and tapes help Louise Hay.

Louise Hay's not off-topic for this thread, because she's behind Dyer's craptacular spectacle. I mean film.

You know, I'm thinking I'll end this rant now and start giving Louise Hay a much closer look. And when I say close, I mean Dave Lakhani- Byron Katie-Eckhart Tolle-Werner Erhard-James Ray close.

And --surprise surprise-- I'm not a monkey's uncle. I'm also not sure what's up with all the old-time sayings that litter this post. Maybe I've been possessed by a Midwestern farmer who died in 1930!

brb, phoning exorcist. Just as soon as my head stops spinning.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2010 12:16PM by Christa.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.