Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Legacy Center
Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: January 14, 2010 04:13AM

Has anyone had experience with this LGAT?

I know there has been some discussion on other threads about it, but here is some news posted over at Rick Ross' cultnews.net headlines about Legacy Center frightening a critical site into shutting down. They sound like a group of very bad people.

[transformationskeptic.wordpress.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2010 04:22AM by Sparky.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Legacy Center
Posted by: ResearchingTruth ()
Date: January 15, 2010 12:37AM

Sparky,

First, thanks for posting my blog (that's me, transformationskeptic), I've been getting a lot of hits since my post was added to cultnews.net (Thanks Rick!), which is good, word is again getting around since discussion on Legacy Center seems to have cooled after the mentioned message board was shut down in 2006.

And like you Sparky (I searched your posts), my sole purpose is to inform people about the potential dangers and risks of this particular LGAT, as well as others, exposing the dangerous aspects they don't want people to think too much about. Perhaps working towards regulation, legislation, fraud investigation by the FTC & SEC, etc. Or maybe investigation of the FTC & SEC, such as Robert L Fitzpatrick is currently advocating, for the world of MLMs and pyramid schemes - which all seem to be powered by the "transformation" gurus these days.

Anyway, real quick about the founders and leaders of Legacy Center, North Carolina and their 'credentials':
(taken from their website's Meet Us page)

Lori Todd: PHD Environmental Sciences
, Associate Professor at UNC (I believe in Toxicology) - "challenges people to risk like it is their last day"
Rob Katz: PHD Computer Sciences, high-tech entrepreneur, and self-proclaimed visionary in the field of applying cognitive perception to computer graphics

Dangerous, yes I'd say.

Rob Katz' PHD in computer science concerns me because he is likely armed with knowledge and skills capable of wreaking havoc on the internet regarding anything critical of his group.

Speaking of that, has anyone noticed cultnews.net and cultnews.com not accessible today?

Legacy Center, North Carolina, Lori Todd, Rob Katz,
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: January 15, 2010 05:37AM

There are also 3 pages of posts in this forum about Legacy Center.
Some names coming up... Linda-Marie Hubert, Lori Todd, Rob Katz,

Use the search function to search for the 'exact phrase' Legacy Center.
[forum.culteducation.com]

The Legacy Center: Any info ASAP [forum.culteducation.com]

anyone know about the Legacy Center? [forum.culteducation.com]

Legacy Center Leadership Program [forum.culteducation.com]

The Legacy Center, Leadership Program, Linda-Marie Hubert [forum.culteducation.com]

If a website has been taken offline by the Legacy Center, perhaps the website is still in the Google Cache or in the internet archive. [www.archive.org]
If so, key parts of the censored posts could be cross-posted in this thread.

Re: Legacy Center, North Carolina, Lori Todd, Rob Katz,
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: January 15, 2010 05:58AM

There is a listing in the internet archive for www.legacycentertruth.org [web.archive.org]

May 03, 2005 [web.archive.org]

It appears to be quite scrubbed, save any accessible pages asap as they will soon be disappeared forever.
The momentum was building with hundreds of posts explaining exactly what the Legacy Center was doing to people, and how they were doing it, so they censored it.

Maybe someone saved many of those posts in the past, and can archive some of them in this thread?

Re: Legacy Center, North Carolina, Lori Todd, Rob Katz,
Date: January 15, 2010 06:04AM

The Anticult
If a website has been taken offline by the Legacy Center, perhaps the website is still in the Google Cache or in the internet archive. [www.archive.org]
If so, key parts of the censored posts could be cross-posted in this thread.

This research was already done, complete with screen shots of all that is available on the archive, hence the blog posting: The Legacy Center, Lifespring offshoot in Raleigh, NC, threatens LegacyCenterTruth.org

I'm hoping this new thread (and my blog) will attract new stories, since they seemed to have fizzled out since 2006.

Date: January 15, 2010 06:10AM

I will go ahead and post my experience with someone involved with Legacy Center:
(copied from my blog)

Copied from my blog transformationskeptic.wordpress.com
My second encounter with these LGAT groups was more recent and a little more, perhaps, insidious. It is what really prompted me to begin researching them.

This time was different than my first experience because this friend has been, unbeknownst to me, deeply involved (though on and off) with Lifespring and the Legacy Center for the last 15 years. This friend attempted to recruit me during a phone conversation, albeit subtly, into the Legacy Center in Raleigh, NC.

To help illustrate why I use the word insidious I will first explain our connection. We had been friends for about two years after having met through a local social networking website for photographers. We developed the kind of friendship where I regarded him as a confidant. I thought of him as a safe, older, wiser friend to have of the opposite sex. I felt like he was one of the very few people I could tell all to. He was a patient listener, and was there when I needed someone to just vent, or use as a sounding board if I found myself at some kind of turning point in my life. Especially comforting since I don’t have close relations with my own immediate family, and I was in a new city making new friends and trying to make a new life for myself. However there were times when he would say things that just didn’t appeal to my common sense, intellect or critical thinking. Even at times some things were even just a little off-putting in a boundary-crossing sort of way. But I would just shrug those moments off and take from the friendship what did help or make sense.

Looking back on some of our email conversations, he would use phrases that I now recognize as common LGAT jargon, such as:

* choosing to choose
* creation of vision
* I promise to help you process
* communicating your authentic experience
* asking me to pass on a hug to a friend of mine he’d never talked to or met for “a personal leap” (starting up her own business)
* “no inauthentic flouting of God” when discussing the ‘08 Presidential election
* we are all in this world together, and share the responsibility for it
* find the way to participate in -be the Sources for- a world that’s fully connected and ‘in The Dance’
* to choose the next challenge as one that stretches me
* setting myself up to win, but win big
* I know why the choices I am making are important to me
* who I can see experiencing myself being on the other side of the challenge…

You see, I never asked him to coach me, or be a mentor, but this is obviously what he felt he needed, or wanted to do anyway for his own purposes. I generally went along with it by never questioning him or engaging him in further discussion about some of these things mentioned above. Like I said, I just appreciated having (what I thought) a safe, neutral friend to talk to. In hindsight, I realize now that he literally fed off of this and would frequently probe me for my news, thoughts, and personal developments. I generally tried to be careful of what I would tell him to a degree, some things are just best kept to one’s self. But there were times where he would successfully lead me to opening up.

The thing that really irked me and turned me off of our friendship was his timing in his attempt to recruit me. I was in a bad spell. I was feeling confused, lost, alone, stressed and frustrated with the way things were going in my life at the time. He then offered me an “opportunity for transformation” that he claimed had helped him through such difficulties. My first question was “does this transformation cost money?” I reminded him that I had no money. But then he offered to help pay, again in a subtle way. His words were something like “if you’re willing to make the commitment I will help you through it”. I didn’t see any sense in it at all, especially since I knew he wasn’t much richer than I was. He’s basically retired and lives on a fixed income. My final words on the subject were that the last thing I needed at this extremely stressful turning point in my life was to drop everything to devote myself to a mysterious transformation that he wouldn’t describe or reveal the actual cost of. It just didn’t make any sense to me. No thanks. End of conversation.

Afterward, I continued to work through my problems on my own. Then one day something clicked out of the blue and I made a connection that spurred me to do a little research on the Legacy Center. My Raleigh friend was trying to recruit me into the same thing my Las Vegas friend did with the Choice Center. Ack! Moreover, I found out that my Raleigh friend had attempted to recruit at least 3 other mutual friends that I know of. Mutual friends that we had made through the same social networking site. I communicated with each one, and they all mentioned he was uncomfortably aggressive in his manner. Apparently his tactics with them were variably more aggressive than with me. In two cases they were contacted out of the blue for a coffee or lunch date, then basically probed about their personal and professional life, dreams, wants, and wishes before the surprising sales pitch was presented at the end.

They each felt that, as a result of his recruiting tactics, they could no longer trust him and wouldn’t answer any more calls from him. Such a crappy feeling to have your trust betrayed like that. They each also stated in so many words that they really wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt that, as a friend, he truly wanted to share with us what he thought would be a wonderful experience. At the same time, myself and one of those friends both felt completely disturbed by the thought that we were just being used all along as pawns for his “game”.

Once I realized that I was not the only one who was unwittingly being coached by a wannabe guru with hidden motives (a wolf in sheep’s clothing?) it became a huge motivator to gear my research and interests towards helping the public be aware, and to be careful of who you trust. Thus, this blog, and hopefully bigger endeavors in the future.

Date: January 17, 2010 07:15AM

Check this out-

"It's not a training, it's an opportunity"

Enrolling the 100th Monkey Legacy Center Style. Legacy Center Leadership graduates enroll monkeys in India. [www.youtube.com]

Date: April 07, 2010 06:12AM

The 100th monkey video posted above is funny to say the least. I explored some of the "companion" videos to the right of the YouTue presentation and it is clear from the people "giving back" to the world by volunteering free labor for this LGAT that there is some "mind control" going on, expecially the "mantra" words being used over and over. If anyone has recently attended this group or has a friend or loved one who has, please pipe up and let us know more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2010 06:16AM by Sparky.

Date: April 23, 2010 02:01AM

Transformation Skeptic (see here: [transformationskeptic.wordpress.com]) has gone silent after writing about Legacy Center.

Does anyone know if The Legacy Center has forced him into silence?

I understand this is their sinister M.O. Apparently giving a critique of an LGAT is tatamount to blasphemy.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Date: April 23, 2010 08:51AM

[Moderator note: Due to a copyright complaint from the Legacy Center the following full page was edited to a "fair use" version quoting the original page. If you want to see the full page in its complete original form go the Legacy Web site at [www.thelegacycenter.com] ]

Excerpted from the Legacy Web site at [www.thelegacycenter.com]

"Who We Are Not"

"We are not AA We are not a recovery program... We are not AAA ...We are not AARP...We are not a club...We are not therapy...a substitute for psychotherapy or counseling, nor [is Legacy training] intended to be a substitute for psychotherapy or counseling. Psychological disorders are not addressed in the workshops...We are not comfortable...We are not for people who think they are broken...'

Thank GOD for this! I thought this LGAT was the American Automobile Association (AAA) for road-side help. Thankfully I read "Who we are not" before I called about my flat tire.

This site is full of meaningless "testimonials" but is certainly full of enough "courses" to flush your money down the toilet with.

I especially love how they state "We are not comfortable". Of course you are not "comfortable"! How can you break your victims your customers down with a comfortable experience? You folks have learned a lot since Lifespring.

Since you like quotes on your site so much of famous people/movies, here is one from Snarky Sparky:

"You can put a pig in a tuxedo, but it is still a(n) pig LGAT cult"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2010 09:30PM by rrmoderator.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.