Current Page: 7 of 8
Re: Staying friends with a Landmarkian?
Posted by: kdag ()
Date: June 25, 2018 03:10PM

(Double post. Sorry. Maybe its my phone?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2018 03:26PM by kdag.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: June 25, 2018 03:24PM

bakkagirl,

I believe you. More on that later.

Posted by: bakkagirl ()
Date: June 25, 2018 03:25PM

People have posted facsimiles of the Landmark 'informed consent' agreement in this forum. Has anyone posted a Landmark NDA?

I have been in the people development sector for 20 years and I cannot recall any program that required participants to sign an NDA.

Probably, a lawyer should give some attention to the 'legality' of this.

bakkagirl

Date: June 25, 2018 03:29PM

I agree. I suspect that the whole point of the non-disclosure agreement may be, at least in part, because they don't want the legality of some of their practices scrutinized too closely.

Date: June 25, 2018 03:39PM

That would be one reason, another would be that they don't want people ripping off their 'technologies'. This seems to be part of LGAT culture...the stealing of the master's technology.

Date: June 25, 2018 03:48PM

That's what they say, but they steal each other's "technology" all the time. In fact, other people have posted examples of where the "technology" actually came from, and these LGATs didn't even invent it. Most of them seem to be a mix of other peoples' work, which was published long ago. Apparently, a lot of it comes from the Scientologists. Then there's Eastern religions, absurdism, etc. Mix that with the Stanford Prison Experiment and the Milgram Experiment and voila!

Date: June 25, 2018 04:14PM

Right, and you would have to be a sociopath to do any of that!

So, here is my BEEF...we, have had, over time, a number of so-called reputable professionals, psychologists, management scientists lending their brands to this garbage.

I think Warren Bennis, though deceased, and USC need to be seriously looked at. Landmark is selling to corporations based on a USC, cough, study.

And there ARE Harvard connections, e.g. Jensen, that need to be seriously looked at.

I see two groups of victims:

1) the individual who is inducted by 'friends'; is motivated by curiosity, a desire to improve in some way.

2) the employee who is virtually ordered to participate in Landmark, or facsimile training programs.

Date: June 25, 2018 07:36PM

"the individual who is inducted by 'friends'; is motivated by curiosity, a desire to improve in some way."

Honestly, I'm not so sure how often that is the case. I felt more hooked into it. She called me, crying, because she didn't have enough people for her home introduction. (1st hook).

l deliberately went with no money. The woman gave the presentation, then asked, "did i get anything of value out of it?" To be polite, i said, "yes." They then try to get you to sign up, and if you do it today, it's $100 off. I say I'll think about it. Friend says she'll lend me the $100 deposit, and if i thought it had value, why wouldn't I, if i really want to fix (a, b, c, or d in my life...)? (2nd hook).

The deposit is non-refundable. Then, a couple of days later, i say I'll pay her back the $100, but i wasn't sure that i wanted to do it. She has a garage sale to raise more money for my tuition. Now she's sold stuff so I'll go. (3rd hook). She argues that it's just a weekend, what's the harm?

They KNOW that people show up at the intros with no money, so this lending or just giving the down payment is very common. She pretty much nagged for a year to get me into it. I think this happens to a lot of people. I think a lot of people go because they end up feeling obligated. I know that I did.

Leading up to it, she kept asking me if i was excited to do it, and i kept telling her "no." From what little i had been told, i thought it sounded like just a bunch of "reframing." I already know how to do that, if i want to. It was that, plus a bunch of mind-fuck.

Date: June 25, 2018 09:06PM

I see, I see...

Wow, how manipulative, and, you, being a person of conscience felt 'obligated'...

Jeez, are they clever, and, pathetic, at the same time.

I will swap stories with you...

So, I really, really, wanted to work with this Japanese psychologist...who had been my sort of partner at a consulting firm. Issue, he is a Mormon...

I thought, I can transcend this, find a bridge.

I attended two LDS services with him, really tried to be open, take an interest, suspend judgement.

A culty is a culty...

They live by other rules, and really shitty rules...

They have given UP basic human dignity...but, they are exceptionally good at inducing other people to do same.

I got love bombed, found home-backed cookies in my mail box...(I did not know they had my address).

I tried to communicate my faith to them, and they listened, oh so respectfully...tried to establish some common value system.

At the end of the day, these people will kill you...

Big mistake to ever love what cannot love you back.

Date: June 25, 2018 09:48PM

Yep. I DO know that i had the option of not going, BUT by that time, i felt that I owed her.

And i see that you gave it a try at that guy's church, and that would seem okay. But when you say that it's not your path, and they keep pushing, it is then you see that there's a real problem.

Current Page: 7 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.