Current Page: 2 of 8
Staying friends with a Landmarkian?
Posted by: glam ()
Date: December 11, 2004 10:30AM

Participants in ILP commit to a six month training programme with four weekend courses with other ILP groups in their country/region and weekly classrooms. The classrooms are usually 4 to 5 hours long

they also must assist around the centre once a week (this is the minimum) most do more.

Yes, he's been doing this.

They have coaches and teams that they will meet with at least once per week.

Yes, I do know he has a coach...he's mentioned that he should "check with his coach" on a couple of occasions.

They have excessive amounts of literature that they must read and memorise.

How sad. The poor guy.

To meet the measures of the programme they must register a minimum of 15 people into the landmark forum, they must hold introductions and get people to go to them they must register a number of people over the phone who attended a landmark forum but who did not register at the introduction (this is what those peices of card they fill out are for)

I know he's held introductions; he's even printed up flyers inviting people. I also know of several people he's enrolled into the Forum, but I'm not sure how many. Some have quit, and he's said he "created that reality."

It does seem to be consuming his life...he manages to work Landmark into almost every conversation. His wife is so involved she considers it her "job." But I don't know if they actually pay her, or if she considers "volunteering" or "assisting" to be a "job."

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 11, 2004 10:33AM

My friend is doing the ILP.

I'm sorry to hear that. I know how you feel.

:(

Glam

Posted by: Montreal ()
Date: December 11, 2004 10:34AM

It does seem to be consuming his life...he manages to work Landmark into almost every conversation. His wife is so involved she considers it her "job." But I don't know if they actually pay her, or if she considers "volunteering" or "assisting" to be a "job."[/color:1d016e8f45]

Hi Glam,

What happened to his real job? Has it affected it in any way?

Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: December 11, 2004 12:56PM

Acid the ILP read and memorise questions, the introduction (this is a 15 page single spaced A4 document, they read all the letters from pcychologists, mininsters, etc, they read any newspaper articals (the positive ones about landmark)

Participants in ILP commit to a six month training programme with four weekend courses with other ILP groups in their country/region and weekly classrooms. The classrooms are usually 4 to 5 hours long

What courses have to be taken before they enroll in ILP courses?

How do these people fit all this into their schedules? Doesn't it affect their family life, work, etc?

also

There are year committments, on assisting teams,,, Are these signed contracts? Are they paid or is it volonteer work and time that they are giving?

To be eligable for ILP they must have completed the Landmark Forum and Advanced course and completed a minimum of 6 weeks assisting. However centre managers can get exceptions but the person must have done the landmark forum as a minimum and should generally be registered in the advanced course

They fit landmark into their schedule around their work and family committments. usually their family or social committments suffer. sometimes their work.

When I did ILP I would finish teaching then drive to the centre with another person from ILP then stay there till 9 or 10 at night and most weekends. during lunch my "buddy" from ILP would meet me and we would work on memorising the documents and preparing for classrooms or weekends.

Year long commitments on assisting teams are just that assisting, yes they sign an agreement everyone who assists signs an agreement and usually if they try to quit this is used to hold them to their word (integrity) Unless you are a paid staff member you are not paid at all. Landmark only stays in business because of the volunteers. each staff member needs a minimum of 40 people to assist them do their job. staff have usually completed the ILP and the curriculum for living (forum, LFIA seminar, advanced course and selp) as a minimum but are usually expected to have done the communication programme.

Glam there are people who virtually work a 40 hour week for landmark with out pay. Paid staff work a minimum of 60 hours per week and are at the office from 10am to 9pm and 10 to 6 on saturdays. usually most staff get to work at 8 or 9am so they have time before everyone comes in to get stuff done. all staff have metal nametags with the landmark name on them. if she is staff she will have one of them near her at all times.

Posted by: Concerned Oz ()
Date: December 11, 2004 05:00PM

Speranza - I empathise with your plight totally.
* Stay physically healthy and surround yourself with people who have good humour
* Study up
* Be there for her
* Pass her information when she says she wants it
* if your beliefs support the practice of prayer - pray.

The time will come when she will be exhausted and will want out. You can intervene before hand as I did but you run the risk that she has left because of you and not because of her. The faulty thinking stays with them for years if there is no circuit breaker, (exit counselling).

There is lots of info in this related thread:

Dating/relationship possible with a LEC fan?
[/color:5c8572b951]http://board.culteducation.com/viewtopic.php?t=624

Oz

Date: December 12, 2004 07:56AM

Hi Glam,

What happened to his real job? Has it affected it in any way?

Hmmm....he still has his real job, but now he attributes every professional success to Landmark, rather than to his own talent or experience. Not that he's gotten any better at his job or any more successful, just that what would be a normal occurence in his work life is now a "breakthrough" created "thanks to Landmark."

[b:c62e14c38f]Everything[/b:c62e14c38f] that happens in his life now is tied to Landmark in his mind...he "creates the reality" of absolutely everything, whether it's an employee showing up for work late (his fault somehow) or his friends quitting Landmark (he and the others in the seminar "created that reality").

Whether it's had a negative impact on his job is hard to say...I do know he's beginning to cut off people who won't sign on for Landmark, and with those people comes the potential for additional income, but it's possible he's been able to "enroll" enough other people to keep his income steady.

I do know it's affected his family life...he and his wife spend less time with their kids now (of course, because they're giving so much of their time to Landmark).

Posted by: Montreal ()
Date: December 12, 2004 11:02AM

Hi Glam,

I also noticed the same as yourself. That it is all thanks to Landmark and everything is a breakthrough, :( I wonder why they can't see that all these things could of very well happened without Landmark. ???

What do you mean by "and with those people comes the potential for additional income, but it's possible he's been able to "enroll" enough other people to keep his income steady"

Date: December 12, 2004 11:23PM

They're under the hypnotic (literally) spell of Landmark right now...so everything that happens in their lives seems to happen thanks to Landmark. I've seen this thinking even in people who've been away from Landmark for years.

What do you mean by "and with those people comes the potential for additional income, but it's possible he's been able to "enroll" enough other people to keep his income steady"

He's turned away some customers from his business because they're not interested in Landmark, but it is possible (I don't know) that he's found other customers who he was able to enroll into Landmark, and they might make up for the customers he lost. But I'm not sure. (It's also possible he's been able to get some Landmark people to become customers of his, but again, I'm not sure.)

Posted by: speranza ()
Date: December 12, 2004 11:30PM

I thought it was "wrong" for them to get other Landmark people to do business with them? Something to do with integrity?

Posted by: Savernake ()
Date: December 13, 2004 02:28AM

glam
but now he attributes every professional success to Landmark, rather than to his own talent or experience.

That's just like [i:01c9dec59f]my [/i:01c9dec59f]Landmark friend! This guy built up his own multi-million pound business from nothing (computer hardware and network solutions), and does pop videos in his spare time (even touring with a well known rap artist at one point). But he insists that his life was a failure before Landmark, that his successes were due to phenomenal good luck rather than his own talent or effort (this last is just rubbish -- when he was building up his business, he used to work like 16 hours a day, every day -- that's not luck, it's hard work, and his success was well deserved)

That's just so sad...

Current Page: 2 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.