Current Page: 8 of 8
Re: Staying friends with a Landmarkian?
Posted by: bakkagirl ()
Date: June 25, 2018 11:12PM

Yes, there was a total problem, and I went out of my way to both appreciate THEM, and to explain my position.

I did this in the most loving, appreciative, and respectful way I could imagine.

I treated them in manner in which I would like to be treated...

I even mocked the somewhat incomprehensible elements of my catholic faith...the more esoteric elements of its theology...saying, I could understand 'belief systems' that might not be comprehensible to others.

My position was, "can we not respect each other as Christians who agree on more things than we disagree on?"

NOPE, no deal.

I invited him to my church...no interest in this exchange.

BTW, I think I am a MORMON. My colleague started introducing me to others as such after one session at his church. I think he got Jesus points for this, and is closer to moving to the Planet Kolob.

What did I learn from this? Just to be SADDER about the human condition.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: June 26, 2018 05:27AM

Mormonism is a Western esoteric system with lots of Christian trappings.

When they speak of Jesus this is not the same Jesus most of us think of.

Many, very many early Americans actively practiced metaphysical belief systems and divination methods.

Young Joseph Smith was exposed to Swedenborgianism and freemasonry via his family background. His family came from an area in Vermont where there was lots of interest in divination methods for finding treasure hoards. Smith incorporated all this and very much more into his confection.

Found this out by reading Catherine Albanese's

A Republic of Mind and Spirit:A Cultural History of American Metaphysical Religion.

Posted by: bakkagirl ()
Date: June 26, 2018 01:36PM

LDS is a monster cult. I told them I had a fundamentally different view about scripture. It wasn't personal...just a different take. This was not acceptable.

Current Page: 8 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.