Current Page: 32 of 34
Psychosis after a Tony Robbins Seminar??
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: March 08, 2007 04:42AM

nutrino
Also seems telling that the website has nearly 70,000 hits.... which is telling us something...

One would think that is why Tony Robbins instructed his lawyers to not only take that website over, but to personally crush the guy/gal behind it, and to do so with extreme prejudice.
That website comes up in Google searches about Tony Robbins and his divorce, right near the top of the list.

[www.google.com]

Robbins went and sued those newspapers for running a story about how he met his new wife, what's her name, Sage-Bonnie, and how he harshly dumped his former wife Becky, who he had raved was his Lifelong Soulmate in every program and book he did.
(notice that Tony Robbins has not released any new books in many years...why? Could it be that his former wife Becky shared his writing contract, and she is keeping those old books on the shelves with HER name as the dedication, so it can't be edited out?)

An estimate is that Robbins lost over a million dollars in legal fees in that libel trial. That is a message of pure Libel Chill, to warn all of the newspapers to stay away from him, like Landmark and Scientology. Its a scare tactic, and it works. Which company wants to get sued for running a critical story? These days, ZERO.
So he goes all out, and crazily sues some newspapers over telling a strange story about how he "stole" another mans wife, and had an affair(s).
Its the exact same tactic as Scientology and Landmark, and it works.
[www.google.com]

There has been information out, that several former associates of Robbins tried to write critical books on him, but they were all crushed.

Now Tony Robbins wants to crush this person as well, to scare off any random internet critics. Its the same as Landmark, send threatening legal letters to try and intimidate people who can't defend themselves. Maybe a lawyer will help that person out in his defence?
Robbins doesn't care if he wins or loses, its just a threat to stop people from complaining about his products and services on the internet. All he has to do is "make an example" of one person, then all the rest are just threats.

No serious criticism is allowed on the Tony Robbins website, no newspapers want the hassle of dealing with Robbins lawyers, and now Robbins wants to block criticism of him on the open internet.

If anyone tries to write a book about Robbins, he will certainly threaten to sue the publisher to eat up all the profits, and that stops a book from getting published.

Pretty diabolical, newspapers-mags, internet, and books are all blocked of serious criticism due to legal threats.
That is no accident.

As far as Tony Robbins and his organization practicing what they preach, that is beyond a bad joke. Anyone who actually looks behind the curtain is in for a serious Life Lesson in ugly reality.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: March 18, 2007 11:27AM

It appears that Tony Robbins has succeeded in suppressing that satirical and critical website about him with his abusive legal threats.
[www.tony-robbins.org]

What they had said on that website is that it was not just the website that Tony Robbins wanted to suppress, but that it also allowed a venue for people to easily post criticisms about Tony Robbins and his companies, and that is what they really wanted to suppress, the public criticism.

The Tony Robbins websites do not permit any real analysis, and many other websites, and now news outlets are afraid of Robbins, like they fear Scientology.
Its clear Robbins "modeled-copied" Scientology in terms of attacking the media to create libel chill and to suppress intelligent analysis and free speech.

Tony Robbins has now shown he is against Free Speech.

Tony Robbins is clearly a bully using his clients money to abuse and threaten the small guy, and is cowardly and fearful of open discussion and criticism of his extreme persuasion methods being used in his LGAT seminars.

Some of that website is still in the Google cache for now. It appears that the "Tony Fans" have carried through on most of their threats...some of those ugly threats are posted below before they vanish from the Google cache. Those are the kinds of nasty people who follow Tony Robbins and his ruthless methods...

Dear Mr. Arty.B, I am a lawyer and Tony 'fan'. I have spent the last hours mounting a strong case against you 'pro bono'. I have filed against 'hotmail', filed against your hosts, filed against tracking down your computer address. You will lose everything, if the Robbins Legal Team adheres to the statutory and case law that I have voluntary drawn out for them to use against you. You may be able to discern, that I mean serious business, I am a Platinum Partner and RICHER than Mr. Robbins himself - and am and will use everything at my disposal to haul you, your family, your parents, your wife and your children - before the courts. My firm is international with offices in London too. Good luck because you will need it. I am going to rip your fucking throat out...
I've been doing business with Robbins for some time. Just want to let you know their legal team is making a big crackdown on people like you.
I am soooo happy that you did not get a refund. I feel like jumping up and down on my bed, feeling soooooooooo good. It's like drugs - I love it. You will never, I repeat never get a refund. The laugh is actually on you. And guess what? Robbins will keep getting richer and richer. One day, I am also sure they will shut down your site. If you ever come to New York let me know because I want to split your skull open.
This is horrific and horrendous. How dare you insult Tony Robbins? How dare you? I am going to report you to the Robbins Research Institute.
Hi. I noticed your anti-Tony advert. I want to tell you good friend, that I've had a similar experience. But I had a good experience. I can not believe how you have the god damn nerves to berate this great man - a modern day Jesus Christ/Moham/Buddah rolled into one. Here is what I am going to do for you. I am going to find out exactly where you live. Then I'm going to sort things out with you mano-a-mano, face to face. I want to help Tony. So I am going to do the world a favor my friend. I'm coming. Believe me. I 'm coming. Buy what you need to, get locks or whatever. I am so mad at you. You don't know what I am going to do. RIP [/color:2a3e728423]

Readers Write-
[209.85.165.104]

[209.85.165.104]

Posted by: sj ()
Date: May 19, 2007 04:12PM

it looks like the site is back
[www.michaelmattox.com]
8) :)

Date: May 20, 2007 03:53AM

That site is a different one than the one that was suppressed by Tony Robbins cowardly anti-Free Speech tactics.

That website is a basic critique of a couple of Tony Robbins crappy audio-programs, like Get The Edge.

The other site www.tony-robbins.org was much more comprehensive, going into specific details about the most expensive programs, and telling people how to complain to the Attorney General, and things of that nature.

It would be consistent with past history, that whoever owned that website, after being forced to pay tens of thousands or much more in frivolous legal fees, would then be forced to sign a comprehensive and total gag order that lasts in perpetuity, or be drawn into the courts and lose their house and businesses in more frivolous legal fees. Its one of many vicious and abusive tactics, and that's why they do it.

Think of a Mafia gangster "making an example" of one guy who does not pay him his extortion fees. They beat one small guy on the street to a pulp, until he loses an eye or limb, and that F-E-A-R keeps everyone else silent.
Gangs in urban centers also use the same tactic.
"Make an example" of a few people, and the rest will stay silent out of terror and fear. Its a form of psychological terrorism.

So if you want to silence your critics and suppress Free Speech, use the tactics of the gangster, and use NLP to "model" the gangster, and that means using psychological terrorism to make examples of people to shut everyone else up.

That is why these cultish groups build up massive legal war-chests, they know that they can force most people into silence out of fear.

Fortunately, a few people are able to fight back. Not many though.

sj
it looks like the site is back
[www.michaelmattox.com]

Posted by: thepower ()
Date: May 24, 2007 07:27AM

I honestly don't know what to make of it all. I have been to a UPW event and found it really beneficial. However, arguments could be made about sinister undertones. On the flip side of THAT coin, though, the removed site contained a lot of *potentially* slanderous information. Getting it closed down because it was possibly deceitful, misleading etc would therefore not mean TR has anything to hide. It's hard for me to determine the truth...

Date: June 22, 2007 01:43PM

There is a thread with some satire about Tony Robbins (and others) obsession with your "crap and colon".
[board.culteducation.com]

For those who thought that was merely a joke about Tony Robbins obsession with your colon and all things therein...his current newsletter is all about what?

You crap and your colon!

For those who are wondering why Tony Robbins is obsessed with your colon, there seems to be several reasons...

-Easy Money: health quackery is big money, with a huge market.

-Quackery: Tony Robbins has always done health quackery.

-Depth Persuasion Psychology: Tony Robbins knows that if you start doing Tony Robbins Seminar LGAT enemas-cleanses, then guess what? Then Tony Robbins is truly "penetrating your consciousness". He's getting you from both ends, literally, your mind, and from down below.

Those who think Tony Robbins does not operate in that fashion have no clue what he is up to. Utterly unconscious.
If you are getting an enema at a Tony Robbins LGAT Seminar event when you are in a highly-suggestible emotional state, and thinking about Tony Robbins while getting it...well, someone is getting screwed up the butt, or perhaps harsher language would be more accurate.
Those are the kind of clients they like, people who will accept being figuratively 'screwed up the butt' by their Guru.

In the excerpt from their current newsletter below, they are getting away with making outrageous medical sounding inferences, and saying that your colon is giving you cancer and everything else! All complete nonsense, just fabricated by people trying to sell your their colonic products and services. You colon is self-cleaning and food does not sit in there for months and years! All you have to do is eat healthy fiber, and it cleans itself. As REAL DOCTORS say, for most people the colon is a self-cleaning oven. Don't mess around with it, or you can CAUSE very serious problems.

Notice the salespitch at the end where they turn you away from other products, and direct you to their products.
They also use the term "toxic colon".

There appears to be no limit to what some people will stoop to, to sell you their rip-off junk. They fabricate something called a "toxic colon" which does not exist, and then sell you are cure for something that does not exist. Colonic Snake-Oil.
Just wait until you see the Disclaimers on these "products" they are pushing.

One they have you hooked into these types of fake "health products", then you go on the sucker list, and are going to get sucked into every other "health" product until all your money is flushed down the crapper.

Gastrointestinal Quackery:Colonics, Laxatives, and More
[www.quackwatch.org]
[www.ineedcoffee.com]

If you're looking to get back on track with your health goals, or if you've been working hard all year long and are already well on your way to greater vibrancy and energy, a mid-year cleanse may be just the thing you need to rejuvenate, realign, and reinvigorate your body. A dietary cleanse-effectively cleaning out the colon, bowels and digestive tract-can have an incredibly positive impact on your overall health, vitality and energy.

The science behind cleansing is simple. The body needs to eliminate food and bodily waste, yet years of poor eating habits, low-fiber diets, sedentary living and other lifestyle choices can slow this process.
If wastes reside in the body too long, toxins build up and are eventually reabsorbed. A toxic colon can lead to a toxic liver, which eventually pollutes more bodily tissues and the bloodstream.

Improper function of the colon can result in a variety of ill effects ranging from headaches, nausea, fatigue, menstrual irregularities, skin problems and low sex drive, to more serious conditions like obesity, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, cancer and cardiovascular disease.

In addition to helping reverse the negative side effects of a toxic colon, the many benefits of cleansing include prevention of constipation, weight control, increased energy, improved mental focus and a healthy "glow" that includes clear skin, bright eyes and shiny hair.

..."Cleansing the colon helps virtually every tissue and cell in the human body."

When it comes to choosing a method of cleansing, exercise caution and do your research. Harsh, over-the-counter laxatives cannot be substituted for a healthy cleansing program. Instead, choose a natural but thorough approach that is easier on the body and will stimulate other body-cleansing mechanisms besides the bowels.

Date: June 24, 2007 06:37AM

Just to make sure that those who are getting a Tony Robbins enema package don't mistake what they are getting.
The toxic colon salesmen use fancy words like...

Colon hydrotherapy
Colonic Irrigation
highly qualified colonic therapists

Those who get the Tony Robbins enemas, call it Colon Hydrotherapy or Colonic Irrigation or colonic cleansing...

This "toxic colon" business is a complete fabrication.They are selling people a series of products and services, for something that literally does NOT even exist!!

That is very similar to the rest of the Tony Robbins product lines. Once you finish all of Tony Robbins LGAT seminars, if you have a brain cell left in your head, you realize that he sold you Smoke & Mirrors for 30K. Its all hype. You got NOTHING for it.

Create a series of products/services that are marketed as solutions, but they don't exist.
That kind of stuff gives those LGAT sales guys great pleasure.
Anyone can sell cars and houses and penny stock.

Not anyone can sell people NOTHING, and charge them a fortune for it. They are very very proud of that.
And while they are at it, they screw them up the butt again, by selling them enemas at a exclusive health club premium. Those LGAT cultish leaders get a HUGE thrill out of doing that kind of thing to people.
It proves to them they are intellectually superior, and shows them how "stupid" people are, and how the sheep deserved to get sheered.

But clearly, enemas (Colon Hydrotherapy or Colonic Irrigation or colonic cleansing) are being used by the LGAT cultish gurus to DEEPLY PENETRATE their followers.

Its a psycho-sexual technique of Domination and Submission.

Deliberate Scam by Anthony Robbins?
Date: November 06, 2007 04:53PM

Here is an excerpt of some interesting information about another customers horror story of dealing with Tony Robbins and his hypnotic salespeople.

---------------------------------------------------------
[www.annettepearson.com]

Deliberate Scam by Anthony Robbins?

My main complaint
I attended Wealth Mastery in Sept 2005 and halfway through the course I turned in my materials, name badge and a letter stating withdrawal to the customer services desk and never received my refund as I was told by AR that they had no record of my handing in my materials. Even when someone at the course independently wrote to AR to back up my claim they refused to refund me. But I found later that it is not in AR policy to give receipt for materials or wear any identifying tags at their customer service desk.
Treatment by Anthony Robbins Customer Service
The treatment that I received from AR’s customer service was incredibly patronizing and in a manner to discourage you to continue rather than trying to resolve the issue.
At one stage the women told me that it wasn’t up to her to come into my bedroom in the morning and take me by the hand and make sure that I attended the course.
Several times I was told they would phone me back and then wouldn’t including once phoning at close to midnight.
When I asked AR to respond in written format instead of phone calls they just stopped responding.

How is it worse if you are a Non-USA resident?
When I phoned up the UK government consumer department I was told that even though I had a legitimate complaint I would not be able to take AR to small claims court as it was a US based company and would have to pursue this through legal action in the US.

At UPW, Tony Robbins (TR) says that in order to learn that you need to do intense learning from people who are the best in their field surrounded by others that are also keen to learn and states this will happen at AR’s Mastery University. You are told there is a no questions asked money back guarantee and in the UPW I attended TR used mild hypnosis getting everyone to close their eyes and picture a beam of light and if they jumped into the beam of light they would become the best person they can be and this is what will happen if they attend Mastery University (this took about 30-45 minutes and was done with dimmed lights and mood enhancing music).

What is Mastery University?
Mastery University is made up of three courses:-

Wealth Mastery US $3465
Life Mastery US $4765
Date With Destiny US $4765

Additional Costs of Mastery University
The price stated above does not include transportation to the locations the courses are held (Palm Springs, Fiji, London, Gold Coast (Aus), Caribbean). For the Life Mastery course you have to stay at the host hotel that can cost between US $200-300 per night.

What if you change your mind?
Within three days of signing the contract you may send a written letter (faxes not acceptable) to AR to cancel and the one person I know who did this received no confirmation from AR.
After three days there is a 50% cancellation fee (min US $1995) no matter how much notice you give.

On the contract it is stated that the 50% fee is due to the inability to assess actual damages – I am not sure how withdrawing from the course will cause this. But it isn’t to their reputation when trying to get my money back from customer services I said I would email all the people on my team to find out if any had similar experiences I was told this was my choice and they did not seem very concerned about their reputation.

Money Back Guarantee
I have found a few references on the web of people not receiving their money back. In my case I was told that AR has no record of my handing in letter, name badge and materials to the customer service desk. I was asked if I had any written proof of handing in my materials and when I couldn’t give the name of who I had given the materials to behind the AR customer service desk told that I could have given my materials to just anyone.

At a subsequent AR event I noticed that even though all team leaders, assistant team leaders and support crew all had shirts identifying them as AR staff that the two people behind the customer service desk who said that the were Robbins Research Itln staff had no identification at all. I also asked them if they gave any written proof when someone handed in their materials and I was told that it was not in their procedures to give any receipt or written proof when a participant handed in their materials for the money back guarantee. So of course it is easy for them to claim that I didn’t hand in my materials.

The Grilling
Also even though it was stated that here was no questions asked before you can hand in the materials to the customer service desk you are required (though not by the contract signed) to talk to your team leader where I was made to feel like it was my fault that I wanted to leave the course.

Are Mastery University Events done live with Tony Robbins?
Not that this bothered me but Wealth Mastery is not lead by TR. Life Mastery is old video footage of TR and when I attended Date with Destiny 2000 of the participants were in the main room with TR but 300-400 of us were in an adjoining room with a video feed. So I had flown to Palm Springs from London when they might as well done the video link to a conference center in London. And I met people who had purchased their tickets as little as three days before the event so they didn’t stop selling tickets to ensure that those that had signed up, paid months in advance and flown halfway across the world would see TR live.

Conclusion
In conclusion the Anthony Robbins courses are sold in what I believe is an unethical manner, a 50% withdrawal fee if you change your mind is ludicrous and due to the number of complaints I have heard I believe that Anthony Robbins does not always honour their money back guarantee.

I am currently pursuing my refund through the legal system in the US and if you have any similar experiences you can email me at Annette.

NB: to anyone that followed this using [www.anthonyrobbinssucks.com]
I do apologize for the use of the word sucks as the main reason I purchased this domain is that I was told it is a legitimate address that people will search for when wanting to find out if there is any complaints against a company due to the recent court case of Paypal vs paypaysucks.com.

Re: Psychosis after a Tony Robbins Seminar??
Date: January 09, 2008 12:03AM

A ruling just came down that the Q-Ray is a complete scam, please read the news report below, which for once expose the fraud for what it is.

Tony Robbins was a huge promoter of another outright scam, which was basically identical to the Q-Ray called the Q-Link. They made all the same claims as the Q-Ray, even the name is almost identical.
[www.google.com]

Will the FTC go after the Q-Link and people like Tony Robbins who made huge amounts of money off that scam? Will they also be forced to pay back millions of dollars in profits from the scam?

The FTC sure must have their hands full with all of these organized scammers, it really is a type of highly organized criminal activity.

[www.chron.com]
Jan. 7, 2008, 1:53PM
Q-Ray Bracelet Promoter to Forfeit $16M

WASHINGTON — A federal judge has ordered the maker of the "Q-Ray Ionized Bracelet" to give up almost $16 million in profits for falsely advertising that it provides immediate pain relief, a government agency said Monday.

In a strongly-worded ruling, U.S. Circuit Judge Frank Easterbrook, of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, said the company's claims were "techno-babble" and "blather" and added that "almost everthing that defendants have said about the bracelet is false."

The Federal Trade Commission in May 2003 charged Q-Ray Co., based in Illinois, and its owner, Que Te Park, with violating the Federal Trade Commission Act by using false and misleading advertising. A federal district court ruled in the FTC's favor in 2006.

The company advertised the bracelet heavily on late-night television and on the Web, beginning in 2000, with claims that it relieved pain through "Q-Rays" and by "balancing the flow of positive and negative energies," according to the appeals court's ruling. There are no such things as Q-Rays.

"Defendants might as well have said: Beneficent creatures from the 17th Dimension use this bracelet as a beacon to locate people who need pain relief, and whisk them off to their homeworld every night to provide help in ways unknown to our science," Easterbrook wrote.

The company, which did not return a call seeking comment, continues to advertise its products on the Internet, though it doesn't make specific benefit claims.

Easterbrook ruled that the company and Park must provide up to $87 million in refunds to customers who request their money back. The court also ordered that $16 million in profits must be turned over to the FTC to be distributed in refunds, the agency said.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2008 12:07AM by The Anticult.

Re: Psychosis after a Tony Robbins Seminar??
Posted by: RealityRevisited ()
Date: May 28, 2009 03:49AM

Ang2BRD
Have you or do you know anyone who has suffered from mental problems as a result of attending a Tony Robbins Seminar? If so, please let me know! My sister, who had no mental problems at all, went psychotic at a Tony Robbins Seminar in 2000. Since then, she has had bad mental problems and had much difficulty leading a normal life.

Hello Ang2BRD I am still a bit stunned reading this forum. I attended a 6 day Anthony Robbins event just over a month ago. I ended up in a psychosis, and was taken to hospital where I was an involuntary patient for a week. I am out of hospital now, but am still struggling post psychosis. I am very interested to know that this happened to your sister. May I ask how her recovery went?

Any information from anyone who has experienced psychosis following a TR event is greatly appreciated. I am a 35 year old woman, and have no history of psychosis or psychosis-like behavior. This was completely 'out of the blue'.

Current Page: 32 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.