Current Page: 29 of 34
Psychosis after a Tony Robbins Seminar??
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: December 01, 2006 09:16AM

Is this a joke, or did you do one of those "phone conferences" Robbins has? If you ever do, its interesting to count how many products he promotes...usually the "coaching" as that can be used to get people into all of the other streams.
Robbins will also speak extremely rapidly, so you don't have time to think.

His old hypnotic command anchor was "Live With Passion".

StinkyOldCu..
just got off the phone to Tony.He said....."Get the edge"!! :lol:

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: HJ ()
Date: December 12, 2006 09:35PM

Hello to all of you.

First of all I'm from Holland so I hope my english will be good enough :wink: .

I've read almost all of this topic. After reading it I belief some of the things are true.
I'm now 21 years old and went to upw last year.
I do think now that there is a lot of selling involved for his master university. And for a lot of people Tony is god.

One question I have, his books and the program PPII are in my opinion very good. Some of the tools in the books and program have really done some good things for me. Do some of you think that his books and cd's (not the seminar) are bullshit ? For example Awaken the giant Within, I think it is a very good book.
But I do understand some of what you are saying ( I think) about the seminar, the brainwashing etc. But I had a good time there, but I know there are people who give alot of money to Robbins. And sure that things in this topic are true about him.

But if he was really that bad/evil why would a lot of other great speakers/writers say Tony stuffs is good. It can't be that they are all blind.

I like to discuss in a normal way and I respect everybody's opinion. So please give me a good answer. My final question :D : What books or programs can you recommend about personal development/growth or how it's called :wink: .

Thanks in advance!

Date: December 13, 2006 03:49AM

Hey HJ, I don't think people are calling Tony Robbins "evil", but just stating the fact that he is extremely deceptive, manipulative, and probably has Narcissistic Personality Disorder and perhaps Bipolar, and people with NPD can cause a lot of damage in other people, as they are only concerned with themselves.

When you saw people looking at Tony Robbins like he was a "god", that is not an accident, Tony Robbins uses techniques to instill that into people. For instance, at his seminar, he will do techniques like talk about Mother Theresa, Gandhi, and people like that, and even Jesus Christ, and then he will use techniques to link the feelings people have towards those entities to HIMSELF. He does that over and over, and most people don't notice him doing it, but he does it with some old NLP tricks, and whatever else he can use.

If you look at his books and the PPII, you will notice they are not based on his ideas. His first book is literally just NLP stuff stolen from Bandler and Grinder, and he has to pay them money for that, to this day, as far as we know.
His next book, Awaken The Giant, is just a compilation of a grab-bag of stuff. But there is a lot of tricky, false, dishonest, and highly manipulative stuff in Awaken The Giant too. Most people cannot believe how many blatant lies a guy like Tony Robbins is prepared to tell...Robbins does not care as to him its all "stories", he has admitted that most of what he has put forward as "true" is in fact not true. He was forced to admit that, and then tried to spin in that he was using teaching "stories". Never forget that you never know if Tony Robbins is lying, or when, or about what.

But remember, the books and tapes are a stepping stone in the sales process. The book leads you to an audio recording, which lead to more audio, with leads to UPW, which leads to the next seminar, and then to Mastery University, and then to hiring one of his coaches, then on and on it goes...as much $ as you have to carry you.

As far as the other famous people who recommend him...its very simple.
First, many of them are doing the same thing Robbins does, so of course they like him! They want a piece of the action!

Next, many "celebrities" have no clue of what Robbins is doing. For instance, Leeza Gibbons who did his infomercial is not too bright, and utterly clueless that Tony Robbins put her into a hypnotic trance to get her to do his infomercial. Robbins is very talented at one-on-one persuading.
Also, people who are critical of Robbins have to be very careful. Tony Robbins will sue people who criticize him, and he will retaliate. So its easier for most people not to say anything.

But the reality is that most people have NO CLUE of what Robbins is doing to people, they have no idea of what is going on. But for those who have watched the guy for 20+ years, they can see what is going on.
Richard Bandler the founder of NLP, is pretty honest about Tony Robbins, but only when he has had some drinks. He will tell you what Robbins is really doing...Robbins is using NLP, hypnosis, and everything else he can get his hands on to manipulate people without their awareness. Its all a big joke to those guys, they think its hilarious that people are so easy to "brainwash", and they make a fortune doing it.

As far as those programs "helping you", did you know that you helped yourself? That is called Behavior Therapy, where you pick new behaviors, and then push yourself to do them. So look into Behavior Therapy, and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, as has been mentioned by others.

I think the real warning here is to stay away from the Seminar Junkie mentality, where people run to all these seminars, and get ripped off for thousands of dollars. That is where they want to get you, to get loads of cash from you.

Here's a pretty good book to get from the library.

Sham: How the Self-Help Movement Made America Helpless
by Steve Salerno.
www.amazon.com/Sham-Self-Help-Movement-America-Helpless/dp/1400054095

HJ
I've read almost all of this topic. After reading it I belief some of the things are true.
I'm now 21 years old and went to upw last year.
I do think now that there is a lot of selling involved for his master university. And for a lot of people Tony is god.

One question I have, his books and the program PPII are in my opinion very good. Some of the tools in the books and program have really done some good things for me. Do some of you think that his books and cd's (not the seminar) are bullshit ? For example Awaken the giant Within, I think it is a very good book.
But I do understand some of what you are saying ( I think) about the seminar, the brainwashing etc. But I had a good time there, but I know there are people who give alot of money to Robbins. And sure that things in this topic are true about him.

But if he was really that bad/evil why would a lot of other great speakers/writers say Tony stuffs is good. It can't be that they are all blind.
My final question :D : What books or programs can you recommend about personal development/growth or how it's called :wink: .

Date: December 13, 2006 06:04AM

Thank you Anticult for your reply!

Reading your reply gives me a bad feeling. First because I thought ( and still a little bit do :oops: ) that he did some great things for people. It's hard for me too belief all what is said here, about Robbins. Don't get me wrong I'm just being honest to you, not meaning you talk crap.

When I listen to his stuff also on his seminar he knows so much about humanbeings.
When he is talking to somenone in the audience or was speaking to all people and joking, sharing information etc, I thought I saw a real good person. Hard to belief for me personally it's all a game for him.

I know what you mean about the sellingproces book, audio, seminar. That is what you notice alot. But in that moment it helps people so they want more. But what about people who really got results from Robbins teachings? There must be many people who did get more income, better relationships I guess otherwise he would not be so popular.

Anyway I read also books from Canfield, Napoleon Hill, L. Hay, D. J. Schwartz etc. I've read in the forum that Canfield also recommends Landmark etc. But about Napoleon Hill is that 'bad' stuff too?

I hope you won't mind to discuss this with me.

Greets HJ

Date: December 13, 2006 07:47AM

Does Tony Robbins do anything for people?
Or do people do things for themselves?
As far as people "improving" there is ZERO evidence that Tony Robbins helps people. That's right, zero. Its never been studied. Its just anecdotes.
So if you put anyone in front of 5,000 people, if only 1% of those people got some success in some way, that's 50 people. So a certain % of people in the audience are going to have some "success" and then some of them give him the credit.

Also Tony Robbins has lied about most of his "stories", like when he says he healed a woman with multiple-personalities...or how he bought his castle...did you know those were lies? They are exaggerations and outright deceptions.

Tony Robbins would have to have his results measured at a university over a period of years, against a randomized control group.
But the bottom line?
If you work in the seminar biz, you see the same screwed up people coming back every year, and they STILL have the same problems.
The LGAT seminar is a fraud, and that is not how people change and improve.

Tony Robbins is an amazing "performer" in his live seminars...its a performance. If you have seen him do the same seminar over and over, you see that what he is doing is a performance.

Napoleon Hill is an interesting case. Did you know he was constantly in-debt and broke his entire life, and this is many years AFTER he wrote those books?
What does that tell you?

But Jack Canfield is just a salesman...I don't understand how people could like that drivel...but some people do.

But the bottom line...just KNOWING that the Tony Robbins organization wants to sign you up for courses costing $30,000 is a good start.
Just BEWARE of his "coaches".

I know this sounds too much for you to believe, but at least you have a skeptical mind.
I'll save you $30,000.
Tony Robbins teaches you in Mastery University, that there are people in the world who are so skilled they can literally sell you nothing for $30,000.

Read this website, there is good stuff here.
[www.tony-robbins.org]

Date: December 13, 2006 08:59PM

Well I won't spend big cash on seminars now.
The only thing I struggle with is, indeed people do things themselves, but when I read a book of Canfield there were good tips in it. I apply them so I made the change, but without reading it I didn't know.
There are some books like L. Hay and also N. Hill who got me more positive and made my life better ( I did it myself, with the things I learned.)
The books are not the solution but they helped for me. I use some of Robbins, a bit of Canfield, L. Hay, Dr. J. Murphy etc. I look what works for me and start using it.

Do you think the most of those books from also J. Murphy, Deepak Chopra, Steven Covey are all in the 'catogery' as Robbins, Hill ?
I don't see it that black and white I guess. There is stuff that's very usefull to know in that kind of books. Sure there is also the other side of the medallion. What is your opinion on NLP, besides Robbins?

That's what confusing me now, when I now read some books I'm doubting if I do the right thing. But if I don't read them anymore, I feel also not comfortable because the books did help me.

Greets HJ

Posted by: StinkyOldCu.. ()
Date: December 16, 2006 03:26AM

anyways.....I'm off to spend shitload of cash on the "green drink".Its good for you, you know.No, really.... :roll:

Date: December 31, 2006 05:19AM

and Tony says to tell you all he's had a wonderful expensive,opulent Christmas care of all you kind folks who have bought into his crap! :lol:

Posted by: kath ()
Date: December 31, 2006 08:35PM

StinkyOldCu..
and Tony says to tell you all he's had a wonderful expensive,opulent Christmas care of all you kind folks who have bought into his crap! :lol:

Don't forget all the good work he does for charidee :D

Date: December 31, 2006 08:52PM

kath
StinkyOldCu..

Don't forget all the good work he does for charidee :D

and how COULD we forget that! :wink:

Current Page: 29 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.