Current Page: 4 of 9
Re: Café Gratitude enrollment
Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: August 21, 2009 10:19PM

I personally never feel sorry for destructive cults and LGATs that fall on hard times with bad press. I hope CG goes the way of the dinosaur.

As far as their employees, thotcontrol, yes, it is a shame to lose a job but in this case it would be a great BLESSING for them (IMO) to be forced away from destructive cult attitudes.

As far as the ex-manager...she'll have little trouble getting work. Who would'nt hire her? She has shown backbone in the face of peer pressure and cult recruitment.

Talk about management potential!

Options: ReplyQuote
Café Gratitude enrollment
Posted by: thotcontrol ()
Date: August 22, 2009 12:09AM

That she did Sparky, BUT she also talked against the Cafe Gratitude owners and appears to have went to the press to air her complaint (it is not clear if she approached them or they her). This scores her BIG points for being feisty, being an individual thinker and having courage and back bone. I would expect that this was a good person to have on my side in a fight for justice and to run her own business but in my view, this also makes her unattractive as an employee because she is not someone who would comform or leave a job gracefully if it did not go the way she wanted it to. Risky.

Most companies and employers value conformity and abidance to the existing culture. This would be true of Walmart or Trader Joes and much the same way this board values a certain amount conformity to the point of view of about it's subject.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 22, 2009 04:50AM

thotcontrol:

Again and again you seem to come down on the side of rationalizing and/or defending the behavior of Cafe Gratitude and Landmark Education.

You seem to have rationalized here the firing of an employee for speaking about Landmark training and the post comes across like a warning to any employee that might do the same in the future.

Are you here in an attempt to subvert this thread?

Date: August 22, 2009 05:25AM

rrmoderator:

I am starting to get a uneasy with your micro-managing and controlling what is said.

It feels like you are pressuring me to say certain things and not say other things. There are a plethora of views being expressed here, and I do my best not to repeat what has already been said and add some original thought to the discussion.....but now I am walking on eggshells. :-(

Posted by: jtaylormade ()
Date: August 22, 2009 03:37PM

thotcontrol
Most companies and employers value conformity and abidance to the existing culture. This would be true of Walmart or Trader Joes and much the same way this board values a certain amount conformity to the point of view of about it's subject.

I think the obvious difference here is that Walmart or Trader Joe's would actually offer management training and expect you to follow their corporate guidelines where as Cafe Gratitude required Landmark Training and thru involuntary thought control expect LE robots....

Date: August 23, 2009 12:17AM

thotcontrol:

You repeatedly, though it is admittedly subtle, atempt to undercut and/or minimize whatever you can here.

You seem like an apologist with an agenda to ameliorate whatever criticism is directed at either Landmark or a company that uses Landmark training.

Date: August 23, 2009 01:58AM

I have never experienced such rigid thought and idea control on an internet message board before. I am not interested in repeating other people's words or views just to make rrmoderator leave me alone and alleviate his concerns that I am here to "subvert" or "ameliorate" anything. I did not come here to fight with rrmoderator or anyone!!!!

I am stopping before this goes any further.

Date: August 23, 2009 02:01AM

thotcontrol finally ran the flag and saluted.

Bye.

Date: August 23, 2009 03:39AM

To whom it may concern:

IMO--thotcontrol was a troll.

At any rate the key issue regarding Landmark training through the restaurant in Berkeley is the right to privacy and civil rights.

An employee should not be forced to take courses that violate their right to privacy and personal beliefs, i.e. Landmark Forum.

1. The Landmark Forum is highly intrusive and largely relies upon personal confession before a group and group leader. There is no legal guarantee or professional board to ensure that such disclosure will remain private. And why should someone have to go through this type of catharsis to keep their job?

2. Employees have the right to hold their own personal beliefs, e.g. Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Nihilism, Atheism, which may easily conflict with Werner Erhards philosophy, i.e. the basis for the Forum. No one should be forced by an employer to consider and/or adopt any philosophy, which governs their personal life and conscience as a requirement for their continued employement.

What the restaurant did was therefore both unethical, illegal and a civil rights violation.

Lawyers serve a useful purpose in society when it comes to situations like this, i.e. employment violations. And this is nothing new for Landmark.

BTW--Landmark could potentially sue me again, though I think any court would scrutinize a new claim very carefully in the light of the last lawsuit and given Landmark's penchant for frivolous litigation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2009 07:33AM by rrmoderator.

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: August 23, 2009 07:42AM

rrmoderator
BTW--Landmark could potentially sue me again, though i think any court would scrutinize a new claim very carefully in the light of the last lawsuit and given Landmark's penchant for frivolous litigation.

This is correct, everyone. While the judge threw out the original lawsuit with prejustice, all that means is that particular complaint may never be raised again by the plantiff. In other words, a whole new pointless lawsuit about something completely different could be filed in the future (god forbid).

I am somewhat sorry that thotcontrol has been banned/self-inflictedly banned. I think he/she was unaware how his/her comments were coming off to some on this forum.

I will re-iterate my point, the CG ex-manager is in no way damaged by this experience. She will be perceived as strong willed and forward thinking. These are a PLUS to any business, expecially in this environment.

If any potential employer looks at her as being a terrible employee because she REFUSED TO SUBMIT TO A CULT AGAINST HER WILL AND ON HER OWN PERSONAL TIME AND SURRENDER HER CIVIL RIGHTS AND PERSONAL PRIVACY TO THAT SAME CULT, then that potential new employer is either a member of that very same cult...or insane/stupid. Either way, they are not worth working for.

Protect your rights. Contact an attorney and see if you have a case.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2009 07:51AM by Sparky.

Current Page: 4 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.