Oran Canfield, son of Jack Canfield, writes memoir
Posted by: CharloPearl ()
Date: August 12, 2009 04:04AM

Long Past Stopping: A Memoir (Hardcover)
[www.amazon.com]
due out 9-15-2009

Should be interesting. The comments, in particular those by Andrew Olivo Parodi, are enlightening. Jack Canfield is one of Michael Beckwith's longtime biz buddies (Agape Spiritual Center).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oran Canfield, son of Jack Canfield, writes memoir
Posted by: CharloPearl ()
Date: August 13, 2009 05:11AM

Clarification: the above amazon link is specific. It takes you to the dedicated page on the Amazon website. There are several good reviews there, including the review by Andrew Olivo Parodi I mentioned above.

Jack Canfield is, of course, one of the people involved with "The Secret", along with Michael Beckwith and others.

I find it curious that so many people who become mega-successful as a New Age figure/entrepreneur have really screwed up, horrible family lives and relationships, all the while holding themselves out as a totally successful package. These people will have no credibility with me unless and until they fess up as to what their private lives and relationships are like. Until then, they and their followers should stop judging other people for "negative thinking" because clearly these new age gurus are first and foremost capitalist moneymakers. Their techniques have little to do with their business success. It has more to do with their innate personalities: their persuasiveness, leadership, and marketing abilities. They can argue all they want that their various techniques are what brought them success. I don't buy it.

It's sad that these types have to choose between public success and private fulfillment, and that so many of their loved ones have to suffer. The money doesn't always assuage whatever demons are lurking. Indeed, it often makes things worse.

Re: Oran Canfield, son of Jack Canfield, writes memoir
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: August 13, 2009 02:49PM

Jack Canfield is one of the slickest salesmen in the new age field.

What if its not that they choose between success, and personal life?
What if its just that what they are selling, sounds good and sells and makes money, but doesn't work?
That is more likely what is going on.

Time and time again, the personal life of the new age Guru's have nothing at all to do with what they sell.
They are selling Illusions.

They sell things that people want to hear, so people buy it. But it doesn't work, so people just move on, and buy some more.
So they are merely expert at selling people what they think they want to hear, and make millions.
That is their skill.

They don't know anything about "success" or happiness, or anything else. All they know how to do is sell people stuff, and in this field, sell the Illusions, and even delusions.

Here's a post in The Secret thread about...
Jack Canfield's Key to Living the Law of Attraction: A Simple Guide to Creating the Life of Your Dreams [forum.culteducation.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.