Psychforums.com thread regarding Landmark Education
Posted by: grub ()
Date: July 12, 2009 10:53AM

Hi all,

Not sure if this has popped up around here but it's written from someone who, apparently, is having a bad aftertaste from the Landmark Kool-Aid.

Landmark claims they weed out people with mental health issues, should this person not have been excluded from the "course"? I'm no shrink but this person sounds like s/he needed help before Landmark. Not that that should get in the way of making some quick $ selling snake oil.

Here's the psychforums.com link and a snipped of the thread starter below.

Landmark forum

Postby squid_lips ยป Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:23 am
Has anyone has issues with depersonalisation and loss of self-image and identity after the Landmark Forum?

I find I am far too inwardly focused sometimes, almost completely in my head, or almost completely out of it.

The Landmark Forum may have whacked my self image around a little too much.

Another symptom is I don't feel I am operating from the same psychological base as the common person. As a result of continually trying to correct myself, and obtain a normal psychology/mental state, I often feel very un-centred, and not inhabiting my body properly.

--
grub (Gordon Grieder)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2009 10:57AM by grub.

Re: Psychforums.com thread regarding Landmark Education
Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: July 12, 2009 04:11PM

Interesting. Well spotted!

John

Posted by: Excalibur ()
Date: July 13, 2009 03:33AM

grub
Landmark claims they weed out people with mental health issues, should this person not have been excluded from the "course"?

Knowing Landmark, they don't care nearly as much about an individual's mental health issues as they do about how much green stuff they have.

Posted by: Lars Bergwik ()
Date: July 13, 2009 03:49AM

landmark technology is all in the head - they don't think feelings are worth anything.

When you enter landmark world you become very head orientated. After a while your body will tell you that there is something below the neck :-)

Some people break down totally after having been head orientated. They burn out since they do not listen to their bodies (except for the brain).

Lars Bergwik

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.