landmark Forum graduation!
Posted by: lovebunny ()
Date: October 20, 2004 01:20PM

:) Well group I have just returend from the "graduation" so I want to give you my thoughts and my experience. The first day was ok, I was onto the playing field early becuase berry terry was using the Harvard study to establish some credibility for himself. It's not supposed to be used for that according to Mark Kamine from Landmark headquarters and it doesn't have any real cridiblity after peer review from Harvard. He quickly informed me that I had a "screw you" attitude "racquet" I didn't argue with that's whats so and so what. It picked up the energy in the room though.
The second day was so increbly boring the shares were so shallow adn berry didn't really pull anyone out. He was laying the groundwork. Finally on sat night the Fear process was pretty good, I got some pretty good tears and mild sobbing going whcih was hard and it helped to get things going I guess. But it was so shallow there was no deep sobbing , no sreaming no fear, however I did get a pretty good laugh out of it. It was so lightweight it was like kindergarten. It fired up the others though. It shows you how masterful berry was at steering that group anywhere he wanted them to go.
Whenever I asked berry about anything the answer was always it's just a story and who are you gonna enroll. Aparrently the answer to all the worlds probalby is everyone shoudl do the Landmark forum. That just aint so. Thers's so much more out there. Now that i know more about NLP and HYPNOSIS I can see how it was used in a delberate and manipulative way unethically in my opinion. I know you guys don't understand this as it takes quite a bit of study.
The final day the big 90% or whatever was a big letdown of course. I was hoping he would come up with something new and original. It doesn't surprise me taht it all comes back ZEN.
Anyway the whole thing was really boring and I should have rememberd that I already got it. Just had to check it out for myself though. I treid to leave my preconcieved ideas out but of course they were there and I really do not trust this org much anyway. I put a real effort into and di all excercises and disciplines, all the phone calls everything. I sure am glad I didn't bother my mothe with it. I did call her several times but I really couldn't recommend this to anyone I cared about. I have other grousp schools of thought and nonprofits I would rather contribute to. Landmark is such a commerical operation it really turns me off. The thing that concerns me is some of those people got stirrd up emotionally but there was never any real resolution in a prfessional way. Berry had that ability but he just wouldn't spend the time to work anybody to relsolution. Heres' wher the commerical nature gets in the way. they couldn't maek any money that way. It consernes me that these peole were hung out and left in a poor state. Anyway I'll attend the seminar in action for a while but I gota move on. I don't see how I could use any of this without sounding totally jargon. You just can't do that in the real world. I'm gonna try to get something out of it and give it some testing.
Well what is you feedback, remember this is sharing not dumping. How can i use any of this?

Options: ReplyQuote
landmark Forum graduation!
Posted by: lanajae ()
Date: October 21, 2004 02:46AM

lovebunny

I know you guys don't understand this as it takes quite a bit of study.

Well what is you feedback, remember this is sharing not dumping. How can i use any of this?

I think it's been very helpful for you already, it confirmed your feeling of superiority.

Why did you feel the need to go to the graduation? Why are you going to do some of the forum in action before you move on?

Who got who?

I'm sure that any Landmark leader who reads your posts will laugh all the way to the bank.

I'm not trying to be mean, but from a person who's only seen what Landmark did to a friend, your posts are written like someone who "got it" and got it good.

If you want to use what you learned, try to find out why you went into this wanting to come out feeling like you were superior to the leaders and why you think you're the only person who could protect yourself from their tactics - have you considered that they wanted you to feel that way? Read about narcissistic personality disorder. Read about people who have a great self image, but have low self esteem. Think back to your childhood or past and see if there was a time when you felt all alone and knew that you were the only person you could depend on. Do people often tell you how intelligent you are? Do you make friends and then later discover that they don't get things on the same level you do?

I think there could be a benefit for you from this if you use it to discover and define who you are and if you're willing to live with being that person.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.