Current Page: 20 of 28
Re: NXIVM and the Dalai Lama
Posted by: bigskeptic ()
Date: August 25, 2010 02:29AM

It is giving expians a place to post and relive their experiences which is a good thing. It is also a great source of reliable information, as far as I can tell from those I know. Some of what is written is just foolish people making foolish comments, but I try to take that with a grain of salt because most of what is there is good, reliable stuff we all want to know. FYI- V-week, the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of, begins today and runs through Sept. 1st. Hopefully, John will be there with his camera!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sulawesi2010 ()
Date: August 25, 2010 04:22AM

The recent posts about siobhan h seem to have hit a nerve. I wonder how many members are following the blog.

Date: August 25, 2010 04:31AM

If I had to guess, I'd say they are all reading it. I'm pretty surprized that more aren't posting.

Posted by: Christa ()
Date: October 07, 2010 03:20PM

Fascinating, informative article, photos, AND video. For some reason, I'm surprised to see this kind of serious, in-depth information about a dangerous group in the popular press. Maybe NXIVM is finally starting to crumble.

From the Times Union article:

"It felt like a very safe, very safe environment," she said. "It did not end well."

Her story, she said, may be useful to people proposing to join or already studying at NXIVM, something she would not recommend. She is one of an estimated 12,000 people who have gone through programs offered by the business during its 13 years, about 500 of whom have become coaches, as Friedman was to become at the time she abruptly left.

"Yeah, I think it's a cult," Friedman said at the dinner table of the modest home she shares with her family and a few pets not far from the funky downtown of Woodstock. "I definitely acknowledge there are good parts to it. ... You have to have a good hook. They had me hooked but not enough."
[www.timesunion.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2010 03:22PM by Christa.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: October 07, 2010 07:48PM

That was a good article from the times union. It is unfortunate that Friedman plugs 'Zero Limits' as a helpful book in the last paragraph.
'Dr' Joe Vitale and 'Dr' Hew Len run their own mini ladder of manipulation, aimed at seekers with doubts about self-worth, with the book as an entry hook to a continuing series of expensive seminars and courses.

[www.mrfire.com]

James Ray features in the glowing endorsements, as do a few notorious hard-sell info marketers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2010 07:51PM by Stoic.

Date: October 07, 2010 10:52PM

One of 'Dr' Joe Vitale's claims to fame is that he invented 'hypnotic writing' and has written several books on that theme. All his writings are a blatant sales pitch for his various products, and may well be hypnotic to some readers.

Date: October 08, 2010 01:32AM

For more information go to

saratogaindecline.blogspot.com

Posted by: Christa ()
Date: October 08, 2010 05:27PM

Everybody, you simply must click the link below and watch Keith Raniere talk about his crack-brained child-rearing ideas and about some new ecological website, Theplanetpride. He's even got a cool new Planetpride lapel button (oddly, he has no lapel) to publicize this site.

If only the interviewer could ask this planet if she's proud of Raniere.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2010 05:31PM by Christa.

Posted by: sulawesi2010 ()
Date: October 08, 2010 08:16PM

From [www.mrfire.com]

"This means that terrorist activity, the president, the economy--anything you experience and don't like--is up for you to heal. They don't exist, in a manner of speaking, except as projections from inside you. The problem isn't with them, it's with you, and to change them, you have to change you."

I'm afraid I will have to disagree with this man's philosophies...I am just about responsible for myself on a good day, I'm not responsible for anyone else, nor they for me!

There's just too much garbage out there touted as 'self-help'...why can people not just get on with living their lives instead of over-analysing their heads?

Date: October 09, 2010 06:53AM

@sulawesi2010,

I flagged up the 'Zero Limits' plug just in case anyone in retreat from NXIVM took the plug at face value and fell into the clutches of mr fire. His operation is similarly structured to NXIVM, but on a much smaller scale.

Current Page: 20 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.