Posted by: bigskeptic ()
Date: June 20, 2010 10:20PM

Well, this should be interesting....

[saratogaindecline.blogspot.com]:

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NXIVM and the Dalai Lama
Posted by: enufalready ()
Date: June 21, 2010 07:44AM

I don't believe Barabara is an innocent victim. I wouldn't wish what she's going through on anyone, but I don't feel an ounce of sympathy for her. She was ruthless and would tell you anything you wanted to hear to get you in the door and part with your money. This is a case of what goes around, comes around ... for the entire lot of them.

Posted by: sulawesi2010 ()
Date: June 21, 2010 06:55PM

I can't believe they were/are considering setting up in Northern Ireland, will have to investigate and oppose wholeheartedly.

RE: NXIVM
Posted by: Monitor NXIVM ()
Date: June 21, 2010 10:47PM

The story about Gailen is at: [saratogaindecline.blogspot.com]. It's even worse than you can imagine.

Date: June 21, 2010 11:33PM

Has this story came from a reliable source or is it all hearsay? There are lots of claims that I am not sure can be substantiated unless someone on the inside is a whistle-blower e.g. the nannies, no contact with other children etc

What are the sources for this story?

Posted by: pinkunicorn ()
Date: June 22, 2010 09:00AM

sulawesi2010
Has this story came from a reliable source or is it all hearsay? There are lots of claims that I am not sure can be substantiated unless someone on the inside is a whistle-blower e.g. the nannies, no contact with other children etc

What are the sources for this story?

According to the author of the blog:

"I used 4 sources. Sometimes it is hard. Four people all see an accident but each as there own prospective. Their e-mails and contacts have all been shredded and bleached along with purging my hard drive. They, as they asked to be are untraceable."

With the way NXIVM ties people up in litigation and drives them to bankruptcy, I'm really not surprised that they would want to hide their identities. Of course, this comes with the price of not being able to assess the credibility of the first hand witnesses, and relies on only trusting the secondary source, i.e. the blog author.

Date: June 22, 2010 03:52PM

This is where the challenge lies. There is so much info out there about NXIVM, including the stuff they put out themselves, that it's important to balance all of it with hard evidence. It means someone from the inner circle going on the record and potentially putting themselves in Barbara Bouchey's position of being sued from every angle...not very appealing. However, four people relating 'an incident' (i presume that is what was meant by the author of the blog) separately isn't an ideal source of reliable information.

Maybe I'm just hoping too much that it isn't true.

Posted by: pinkunicorn ()
Date: June 22, 2010 08:00PM

sulawesi2010
However, four people relating 'an incident' (i presume that is what was meant by the author of the blog) separately isn't an ideal source of reliable information.

I do not see four people relating an "incident" in the blog's article. I see four people who have inside knowledge of what is actually going concerning this child, in particular, the actions and motivations of Raniere, if the said story is true. Having four people relate the events increases the chances of the story being true instead of one because it is typically more unlikely for four people to conspire together and commit a lie rather than a single individual, depending upon the credibility of the witnesses. The term "accident" (not incident) was used to analogize the possible difficulty of filtering out four different perspectives into a coherent story as the blog author attempted to do, just like police officers attempt to do at a scene of an accident.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2010 08:01PM by pinkunicorn.

Date: June 22, 2010 09:34PM

pinkunicorn

I do not see four people relating an "incident" in the blog's article. I see four people who have inside knowledge of what is actually going concerning this child, in particular, the actions and motivations of Raniere, if the said story is true. Having four people relate the events increases the chances of the story being true instead of one because it is typically more unlikely for four people to conspire together and commit a lie rather than a single individual, depending upon the credibility of the witnesses. The term "accident" (not incident) was used to analogize the possible difficulty of filtering out four different perspectives into a coherent story as the blog author attempted to do, just like police officers attempt to do at a scene of an accident.

Thanks Pink Unicorn, that actually makes much more sense, and unfortunately a much more compelling argument for at least some elements of this story to be true. I hope that social services can intervene, I can't believe this boy's birth mother was friends with the woman in NXIVM who has allowed this to take place. Who on earth is going to pick up the pieces for this kid later on?

Keith Raniere's NXIVM Golden Child “Gailen"
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: June 23, 2010 02:37AM

In the situation where there is legitimate concern that a child is being mistreated or abused, in everyday life (or cultic situations) they are obligated to report that to the local child protective authorities.
If a person is a teacher or medical authority, they are literally obligated to file a report.

Then the local authorities have to look into it.
If a person has knowledge of a child being mistreated, then its a moral duty to file reports with the local child protective services, and the police, local politicians, and everyone else until someone in authority listens and investigates.

[saratogaindecline.blogspot.com]
Keith Raniere's NXIVM Golden Child “Gailen"
"Saratoga County protective services"

Current Page: 16 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.