Current Page: 4 of 7
Can I survive a trip to the Landmark Forum?
Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: October 30, 2004 10:29AM

Toyer--

the director-writers of the [i:a8ae6c91ad]Matrix[/i:a8ae6c91ad] trilogy did take LEC and, apparently, derive inspiration from same. (that and the "shocking plot twist" of countless prior sf tales.) (by a coincidence, did Carrie-Anne Moss who played Trinity, the female lead, had taken LEC too.)

neat irony that the metaphor of the Matrix makes an easy metaphor for Landmark itself if you look at it that way. (or it does in the first film anyway. by the end of the third film, anyone's guess as to what it may mean.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Toyer ()
Date: October 30, 2004 12:07PM

the director-writers of the Matrix trilogy did take LEC and, apparently, derive inspiration from same. (that and the "shocking plot twist" of countless prior sf tales.) (by a coincidence, did Carrie-Anne Moss who played Trinity, the female lead, had taken LEC too.)

Wow, I didn't know that. I guess I will sign up for the Landmark Forum now.

:shock:

Just kidding. Trying to add a little humor there. Sorry if I pissed anyone off. I had read several things about the W-bros sources. The biggest being Neo-Con. But also philsophies of Kirkengaard, Kant, etc. if Landmark wants to claim The Matrix films for their own, I'm not going to try to stop them.

Posted by: Montreal ()
Date: October 30, 2004 11:35PM

Acid Reindeer
Toyer--

the director-writers of the [i:501da7ba11]Matrix[/i:501da7ba11] trilogy did take LEC and, apparently, derive inspiration from same. (that and the "shocking plot twist" of countless prior sf tales.) (by a coincidence, did Carrie-Anne Moss who played Trinity, the female lead, had taken LEC too.)

neat irony that the metaphor of the Matrix makes an easy metaphor for Landmark itself if you look at it that way. (or it does in the first film anyway. by the end of the third film, anyone's guess as to what it may mean.)

What a coincidence, that "The Matrix" is showing up on the board and that you mentioned that the directors of "The Matrix" took LEC.

I was doing some research this week to see how LE, Toltec Teachings (Carlos Castaneda), Yoga, Meditation, Telepathy, Martial Arts and The Matrix related together. For these are things that were written on my ex b/f's, new Landmarkian g/f's profile, whom he got involved with a little over 3 months ago. I've had no news from him, for over 2 weeks now, so I would guess that the LE Forum course he took in September has finally kicked in, :(

Strangely enough, they all do link together, in one way or another. They also link "Shamanism" to this.

The Path: A Practical Approach to Sorcery
[www.bookcounter.com]

Posted by: Toyer ()
Date: October 31, 2004 05:25AM

There is one thing I need to clarify. Most of the time my g/f is fine, mostly normal. We went with friends (non LEC people) to haunted houses this week, and all was good. We went to the beach the other week, and all was great. The issues for me are this:

1) Whenever we get into any sort of philosophical or psych discussion, her base is from that of LEC and it's, as I believe you all know, gobbly-goop, to say the least, and ends up the same morass that every other post on here has described.

2) I'm worried about her on-going interest and "training" in LEC, and concenred about this Advanced Course. Worried that it will push her to the edge that many of you describe where LEC tells her that she must either recruit, or cut off people that are not LEC.

Date: October 31, 2004 05:49AM

I had read several things about the W-bros sources. The biggest being Neo-Con. But also philsophies of Kirkengaard, Kant, etc. if Landmark wants to claim The Matrix films for their own, I'm not going to try to stop them.

I heard from a friend that the Washowskis had done Landmark and when I did some research on the WWW the information seemed to check out.

the information that Carrie-Anne Moss took the SELP course and took it at around the same time as she made the first time came, ISTR, came from the Last Free City messageboard. the search engine there directed me to a LOTR messageboard, for some reason.

Date: October 31, 2004 05:57AM

What a coincidence, that "The Matrix" is showing up on the board and that you mentioned that the directors of "The Matrix" took LEC.

no coincidence. go back and re-read my post.

I was doing some research this week to see how LE, Toltec Teachings (Carlos Castaneda), Yoga, Meditation, Telepathy, Martial Arts and The Matrix related together.

to give a quick and dirty exoteric explanation, they fall into the category of self-development and tend to appeal to the same broad marketing niche.

Posted by: elena ()
Date: November 03, 2004 03:18AM

Toyer

1) Whenever we get into any sort of philosophical or psych discussion, her base is from that of LEC and it's, as I believe you all know, gobbly-goop, to say the least, and ends up the same morass that every other post on here has described.

2) I'm worried about her on-going interest and "training" in LEC, and concenred about this Advanced Course. Worried that it will push her to the edge that many of you describe where LEC tells her that she must either recruit, or cut off people that are not LEC.

Hi Toyer,

Because the Landmark "training/programming" targets the deepest parts of the subconsious at an almost primitive, pre-verbal, or pre-conscious level where vague impressions and interpretations of reality are fused with convictions, "certainties," prejudices, biases, and/or beliefs, the effects can be anything from subtle to a drastic change in personality or outright psychotic break. What you've said above reminds me of the hypnosis experiments in which a subject is given a post-hypnotic suggestion to do something silly, irrational, or bizarre and then asked to explain himself. In the example I read, a student was told to get up in the middle of a class and walk over to the window and shout at people in the street. On returning to his seat, his explanation of his strange behavior to the professor is that he is "conducting" some sort of study for a paper he is planning to write on people's reactions to the shouted warnings of strangers. Quite a post-hoc reasoning feat, when you think about it. Evidently, most people are so reluctant to accept their own inexplicable behavior, they will "confabulate" a rationale. In your friend's case, they have changed what she "knows" at this level, but she has yet to work out the "logical," "reasonable," or "rational" cover.

And yes, as she gets deeper and deeper into it, she will probably lose interest in trying to "explain" things to you and will prefer to talk and spend time with her other "transformed" friends. It becomes a closed or self-feeding system, at that point. Many are trapped in a perpetual loop of narcissistic self-involvement and introspection. The outside world and people and information from the outside are discounted, explained away, distorted, or dismissed. This losing touch or loosening the grip on (outside) reality can mimic other forms of emotional illness or insanity. After all, they are messing with people's information gathering and decision making functions. Werner used to say he was "blowing people's minds," and laugh about it.

One of the more dangerous aspects of the Landmark stuff, in my opinion, involves confirming and strengthening the unhealthy, "dysfuntional" tendencies some people arrive with. In other words, if they are somewhat neurotic, Landmark makes them more so. It they are slightly narcissistic, Landmark pushes them further along the continuum. If they are tending to arrogance or self-importance, Landmark fuels them to higher and higher "aspirations." Fueling grandiose expectations and pumping people into "success" frenzies just sets them up for disappointment and the manic/depressive cycle that others have talked about on this site. Since most of us have some neurotic or "dysfunctional" tendencies, the "improvement" aspects of the Landmark training are likely to be offset by deterioration in some other area. Not the sort of thing Landmark will ever disclose.

Even if there were no other reason, the posts made on this website by Landmark "apologists" and fans should serve as example or warning of the types of thinking, presentation, logic, appeal, argument, and discussion they are capable of. Pretty pathetic, over all.

Ellen

Date: November 05, 2004 12:01AM

Acid Reindeer

I had read several things about the W-bros sources. The biggest being Neo-Con. But also philsophies of Kirkengaard, Kant, etc. if Landmark wants to claim The Matrix films for their own, I'm not going to try to stop them.

""If you watch The Matrix again, and then go see Reloaded again, you begin to notice some very unusual similarities between Neo’s entrance into the matrix [b:59958d6091]and what many have experienced as initiation into a very specific kind of cult[/b:59958d6091]. And it’s the media, not just the message, of the cult’s recruiting techniques that are employed throughout the film—aggressive spam marketing, a come-on from a club girl hottie, an anonymous hotel room pitch, and then invasion of your entire life.

Here are some chief characteristics of a cult, and key lines from The Matrix and The Matrix: Reloaded that went unrecognized until now . . .""

[www.metaphilm.com]

Date: November 16, 2004 11:02PM

[b:ca4580b16e]I have managed to fight it off for a few months now but my g/f who is heavy into LM has laid down the law. Either I go to the forum or our relationship will be "completed".[/b:ca4580b16e]

Questioning Minds???

Did you leave your g/f or did you go take the "Forum"?

Date: November 17, 2004 12:44AM

[b:a624c72b1f]I am not sure what I'll be doing next. I know from research here and other sites, that when people get immersed in such things (cults, or whatever one wants to call Landmark), that logic and intellectual reason will not change their mind. It's usually an emotional exhaustion that does [/b:a624c72b1f]

Hello Toyer,

I came across this site, it will give you a clear idea of their logic. Everything that happens in their life, they are linking it to Landmark, whether for answers or what they will do next.

[groups.yahoo.com]

Hope that you have figured what to do.

Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.