Landmarkian Harrassment
Posted by: widow73 ()
Date: October 12, 2004 10:48AM

From reading the posts, i have read of many experiences of the Landmark Forum destroying relationships. I have had an ex-boyfriend become involved in the Landmark Forum who continually harasses me despite the fact I have tried to end the 'friendship'. I got the usual zealot phone call when he did the forum, did my research on the internet and was horrified by what he got himself involved in and told him I no longer wanted any contact between us.

From some posts i got the impression that the Landmarkians would end friendships. My ex-boyfriend continually bombards me with text messages, emails and phone calls. Thing is he lives in England and I live in New Zealand. I never reply to any of his attempts at contact, yet the contents of his emails would suggest we have a continuing connection. I'm at my wit's end. Is there any end in sight that he will give up...this had been going on for nine months (and from the other side of the world)!

Options: ReplyQuote
Landmarkian Harrassment
Posted by: lanajae ()
Date: October 12, 2004 12:31PM

I can't reply with any Landmark experience, but just wanted to say that I'm sorry this is happening to you. Maybe you could send a registered letter to him saying that any further attempts to contact you will be considered harassment and you will be notifying the authorities in England and New Zealand.

I'm sure that just as people leave family and friends behind after Landmark, there's another group that sees it as a way to re-connect with someone. If you were the one that ended the relationship and he didn't want to, he probably thinks that if you "got" Landmark, then you would magically get back together. Maybe that was the one and only goal he had for himself there.

Landmarkian Harrassment
Posted by: Montreal ()
Date: October 12, 2004 01:12PM

[b:b55b4195fa]My ex-boyfriend continually bombards me with text messages, emails and phone calls. [/b:b55b4195fa]

Hello Widow,

You have several options opened to you, if it's truly getting under your skin.

- Block & Delete his email address from your email account

- Block & Delete him from your contact list.

- Get yourself a new email address and forward it to your contacts.

- Get call/number display on your telephone, it will allow you to see his phone-number when he calls, and you don't have to pick the phone up.

- Get yourself a private/unlisted new telephone number.

If he still finds a way to contact you after all this, then warn him that the next time he does, you will call the authorities and file a complaint for harrassement!!!

You can always stick his email address on all that is available on the net, so he will be too busy deleting SPAM, that he has no more time to send emails anymore, lolllllll,,,,

Landmarkian Harrassment
Posted by: widow73 ()
Date: October 13, 2004 11:35AM

Thank you for your tips, I have already tried some of them especially the caller ID. He has been crafty in that respect. He has phoned with the number with held (but so does my mother) and with international codes from China etc(i have a cousin who lives there) so he catches me unaware and i hang up. Its like hes trying to will into existance a relationship.

Also with the time differences the hours he is calling is very early in the morning or very late at night his time....hasn't he got anything better to do? He claimed to do the landmark for 'personal development' but i wish he'd get a 'life'. I've heard through a mutal friend he is now unemployed and i'm beginning to understand why.

I have now contacted a friend of his in NZ to intervene on my behalf - the good fortune is the friend is a Police Officer, so hopefully it will end soon.

Thanks for the outlet to vent. I am so grateful this message board is here and i am not alone in my experiences.

Landmarkian Harrassment
Posted by: Montreal ()
Date: October 14, 2004 05:27AM

[b:27f99e4a08]Thanks for the outlet to vent. I am so grateful this message board is here and i am not alone in my experiences[/b:27f99e4a08]

Oh you're not alone!!!! I came here the exact same way, needed to vent about what Landmark did to my personal life and found this board to be quite helpful in understanding many things.

I thank the many people that are here because of their personal experience, and sharing what they learnt to help others.....

Montreal

Landmarkian Harrassment
Posted by: Templar ()
Date: October 14, 2004 05:46AM

People usually get the hint after the first and only 'lets play a game of hide and go fuck yourself, Ill start counting'.

Landmarkian Harrassment
Posted by: lanajae ()
Date: October 14, 2004 06:12AM

Templar
People usually get the hint after the first and only 'lets play a game of hide and go fuck yourself, Ill start counting'.

LOL, yeah a normal person would get that hint. This guy is creating possibilities with those phone calls, text messages and emails.

Hopefully he's creating the possibility of getting arrested if he doesn't stop.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.