Discovery-training
Posted by: hockey-jack ()
Date: October 12, 2004 04:00AM

I have a very dear friend who has attended two "discovery" seminars. These seminars are run by Fred Lowder. From all that I read and seen in her, these seminars are just another LGAT. For the most part, I'm just looking for someone who knows a little bit more on this particular group. As far as I can tell, they are only offered in Dallas and the only "name" I can find is Discovery Training. Thanks in advance for any help!

Options: ReplyQuote
Discovery-training
Posted by: Montreal ()
Date: October 12, 2004 06:22AM

hockey-jack
I have a very dear friend who has attended two "discovery" seminars. These seminars are run by Fred Lowder. From all that I read and seen in her, these seminars are just another LGAT. For the most part, I'm just looking for someone who knows a little bit more on this particular group. As far as I can tell, they are only offered in Dallas and the only "name" I can find is Discovery Training. Thanks in advance for any help!

Hello Hockey-Jack,

I personally never heard of Discovery Training, but from just taking a quick look at their home-site, it seems to have the same concept of "Give me your money, and we will show you what to do with your life" If they use the same methods & tactics as other LGAT's groups,??????

Maybe others on the board can help you with this,,

Good luck in your research,

[www.discovery-training.com]

[www.obesityhelp.com]

Discovery-training
Posted by: hockey-jack ()
Date: October 12, 2004 11:43PM

All she can ever manage to tell me about the "training" is that she lost a lot of emotional baggage.

She is normally a very financial conscious individual. Rarely charges things on her credit card without immediately paying them off. She has run up a credit card on various and assorted things without much care.

She has driven 8 hours to go visit with her "group" for the weekend.

She has a "buddy" whom she calls and sings a buddy song to daily.

She has a notebook and homework. She couldn't sleep when she first got back.

At the seminar, she "cried and cried and cried". She sat so close to people that she was almost touching them. She has never been a touchy feely person and suddenly feels the need to hug everyone.

She has stopped taking anti-depressant medication prescribed by a therapist. I haven't heard her mention seeing the therapist since her return from the first "discovery" weekend.

She makes it a point to say that she is happy. And if a "negative" comment is brought up, she clearly tries to avoid/ignore her feelings because she is CHOOSING to be happy.

These seminars were long and involved. Very little time to sleep & eat.

She was told by her sponsor to "trust the program".

I'm sorry this has gotten so long, but I was trying to think of all the things that have set bells off in my head. I am more terrified for her than many can imagine. The fallout for this may be tremendous for her.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.