Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
A friend in Landmark, I can't get past the feeling of dread
Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: June 26, 2007 06:27AM

lanajae
I knew I hadn't gotten through because the reply started with this phrase:

None of what you say is wrong nor is any of it true, it is what it is and I chose to make it what I want.

THIS IS NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: June 26, 2007 06:46AM

Alex_Rush
I'm suggesting that a better understanding of his perspective will allow you to communicate better with him, and to do that, you need to understand view of people who like Landmark (not fanatics, but just like it). That's about it.

Communicate with a brainwashed, soul-bleached Lekkie? Easier to try and talk to 2 and 3 year old children! In fact, an advocate of Landmark (applies to most LGATs) is much like a toddler with his/her mind set on something. Believe me, I've tried warning potential victims and I've tried to talk to them after their indoctrination. I don't have enough hairs left on head to pull in frustration! And I'm not suggesting to them anymore than 'look at the body of evidence'. Doesn't it bother you? Why don't you ask your 'coach' about this ands that!

Blank. Frown. And then a change of subject!

They're in too deep and can't even see my mouth moving!

Date: June 26, 2007 06:55AM

lanajae
skeptic
A good friend of mine who I tried for a few years to recruit ended up in the lgat, on someone else's dime (my sister's). I met him at the airport upon his return, very curious to see what he thought, because he was stubborn and skeptical too and had had NO interest when I had tried recruiting him. I was [i:cf4f202354]astounded[/i:cf4f202354] that he LOVED the "course". I marvelled at the ability of the lgat to capture someone like [i:cf4f202354]him[/i:cf4f202354], yet I was also confident that it could be done, if ONLY he'd go through it. I knew there was some special "power" in that lgat and I wish that would have been a red flag for me. Now I know: the power of psychological manipulation.

And, no surprise, he became even more of an asshole-narcissist; he was one already but the lgat made him much, much worse. UGH.

skeptic

That's sad! How long have you been out? Is it hard, is your sister still involved?

The guy I know went through that bigger asshole phase, but now he seems depressed, but not how I'd normally think of depression, more like empty but functioning as far as working, etc. He's become secretive and business-like, but once in a while we see a little bit of the old him. I'm hoping that eventually he'll be able to talk about it like some of the people here. If only to acknowledge that he was harmed and it wasn't his fault.

I've been out over five years. My sister says that she is out, and I don't think she attends any more "courses" or social functions but she still seems "programmed" to me. I still can't relate to her. In fact when I'm around her, I feel kind of sick. Some horrible things happened between us after she went through the lgat and I don't know how to overcome the damage. I'm in a big stalemate regarding her.

sigh,
skeptic

p.s. I hate lgats with a PASSION!!!!!!!

Date: June 26, 2007 07:01AM

Jack Oskar Larm
Alex_Rush
I'm suggesting that a better understanding of his perspective will allow you to communicate better with him, and to do that, you need to understand view of people who like Landmark (not fanatics, but just like it). That's about it.

Communicate with a brainwashed, soul-bleached Lekkie? Easier to try and talk to 2 and 3 year old children! In fact, an advocate of Landmark (applies to most LGATs) is much like a toddler with his/her mind set on something. Believe me, I've tried warning potential victims and I've tried to talk to them after their indoctrination. I don't have enough hairs left on head to pull in frustration! And I'm not suggesting to them anymore than 'look at the body of evidence'. Doesn't it bother you? Why don't you ask your 'coach' about this ands that!

Blank. Frown. And then a change of subject!

They're in too deep and can't even see my mouth moving!

I had the same reaction when I read what Alex wrote. Then I thought about the few who seem able to "communicate" with the clones. Even though some can do it, I am not one of them. I'd need some (probably extensive) training, and patience I, too, no longer have. I've tried for several years with my sister, and I now have a full appreciation for how deep, ugly and impenetrable the programming can go.

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: June 26, 2007 07:07AM

It's bloody hard, I know, Skeptic. We're left with two options: be really, really patient or walk away. Neither option is easy. Like I said, bloody hard. With people in the family I now just avoid the topic altogether and try to carry on.

Posted by: lanajae ()
Date: June 26, 2007 07:47AM

elena
skeptic

Re ellen's post, damn, it sickens me now to remember all the implanted nonsensical, but cool-sounding I thought, new-age/lgat jargon I loaded my language with, for years! I am still purging those words. I have to intentionally substitute and avoid using them. I HATE THEM. They are so phoney, haughty and sickening.

Yes, they ruined some perfectly good words.

Any others you can think of that are particularly pesky?

Ellen

Have you seen the documentary called "Language Does Not Lie?" It's often on Sundance Channel and is about how the Nazis changed language for programming. It's very interesting because they started by taking words used for mechancial functions and changed them to organic/human function.

Posted by: elena ()
Date: June 26, 2007 07:51AM

There were a couple of posters here a while back who had been Landmark employees. They used Landmark against the Landmark defenders in ways none of us outsiders or mere followers could ever do -- in other words, they used it as a weapon in the same way I imagine it's used inside the cult. They were both a hoot, and very, very wise to the ways the manipulation can destroy people. Good guys both, who didn't know what they were getting into until it was too late. They both suffered mightily.

Too bad "gc" nuked all his posts but you can still pull up Guy's. Together and individually they were a force to be reckoned with.

Ellen

Posted by: lanajae ()
Date: June 26, 2007 08:33AM

skeptic
I've been out over five years. My sister says that she is out, and I don't think she attends any more "courses" or social functions but she still seems "programmed" to me. I still can't relate to her. In fact when I'm around her, I feel kind of sick. Some horrible things happened between us after she went through the lgat and I don't know how to overcome the damage. I'm in a big stalemate regarding her.

sigh,
skeptic

p.s. I hate lgats with a PASSION!!!!!!!

I hope that eventually your sister comes around. I cannot imagine what it would be like to have an immediately family member in this.

A weird thing happened today - we haven't seen the guy I wrote about for a few months and he stopped over today (I didn't see him, he visited with my husband and had a few beers) - I actually hadn't thought about Landmark for all that time and got the message that someone posted on this thread this morning so came to read who resurrected a dead post. So.. it was either a coincidence or maybe he's reading here - maybe I better change my ID lol

Date: June 26, 2007 09:57AM

...Here's an example of what I was referring to earlier. It's a link to a thread in which Guy tackles a particularly obstinate Landmark "fan," JackSF and you can get an idea of what I mean. GC's posts are gone but you can infer something of their content from the responses.

[tinyurl.com]

Ellen

Date: June 26, 2007 10:06AM

lanajae

Have you seen the documentary called "Language Does Not Lie?" It's often on Sundance Channel and is about how the Nazis changed language for programming. It's very interesting because they started by taking words used for mechancial functions and changed them to organic/human function.

No. Sounds good. One thing thing that sort of sets narcissists apart from the rest of us neurotic types is their pride in being mechanical or machine-like in the "lean, mean, fighting machine" or something similar mold. They often describe themselves in these terms, being cut off of incapable of any real emotional life. Alexander Lowen talks about this in his little book, "Narcissism," which I highly recommend.

Ellen

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.