Current Page: 5 of 8
Re: Landmark trying to reinvent themselves?
Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: May 04, 2009 03:16PM

Amhebera
No.

And it's funny how lynch mobish this forum can be. I've decided the best bet is to simply not take this seriously.

if you think this is 'lynch mobish', try stating openly to Landmark that you think their practices are abusive in any way at all, or just call the Landmark Forum a big scamming money grab publicly, and you will see how a real lynch mob operates.

Amhebera
My "smoothness" is a combination of being a writer, trying to look at things honestly, and being the kind of person who plays devils advocate. I'm the kind of person who would seem like a landmark basher in a pro landmark crowd, and apparantly I seem like a Landmark booster in an anti landmark crowd.

but you're not being honest. Your expressions of compassion and empathy towards anyone who has been harmed by Landmark is not sincere, if you were being sincere, you wouldn't be trying to promote Landmark in the next breath.

If you are a writer, your writing can only be slanted toward your biases and beliefs, because you are not researching the topic of Landmark very objectively. I understand why or how you would do this, simply because I understand how Landmark has conditioned you to think and has programmed your motivation. I don't hold any of this against you in a personal way, so give up the "I'm not wanted here" nonsense, I'm merely pointing out what I believe is a valid observation. If you want the truth, you are more sincerely 'wanted' here than you will ever be with Landmark. Landmark only wants you if you can make them money by bringing in the unsuspecting recruits, a place like this accepts anyone in need of support in their recovery from the damage caused by the Landmark Forum, unconditionally. If I went to a Landmark Forum and accused the organization of being what they are, a bunch of bottom feeding parasites, I would be threatened with legal action instantly. If a person comes to a site of this nature and defends any LGAT, they're going to get nailed as well, only not with legal action.

Amhebera
I have never and would never volunteer at landmark. I've dealt with assisting in the past with another organization and it was quite the nightmare.

and On2,

You are very wrong, so, you can be glad.

You are volunteering for Landmark just by attempting to defend and promote the Landmark Forum..on your own time, in your capacity as a writer. Landmark uses volunteers all the time, not all are aware that they are being used. If I am wrong about you, I apologize. If I am not wrong, I hope you will find your way out of the evil that is Landmark Education, soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2009 03:25PM by ON2 LF.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: May 04, 2009 06:23PM

Hi Amhebera,

If you would, please watch this France 3 documentary on Landmark Education and let us know what you think.

John

Posted by: elena ()
Date: May 05, 2009 12:13AM

caligari
One activity is predominant in Amhebera writing: the professed feeling of the pain, sympathy and identity to those who've not had good outcomes from Landmark.

Dollars to donuts he's going with the Landmark brainwash ~Landmark isn't for everybody~ and that the losers who fall by the wayside are too stupid, weak-willed, and dull to ~see the possibilities~ or some other such nonsense. The fact that the critics get on the internet and say bad things about Landmark is just some expression of their general ~negativity~ and some small annoyance to those in charge who would like to sweep these people under the carpet. Since that's not going to happen, Landmark has had to come up with a game plan that includes defusing the trouble-makers with fake empathy and not-so-slick arguments and pretenses. They would just love to be able to convince "victims" that they are the ones at fault for their own bad outcomes and that they should just go away and be quiet. I think it's ironic that they assign "newbies" this task. Where are the super-slick Landmark "masters?" Send a grown-up next time you tools.

Ellen

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: May 05, 2009 12:37AM

Could it be that trolling RR.com is a way to get promotion within certain organizations?

That way, if a person gets abused later on in that organization and leaves, they may feel afraid
to come onto RR.com fearing they made themselves unwelcome by loyally trolling here for their
organization--before discovering said organization set them up for abuse.

I once saw some mormon missionaries in a gay neighborhood. I am sure the poor kids got doors slammed in their
faces, given the role of the LDS in donating heavy money to thwart attempts to achieve same sex CIVIL MARRIAGES
in California.

Am sure the kids went to the missionary dorm feeling that the GLBT community was abusive and that they had spent the day as noble martyrs for their church.

But the kids probably never understood that the higher ranking elders who assigned them to go into a situatin where they were sure to be yelled at were really the true abusers--that the church they were loyal to, had puppetmastered
the situation by telling them to go into a neighborhood where feeling against the LDS ran justifiably high.

so...anyone who trolls here on instructions from an organizatin that they later discover has used and abused them....

Even if you are banned from RR.com, please feel free to come back if you discover your organization sucks.

If you are banned here you can come back later, if you are ready to function in a community where information is freely exhanged.

Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: May 05, 2009 02:05AM

elena
Where are the super-slick Landmark "masters?"

the "masters" are bottom feeding as trained to do, the "masters in-training" are standing in front of mirrors chanting "mirror mirror on the wall..." basically, they're all off somewhere practicing up to be like their perceived master Werner, the most spineless one of all.

"send a grown up next time you tools" ..can't stop laughing!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2009 02:10AM by ON2 LF.

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: May 05, 2009 05:52AM

To be fair to Amhebera who stated he/she was a writer, just because there may or may not be type-o's or punctuation errors doesn't disqualify this. He/she could be an unpublished fiction/short story writer, or even a published one (don't editors correct their writers mistakes?) or even a writer for a newspaper, comic book (illustrated novel for you fanatics) or poetry journal.

I, too, believe he/she is a "tad" out of line with some of the comments written (lynch-mobs to name a recent doozey) but let's be fair and not slam this person over petty symantics.

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: May 05, 2009 05:55AM

That being said, what Amhebera writes about LGATs and his/her petulant responses (lynch mobs) are certainly fair game to respond to.

Posted by: Amhebera ()
Date: May 05, 2009 04:14PM

caligari
One activity is predominant in Amhebera writing: the professed feeling of the pain, sympathy and identity to those who've not had good outcomes from Landmark.

Thank you.

Yes, I have been there. Big time. Many years ago.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 05, 2009 08:01PM

Did Amhebera ever say what specifically he or she is critical about concerning Landmark?

This seems to follow a similar pattern of others that have posted here posing as somehow neutral.

They will first claim that there is both "good and bad" in Landmark, but when asked to be specific what is bad, won't really be specific about what is wrong with the company.

They will then attempt to subtly or not so subtly subvert, obfuscate and/or pick apart whatever criticism is posted. And they will be specific about what is "good" about Landmark.

This leaves the impression that the any claimed neutrality regarding Landmark is more of a feigned device used for the purpose of disguising an effort to subvert a thread, rather than any genuine attitude.

And the increasingly nasty posts not approved ans some approved by Amhebera would tend to support this.

As such a supposedly "neutral" Landmark participant is pressed to answer specific questions and/or questioned critically, they will become increasingly irritated, and the real nature and purpose of his or her purpose of participation at this message board seems to come out.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: May 05, 2009 11:13PM

To supplement what Mr Ross has written:

This board has been running for 7 years, now. Landmark tried to sue us out of existence and not only failed to do so, the case was dismissed 'with prejudice', meaning LEC cannot sue RR.com again.

LEC wants to hog the microphone and control communication and cant stand the existence of anything where a viewpoint exists that cannot be controlled or disrupted by LEC or its volunteer minions.

We have seen this troll pattern hundreds of times.

Right now if you have a blog or forum or anything else with open comments, and you don't have a human moderator to watch it, you're going to wind up with a wasteland. As soon as more than one troll shows up, they will feed off each other until everyone else is gone. You have to control them.

And don't start talking about free speech; the troll's goal is to shut down speech, to either fill the channel with noise until no one can talk to each other, or to get everyone talking about him instead of the subject at hand.

He's a guy in a coffee shop screaming nonsense over a bullhorn.

[www.cracked.com]

(The entire article is worth reading, and the pictures that accompany the text are a riot)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2009 11:19PM by corboy.

Current Page: 5 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.