Current Page: 3 of 8
Re: Landmark trying to reinvent themselves?
Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: April 30, 2009 01:30AM

QUOTE from Amhebra

Sparky,

I see where you are coming from.

One of the problems is that this website lacks a feedback discussion board. That¡¦s why ntcmm posted on the tech support board and it¡¦s why I posted there too.

[/quote]

ntccm has only posted one message anywhere at Rick Ross and it was in the wrong location on the Tech support thread. I don't know how you can know that is why he/she posted there (because ncctm wanted a feedback discussion board) unless you know ntccm personally or are using ntccm as another moniker.

I am not even sure what ntcc is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2009 01:32AM by Sparky.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: April 30, 2009 06:58AM

Hi Amhebera,

Sorry for giving you a hard time, but as mentioned the people most chewed-out by the various groups are quite touchy (and suspicious) with anyone who they think is defending their offender.

I could even venture as far as to say that there might be a bit of "group think" going on with regards to various organisations being 100% evil. This gets a little ironic in a "cult mindset" kind of way. But you will find that you have freedom to vent and discuss. Truly.

Yes, we were having fun with you for a moment, in a "sense of humour" kind of way. You're welccome to poke fun at us too. It's a good healthy thing to be able to do.

John

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: May 01, 2009 02:04AM

here's a message from someone who's neighbor is harassing them about joining Landmark.

Landmark Forum's "creating happiness" seminar [forum.culteducation.com]

Landmark is truly one of the most obnoxious, vile, deceptive, damaging LGAT seminars in the world.
Their recruiting methods are often worse than Scientology, even Scientology will often back off when bluntly told to get lost.

But not Landmark. They are also trained to "Landmark" and obnoxiously attack people they are trying to recruit, to see if they can wound their self-esteem, and then take advantage of that.
They are trained to push and push, no matter how many times you say NO NO NO.

This is why people have to be extremely assertive when Landmark is harrassing to try to push them into joining Landmark.
The Landmark recruiters have to be treated just like any other deceptive and dangerous cult.

Landmark is truly vile organization, it literally is like a parasite or a virus.
And that would make Werner Erhard very proud indeed, its doing its job, extracting money like a parasite.

Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: May 01, 2009 09:34AM

Once a Lekkie get's it in their head they wan't everyone around them to have the same so called "happiness" that they are experiencing themselves they will continue to badger the people in their lives to join Landmark. They will even go as far as to hunt down long lost friends and try to convince them to join. Lekkies have been known to badger a person for years.

Posted by: bubbleboy ()
Date: May 01, 2009 10:45AM

Ummm....I think Landmark's tactics are general LGAT tactics, The Anticult.

My former roommate is in Impact (at the LMT level..which is formerly Trainer-in-Training). He had some friends over, a married couple in their 40's, and I got flat out ambushed. It's a good thing that I am an aggressive, strong willed, intense person. It was a good repellent.

Anyone who is reading this...STAY AWAY FROM LGAT's. They employ methods such as NLP.....NOT GOOD. Whether you are Mormon, Catholic, Protestant, Atheist....doesn't matter, they will strip you of your beliefs and replace them with their ideology. An ideology that will left you fettered, disturbed, empty, and alone.

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: May 01, 2009 11:31AM

John Fox, The Anticult and Zorro, good posts.

Keep Truth and Knowledge flowing.

Too many people are taking the word of LGAT "gods" and are running with it. As long as we keep telling folks the NONSENSE that these groups do and the mind-fucking that they inflict on innocents, then we have a noble cause. 'True Believers' are another issue altogether. 'They' are lost until they are so broken down that they can finally see the truth of how they hve been deluded.

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: May 01, 2009 02:37PM

Werner Erhard is a salesman. That is all he is.
He found out its easier to sell "nothing" than something.

Werner Erhard cut his teeth doing cold calls, and later sales-training. so he has embedded his sales-training techniques into the Landmark Forum.

Werner Erhard knew that the best salesmen, are unpaid, on commission, desperate, and believe in the product.
But he took it one step further.
He then figured out how to get the Landmark Grads to work for FREE to promote his for-profit products. He knows that the best salespeople are those who are like door-to-door recruiters for religious cults. They don't do it for the money.

So he figured out how to get Landmark Grads to believe about Landmark, like any other door-to-door cold-calling fanatical religious cult. He figured out how to make them feel the same way about Landmark as the Jehovah's Witnesses, for example. (the SGI cult does the same thing). [www.culteducation.com]

Which business on earth uses UNPAID LABOR to promote its products?
Only these LGAT cults like Landmark, and Werner Erhard figured out how to get them to do it.
Just indoctrinate them, exactly the same way as any other fanatical religious cult.

Posted by: Amhebera ()
Date: May 02, 2009 01:24AM

ExLand
Thanks for the update Amhebera.

I understand the difficulty you are having in understanding the amount of animosity you have suffered as a result of some of the posters on this thread.

I hope their comments are not intended to be insulting. I do not codone any kind of insulting behaviour but I do kind of understand where they are coming from.

I know you may be struggling to come to grips with my personal experience of the landmark forum, when it appears to be at odds with your personal experience of the same course. The facts are that I did the forum. I did have a psychotic breakdown as a result. I did have a serious car accident during my breakdown. I am still suffering the ill effects. I am on anti-psychotic medication. I have been labelled with schizophreniform disorder as well as bi-polar disorder. I survived two weeks of solid suicidal depression. I am seeing a psychologist. I had two distinct identities after attending the forum. I am lucky that I have found a pyschologist who understands mind control and is a TRAINED hypnotherapist, she has helped me to integrate my "landmark" identity with my original identity. I am well on my way to recovery. All I can ask of you is to use the amazing gift that all of us humans have- the ability to put ourselves in others shoes. Have some empathy for me as I have for you.

If there is one thing this whole landmark forum experience has taught me is that there are only victims of cults. Nobody willingly joins a cult, they use sophisticated language and tricks to lure people into their evil web.

I think you should educate yourself on the process of thought reform and mind control. This may give you a different perspective on landmark forum and all LGATs as well as other more mainstream cults.

A good place to start is at this page [www.culteducation.com].

Good luck. My life is NOT "empty and meaningless".

Hi exland and thank you for the post.

Your story touches me, it reaches me in a profound way. In fact, stories like yours make me think that maybe Landmark should be closed down, even though based on my own experience, I don't feel that way.

I absolutely have empathy for you and what you went through.

- - -

I'll also review your link. I'm behind on my homework in this forum, I need to read up on a few links.

- - -

and finally, I'm honestly not sure if I should say what I think on this forum or not.

When I do, I'm an apologist and a troll, and I don't want to get into a shoving match of disagreement. I think that's silly in every situation.

At the same time, I'm absolutely not a landmark assistant who runs around preaching it's strongpoints, but I fear, that I'm percieved that way. It really is a very odd place I find myself in on this board.

I'm also concerned that if I say things that debate what you said, on any level, that it might be a rude thing to do because your wounds are so fresh.

So, here's my question for you. Do you want debate, or would you prefer not?

Posted by: elena ()
Date: May 02, 2009 04:44AM

Amhebera

We've heard it all before, Amhebera. Some of us have been cult (Landmark) watching for decades.

Despite what you've been led to believe, it's not a debate when one of the sides has been brainwashed by his new-found ~awareness,~ "enlightenment," or "wisdom." It's only a tiresome litany of points and/or fake counter-points which were contrived by the manipulative psycho-scammers to suit their own purposes.

Give me an example of whatever it is you want to debate and I'll tell you where it ends up.

Ellen

Posted by: Amhebera ()
Date: May 02, 2009 09:11AM

elena
Amhebera

We've heard it all before, Amhebera. Some of us have been cult (Landmark) watching for decades.

Despite what you've been led to believe, it's not a debate when one of the sides has been brainwashed by his new-found ~awareness,~ "enlightenment," or "wisdom." It's only a tiresome litany of points and/or fake counter-points which were contrived by the manipulative psycho-scammers to suit their own purposes.

Give me an example of whatever it is you want to debate and I'll tell you where it ends up.

Ellen

What you, RR moderator, and a number of people seem to be missing is that I am neither for nor against.

It's like, you and others are making me into something I'm not and then you respond to things I didn't say.

It's very wierd.

Current Page: 3 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.