Current Page: 6 of 8
Dr. Phil, Oprah, etc.
Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: December 24, 2004 12:51PM

I tried to post some of this info, and the link to the article, in a number of different ways, on the Dr Phil messageboards.
None of them were posted.

The only postings today are ones that support Dr Phil's position.
[boards.drphil.com]

That letter was sent directly to Dr. Phil, and there has been NO RESPONSE from him.

Who knows what they are thinking over there, but in reality Dr. Phil is running a type of mass-media LGAT, and does not want any critical voices on his show, or anywhere else, i guess.
There is a boatload of MONEY to be made in treaments for ADHD.

Looks like Dr. Frank Lawlis, Dr. Phil's business partner for 30 years is getting his loyalty reward.

What a world we live in, where people with PhD's, will use their claims to Authority, and persuasion tactics, to target vulberable families, and take thousands of dollars from them.
What a world.

Coz

Options: ReplyQuote
Dr. Phil, Oprah, etc.
Posted by: Savernake ()
Date: December 24, 2004 02:19PM

sort of interesting aside based on this... I was reading "the templar revelation" recently, and one of their theses was that back in the time of Jesus, John the Baptist had his own church that was hugely popular, and the Jesus church sort of ousted him and perverted his story so that it would fit in with the desired perceptions (apparently there is still a following of the John church in Iraq, and their teachings are a bit bitter about Jesus -- they still call themselves "Christians", but that is because "Christ" means king or lord, and John was their lord, not Jesus -- well, according to the book anyway).

Made me think how so much of our perceptions are controlled by politics... What if the John church had prevailed rather than the Jesus church -- would the world be much different today? and also, given the growing popularity of LGAT type philosophies, would it be possible for someone to organise a church around it that could become as popular now (or possibly replace) Christianity and/or one of the other major religions? Or are the majority of people too sophisticated to take on new religions now?

Dr. Phil, Oprah, etc.
Date: September 29, 2005 06:05AM

Dr. Phil puts on the pout
By LIZ SMITH

9/23/2005

It is not only the most difficult thing to know oneself, but the most inconvenient one, too," said Henry Wheeler Shaw.
So, what's gotten into America's lovable, rationalist, pop culture shrink? I do mean Dr. Phil, a man who was unknown before Oprah gave him a forum. Now he is behaving like a Diva Deluxe.

Last Friday, the good doctor was to speak at an obesity forum being held by California's first lady, Maria Shriver. As a condition of his appearance, Phil insisted the governor introduce him. In between, Arnold Schwarzenegger's calendar filled up and he felt he had to cancel.

Maria had Dr. Phil called, not once but twice, telling him the governor could not introduce him, just in case he wanted to back out. The day of the symposium, she arrived to find Dr. Phil pouting. He refused to speak. Finally she insisted he talk to her and he said, "I am not happy." Maria said she was so sorry but they had called twice to advise him of the change. He stormed, "No one called me!" An aide said nervously, "Yes, Phil, they did!"

Dr. Phil was still irate: "No one told me!"

The great analyst of "getting along" continued to huff and puff. Someone said nervously that perhaps the governor could come by after all. Maria said, "No, we are not re-doing the governor's schedule. Phil, I suggest you just leave if you feel this way."

Dr. Phil insisted he had to use the bathroom first. Maria indicated it was down the hall. Dr. Phil said he could not use a public bathroom. Maria said calmly, "Well, that's the only one we have. Use it or not. Take your camera crew and go."

After the doctor availed himself of the facilities, he came back sheepishly and said, "I might as well stay now that I am here." Maria told him he didn't have to and she advised him, "You have a bad reputation. My 7-year-old doesn't act the way you do." When Dr. Phil pled exhaustion from being absorbed in the Katrina rescues, Maria told him, "You're tired? How do you think those people feel?"

And, just in case you're wondering, the first lady did not leak this exchange. Many people experienced this exchange and it's the talk of California and TV land.

I noticed David Letterman, of all people, kissing Dr. Phil on the top of his bald head recently. I guess it's easier to get along with the doctor if one stands behind him.

Dr. Phil, Oprah, etc.
Posted by: glam ()
Date: September 29, 2005 08:17AM

Oprah had Brooke Shields on yesterday to answer Tom Cruise's obnoxious comments about her post-partum depression. I was curious to see what would unfold, because Oprah's suuuuuch good friends w/ T.C.

You could see that Brooke was a bit hesitant to say much because I'm sure she's aware of the friendship. At one point Oprah asked her if she couldn't have just "cured" herself with vitamins and exercise, like Cruise suggested. The audience howled with laughter, and Ophrah looked shocked. She turned to the audience and asked, "Why are you all laughing? It's a serious question." She also brought up Brooke's statement about how Cruise should stick to fighting aliens. You could SEE that Oprah was asking about Cruise's "religious" beliefs, but Brooke said it seemed appropriate to say at the time because War of the Worlds had just come out. The audience had a good laugh at that, too.

It was actually interesting to watch an audience that fawns over Oprah sort of agreeing more with Brooke than with their "hero."

You can see the clip at Oprah.com.

Dr. Phil, Oprah, etc.
Date: September 29, 2005 01:36PM

and the dreaded Dr Phil had an entire show today spurred by Cruise's anti-psychiatry and anti-psychopharmacology inanity based on his utter ignorance and brainwashed brain.

Dr Phil as well was talking out of both sides of his mouth, he even invited Tom Cruise on to talk about the "history of psychiatry", and showed clips from some Scientologist actors saying Cruise was right, and some others calling him an idiot.

When Oprah has Cruise on, her audience will go back to fawning and fainting for that psychopath, because he is famous and good looking, and knows how to smile for the cameras.

Its just a big game for ALL these folks, in my view.
Brooke sells her book and shows, Oprah get ratings, Dr Phil airs Tom Cruise stuff the day after Oprah to get more ratings. They even coordinate it.

Cruise loves all of it, as he will go on both Oprah and Dr Phil later on, and get more PR for Scientology, etc.

The way I see it, its all just more of the big LGAT mindfuck on the public, to get more ratings, make more money, and have everyone promote their own agenda. (programmed confusion).
Ratings, money, and for Cruise, he gets to bring more people to his cult.

You will never see them bring REAL SCIENTISTS on these shows to rationally discuss the science and the evidence and problems.
Why bring on people who know what they are talking about, when you can bring on some "celebrities" that flunked out of grade 10?
They make their money off ignorance, hysteria, emotional reasoning and dichotomous thinking.

That's why they all make countless MILLIONS of the multitude.
They know exactly what they are doing with people's minds...

and Dr. Phil is constantly promoting his business partner, Frank Lawliss, and advertising for his business, which is some more pseudoscience therapy, which as far as I can see is as yet unproven.

Whatever...its all about Ego, and having private jets, and private bathrooms...while Self-Righteous clasiming you are saving the world...

Sex sells, and it also seems ths Stupid Sells.

Dr. Phil, Oprah, etc.
Posted by: Toni ()
Date: September 29, 2005 10:43PM

Cosmophilospher
They make their money off ignorance, hysteria, emotional reasoning and dichotomous thinking.

That's why they all make countless MILLIONS of the multitude.
They know exactly what they are doing with people's minds...
Sex sells, and it also seems ths Stupid Sells.

No kidding...
Increasingly difficult to have a life-meaningful conversation, away from this board, without someone quoting platitudes of the mass media Gurus.

It can be easier, and more comforting, to remain brain dead. Waking up and taking responsiblity for one's own thoughts and decisions requires effort and weighing pros and cons. Too much validation for remaining as if an emotional zombie.

Since cannot run double blind studies, with controls, about the long term effects of such thinking, the pseudo-preachers continue unabated.

Dr. Phil, Oprah, etc.
Posted by: M12002 ()
Date: October 03, 2005 01:04PM

Oprah's power is just astonishing. Not even Tony Robbins can get his followers to read new books and make them into overnight best sellers.

Guess what's #1 on the Amazon best sellers list right now? "A Million Little Pieces", with "Oprah's Book Club" in parenthesis. Oh brother!!

Churches don't even have this kind of power.

I don't follow her show very closely, but sometimes I'll stop and see whats on. I caught part of her show the other day with Charlize Theron (nice reason to watch!), and you'd think Oprah had just met with Socrates and Plato, the way she was dispensing "profound revelations".

She said something like..."there's no such thing as luck. It's preparation meeting opportunity." Is that really a grand revelation?

Is she in the entertainment business or the self help business? Hmmmmm.

Dr. Phil, Oprah, etc.
Date: October 04, 2005 04:51AM

Dr Phil is doing an episode today on The Children Of God cult!!

OMG!

[www.drphil.com]

The Family Cult
Dr. Phil goes inside a shocking cult where 9-year-olds were known to have sex with 25-year-olds — on dates set up by their parents. What began as a typical 60s commune became a den of alleged sexual molestation, prostitution and extreme physical abuse … all in the name of God.

Inside the Cult
Dr. Phil gives an update on an abusive religious sect that he and his son Jay exposed last season.

Dr. Phil, Oprah, etc.
Date: November 03, 2005 09:40AM

The Making Of Dr. Phil

I just finished reading the book, “The Making Of Dr. Phil” which is quite a good book.

[www.amazon.com]

It paints a clear picture of the kind of person Dr. Phil really is, a hypocrite! What is interesting is that this book did not receive much publicity, as there is an alleged campaign against the book by Phil, and most media outlets refused to interview the writers for fear of severe retaliation from Phil. It also shows that Phil is really just an expert psychological manipulator and a very aggressive entrepreneur. Here are some random bullet points I picked out of the book, it’s a worthwhile read…

· Phil is not a therapist, and never really was. He hated doing therapy. He went into psychology as a way to make money. He is an expert negotiator, businessman. He is no longer even a licensed psychologist. Phil just uses psychology as a way to make money. He quite practice and went into the Court business, as that was a way he could use psychology as a weapon, and as a way to make a lot of money, and not have to deal with all these people with their problems!

· Phil has quite a sordid past. His first Gym business went bankrupt, and there is lots of evidence that he was still selling to people, when they knew it was going under. They were just spending all the money that came in, and were not putting the money into the health club. They had people buy long-term contracts, and then sold these contracts to 3rd parties, and even after the gym went under, those folks STILL has to keep paying for it! This was based on a trick contract Phil designed. After that company went under, Phil left in the middle of the night, and to this day the people who got shafted are still bitter about what happened.

· His first marriage was a disaster, he was controlling, abusive, and there were all sorts of charges of endless womanizing. His first wife speaks out very clearly on all of this.

· “You Seminars” which became Pathways, with Thelma Box, pure LGAT Charismatic stuff. This is where Phil started to apply all of his LGAT psychological seminar tricks, and started to make some money. Thelma Box spills the beans on how Phil takes credit for other people work, and even tried to scam her near the end. Phil would also abuse the “volunteers” that worked for Pathways.

· Phil is NOT a registered psychologist anymore. He ran into trouble years ago, when a19 year old woman lodged a complaint against Dr. Phil, she said he sexually abused her, pulling her into his lap, reaching in her blouse, etc. He was severely disciplined by his licensing board in a number of different ways.

· His new company, Courtroom Sciences, CSI, tested the loyalty of his employees by staging calls from people pretending to be from the media. His demands, perfectionism, impatience, infuriated outbursts created an atmosphere of fear, resentment, and anxiety. CSI was a 24/7 job for all his employees, then own you. Dr. Phil behaved in a sexist manner towards his female staff, calling some of their work “an abortion”. He was verbally abusive, swearing, calling a woman a stupid bitch, etc. Former employees describe CSI as being like a “cult” in the demands it would place on them.

· Dr. Phil Show: Phil got a lavish office, but were very cheap with the crew, no food on-set, 16 hr days, he made the job a “living hell” for the crew, making it “the worst show they had ever worked on”. He would yell profanities at his crew, making last minute changes and keeping people up all night. Even his wife Robin was interfering with the lighting, and caused the Emmy award lighting director to be fired. The staff all has to sign non-disclosure agreements, so they could only leak info out. Phil did not bother to learn the names of his crew.

· Phil’s ego was so big, he refuses to have any other experts in psychology on other than himself.

· All guests on the show sign massive releases that release them from everything.
· He gets $125,000 per speech.
· He launched products called “Shape Up”, in a deal with Alticor, the parent company of Amway.

· Phil presents himself as though he thought up all the psychological ideas he uses, he makes it seem they are all his own ideas. McGraw also doesn’t seem to follow the APA guidelines or ethics, in how he deals with the people on the show.

· He tries to erase his ugly past from the record, and pretends it never happened. He filed for bankruptcy after his health club went out of business, then left town in the middle of the night, and didn’t mention it again. The same with his first marriage, which was a disaster, with allegations of Dr. Phil cheating on his wife many times. He tries to pretend things in his life never happened.

· People are so afraid of Phil, that they will not talk about him, won’t return calls, and expressed fear of retaliation from Phil.

Dr. Phil, Oprah, etc.
Date: November 03, 2005 01:29PM

Class action sought for 'Dr. Phil' diet suit
Unhappy dieters say they lost dollars, not pounds

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- The man famous for dishing out advice on national television now needs the advice of legal counsel.

TV psychologist "Dr. Phil" McGraw, whose Texas twang and folksy common sense catapulted him to stardom, is being taken to court over his discontinued "Shape Up!" diet plan.

Three disgruntled dieters on Monday asked a Los Angeles County Superior Court judge to expand their fraud claim into a national class-action lawsuit. They're seeking refunds and additional damages. (See video about the case -- 2:19)

No ruling is expected until next year. If the judge rules in favor of the dieters, the suit would be opened to claims by thousands of followers of Dr. Phil's Shape Up! diet.

The suit alleges that the plan is useless. It called for dieters to take 22 herbal supplements and vitamin pills a day and cost about $120 a month. The plan also advised dieters to adopt a low-calorie diet and to exercise.

The plaintiffs allege that while they lost plenty of money on the plan, they didn't lose any weight.

Unhappy dieters told CNN Radio that after listening to McGraw they believed they could lose weight by taking the pills alone.

McGraw has not commented on the lawsuit. The diet, promoted through a book and television special, was discontinued last year.

Phone calls to Irving, Texas-based CSA Nutraceuticals, which made the Shape Up shakes, bars and multivitamins, were not returned.

CNN's Jim Roope contributed to this report.

Find this article at:
[www.cnn.com]

Current Page: 6 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.