Landmark Education - "A world that works for everyone" ????
Posted by: nettie ()
Date: March 20, 2009 10:27AM

Werner Erhard had a vision. He failed. You are failing. You are only making people miserable.

Close down your operations now. It will happen anyway - sooner or later.

It will be a mess in the end for all your staff.

Please make it a world that works for your staff. Release them from the abuse of Werner Erhards sick pyramid scheme. He implanted the message in the participants minds that you have to enroll others to his courses - otherwise your life would suck...

BIG MISTAKE!

Lars Bergwik / nettie / nisseberka

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Landmark Education - "A world that works for everyone" ????
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: March 20, 2009 01:11PM

yes, "A world that works for everyone"...what is that?
That is simply the cynical Werner Erhard at work.

You see, guys with Werner Erhards philosophy, actually despise what they see as human weakness, human vulnerability, and human sentiment, its a weakness to them.

He believes "charity" is something that is damaging.
(this is a perversion of ideas from Nietzsche about what he called "slave morality").
So Werner Erhard, designed all of these schemes, as an ironic kick in the teeth, in which he profits.

He sells "A world that works for everyone", and The Hunger Project.
But its all ironic cynicism. He does the same thing in his recent fake-documentary about him. He ACTS like he is full of sentiment, but its just cynical play-acting.

That is the salespitch, meant to take advantage of those with "sentiment", those who he sees as being "weak". And he, being the Strong Ubermensch, profits from it.
Its like a severe version of Ayn Rand.

Its the philosophy and cynical exploitation of the sociopath.
We've seen it before many times in history.

"A world that works for everyone" is cynical code for...a world where Werner Erhard and his cronies get what they want...money and power.

Date: March 23, 2009 01:29PM

Werner Erhard looked at it this way (repeted by forum leader Angelo D'Amelio during the forum course I did in 1994);

"When god made humans SHE made a few mistake - we have the technology to correct those mistakes. Try these methods on as a jacket. If you don't like the jacket just take it off when you leave"

This is to plant a seed in your mind that you will have free will after the course. The Forum is designed to brake peoples will. Most people come out of the Forum very confused. You are not allowed to take notes. Why? So people will spend endless hours trying to remember what the "technology" was about so they can also become super human beings like the forum leader. Then of course there are more courses to take.

I remember hearing Angelo D'Amelio's voice in my head for a long time afterwards. It is part of mind control - Block out the participant's own thoughts (in the brain).

This is also why people have nightmares about landmark even if they have seen through the bull. Landmark (Werner) occupies the mind in an endless repeating pattern.

So landmark uses your mind, time and money for their gain. Like any other cult.

nettie

Posted by: somethnew ()
Date: March 24, 2009 02:38PM

I remember wanted to joke about "wearing the jacket" that I was going to stretch it out. I got real close to saying the joke, but I held back. I didn't think they'd like it. now, I know they wouldn't.

I just finished the three days yesterday. I was euphoric saturday, I had "shared" and cried in front of 164 people. (some really hot chicks in there so I "got something" from making them cry at least) Sunday, by the time of the big reveal "life is empty and meaningless" I just got wierded out and angry. I became really intune with the looks on peoples faces and left that night feeling bad. I slept poorly, waking up every hour. When I got up and went to work, I felt disconnected...and burdened. I started looking on google for information...I knew I should have felt "freed"....but I didn't. I was quickly vacillating from fear to confusion to anger until I had talked to a friend who had done it a while ago. He helped calm me down and I felt much better and resumed my research that I should have done before the whole damn thing. I do have to say I did get some things from this experience. I found myself more resilient than I expected when I realized I had just gone through a (scale from 1 to 10...landmark would be what? a 3? I've never been brainwashed before) highly manipulative environment...and found my strength to be me and question. I want to thank anybody who took the time to write anywhere, on any blog to shed light on this. I'm not going to my "graduation". I hope my idea of saying when they call that I "chose to not come because i chose to not come" works. I'm sure it won't but I'll look forward to shoving my "powerfully created" foot up their asses.

Please feel to reach out if anyone has questions, I will gladly talk.

Date: March 25, 2009 12:45AM

thanks for joining!

If they contact you again just say NO

Also ask for a full refund immediately.

Also ask for the document they made you sign back.

If they give you any problems mention my name - Lars Bergwik from Stockholm Sweden.

I am very happy that you came out in one piece. Not everyone does unfortunately.

BR
Lars

Posted by: somethnew ()
Date: March 25, 2009 02:52AM

thank you Lars! Also thanks for permitting me to invoke your name if I need to!

Is there any other reason than pride to request the thing they made me sign?

I just submitted a complaint with the Better Business Bureau about their sales pitch.

Posted by: elena ()
Date: March 25, 2009 04:55AM

somethnew
I remember wanted to joke about "wearing the jacket" that I was going to stretch it out. I got real close to saying the joke, but I held back. I didn't think they'd like it. now, I know they wouldn't.

I just finished the three days yesterday. I was euphoric saturday, I had "shared" and cried in front of 164 people. (some really hot chicks in there so I "got something" from making them cry at least) Sunday, by the time of the big reveal "life is empty and meaningless" I just got wierded out and angry. I became really intune with the looks on peoples faces and left that night feeling bad. I slept poorly, waking up every hour. When I got up and went to work, I felt disconnected...and burdened. I started looking on google for information...I knew I should have felt "freed"....but I didn't. I was quickly vacillating from fear to confusion to anger until I had talked to a friend who had done it a while ago. He helped calm me down and I felt much better and resumed my research that I should have done before the whole damn thing. I do have to say I did get some things from this experience. I found myself more resilient than I expected when I realized I had just gone through a (scale from 1 to 10...landmark would be what? a 3? I've never been brainwashed before) highly manipulative environment...and found my strength to be me and question. I want to thank anybody who took the time to write anywhere, on any blog to shed light on this. I'm not going to my "graduation". I hope my idea of saying when they call that I "chose to not come because i chose to not come" works. I'm sure it won't but I'll look forward to shoving my "powerfully created" foot up their asses.

Please feel to reach out if anyone has questions, I will gladly talk.

I think it might be helpful to you to remember that the Landmark schtick, at its core, is a perverted and dumbed-down sort of existentialism (or nihilism) which, as some wag pointed out, wasn't so much a philosophy as a really, really bad mood. The post-war era of a savaged Europe set the stage for the philosophers who picked up an earlier gauntlet and ran with it. They had come face to face with the absurdity, the terror, destruction, and devastation of existence. Existentialism, as we interpret it today, reflects this time, which for most Europeans had been horrific. It's not much of a stretch to see how many of them might have come to the conclusion that it was all empty and meaningless.

Werner Erhard, who filtered a comic-book version of existentialism concocted by L. Ron Hubbard through his own uneducated and narcissistic mind, incorporated this "philosophy" into his own ~programs.~ They were designed to make people more depressed and more frightened and thus all the more dependent on Werner Erhard and his merry band of psycho-scammers. Underneath it all is emotional manipulation -- they pull the rug out from under you and them offer you an expensive hand up. It appears people will pay good money for even a lousy facsimile of hope when they're feeling hopeless (or power when they're feeling powerless).

I suggest you tell them you found out it was a cult when they call you. Ask them why Werner "studied" scientology.

Ellen

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: March 26, 2009 07:59AM

by the way, Werner Erhard stole that phrase..."A world that works for everyone" from an idealist named Buckminster Fuller.

It has nothing to do with the Landmark nonsense, or the Werner Erhard bullshit!
Its about design science, sustainable technology, etc.

Bucky Fuller was a type of maverick genius inventor, and he wrote books about creating global energy grids, etc, and was utterly opposed to the rogue capitalist system.
Erhard arranged "meetings" with various famous people back in the day, so he could exploit their reputation. He just had his PR people set up a meeting, paid their daily speaking fee, and then he could exploit their reputations to his advantage. He still does.

Bucky Fuller though, actually believed and worked toward making the world work for EVERYONE, that means everyone, using technology primarily. He wrote many books about it, and his ideas on how to do it. His foundation is still at it.
The Buckminster Fuller Challenge [challenge.bfi.org]
Buckminster Fuller's prolific life of exploration, discovery, invention and teaching was driven by his intention “to make the world work for 100% of humanity, in the shortest possible time, through spontaneous cooperation without ecological offense or disadvantage of anyone.”

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.