Werner at "Leadership and the Next Presidency"
Posted by: caligari ()
Date: February 13, 2009 11:42PM

Harvard's The Center for Public Leadership, in association with The Ken Blanchard Companies, hosted the latest Conversation on Leadership to address the pending election through "Leadership and the Next Presidency."

video at 3:20:
[www.youtube.com]

photos:
[www.flickr.com]
[www.flickr.com]
[www.flickr.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Werner at "Leadership and the Next Presidency"
Posted by: caligari ()
Date: February 19, 2009 12:42AM

and Werner 30 years ago at Sears Point Raceway: [flickr.com]

Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: February 19, 2009 04:13PM

caligari
Harvard's The Center for Public Leadership, in association with The Ken Blanchard Companies, hosted the latest Conversation on Leadership to address the pending election through "Leadership and the Next Presidency."

video at 3:20:
[www.youtube.com]

photos:
[www.flickr.com]
[www.flickr.com]
[www.flickr.com]

IMHO, President Barack Obama and 'Werner Erhard' can't realistically be seen in the same sentence, room, or any level in any context...I'm not an Obama groupie, I'm not even an American, its just that I am aware that Obama is in fact a LEADER, and Werner can only dream of what that means, in the real world--in real life context(s). I personally have had ZERO success trying to fit the concept of 'leadership' into the same thought with Werner Erhard.
I mean, what kind of leader pulls totalitarian strings from behind a shelter of silence, geographical distance, and skulking around in shadows, while enjoying a pathological control of the people he 'leads'? That's not even touching on his zero accountability to his supporters. A true leader knows that personal presence, and accountability are basic and integral to leadership. Where did the guy in the video get the idea about Werner being a "leadership guru"?

In regard to the part in the video showcasing Werner; he barely spits out a vocabulary-challenged speel..like what the heck does this mean: "..and where I'm left is with a very powerful sense of thanks for a truly unique..(disfluency)..experience..(another disfluency).." etc. etc. The part where he's declaring "a powerful sense of thanks" is indicative of a person who is 'feeling' outside of a personal realm. In fact its a poor attempt at mimicry of a sentiment. He seems to have an awareness that it is socially appropriate to express gratitude for how much others have revered him, but instead he has a "sense of thanks", like he senses something gratitude like but can't fully identify with the sentiment on a personal level, and is only able to express it as "a sense of thanks". A respectable con man would match the act with the appropriate vocabulary and communication skills, and he'd spit words out as naturally as if he were breathing. Not impressive at all, and what the heck was he doing in that place anyway? Who did he think were the Presidential candidates, Mutt and Jeff? Ok, that was mean and I could delete it but I don't want to..

On a more neutral note of observation, his age and personal presentation betray the strong enduring image 'the friends of Werner' are forever trying to sell for his 2009 comeback..

Posted by: elena ()
Date: February 20, 2009 01:02AM

Amazing that this uneducated and inarticulate third-rate intellect continues to inspire the slavering devotion of his pathetic little group of fans. (But not so amazing when you think of the other clowns, like Rush Limbo, who have accomplished the same thing.)

Ellen

Posted by: h_r ()
Date: February 20, 2009 07:41AM

The whole thing gives me the heebie-jeebies. I seriously hope that time is Werner's enemy here and that he won't have enough of it to stage any sort of return to the US.

If he does, though, I'll be the one holding the sign at the airport saying, "Werner's Work Nearly Killed Me." or something like that.

Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: March 07, 2009 10:00AM

elena

Amazing that this uneducated and inarticulate third-rate intellect continues to inspire the slavering devotion of his pathetic little group of fans. (But not so amazing when you think of the other clowns, like Rush Limbo, who have accomplished the same thing.)

Ellen

speaking of Rush L., looks like he's found a solid opportunity to prove himself in the ring with a real heavyweight. Good luck to him on that one. This is how high BS stacks up when people like Rush or Werner go by unproven or untested by the masses. Here's one unproven and unchallenged guru getting too big for his britches..literally..and is taking on a President. He's already lost the first few rounds here, because the President is an actual leader with legitimate authority, and of course, genuine credentials. Unbelievable that RL even got this far in his 'career'.

[www.timesonline.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.