Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
tip for landmark
Posted by: paulkeith ()
Date: September 27, 2004 10:55PM

Glam wrote---

"I believe they discourage people from taking any drugs -- including aspirin -- because the training causes exhaustion, tension, pain and headaches, and relief from these things would make the "training" not as "effective." They WANT people to become exhausted and be in pain, so they'll reach their breaking point and become nice and suggestible. "

Are you speaking from personal experience? I'm talking about the tension, exhaustion and pain part in particular.

If I was exhausted and in pain I'd just leave, wouldn't you.

Maybe you did.

Options: ReplyQuote
tip for landmark
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 27, 2004 11:12PM

Mr. Keith:

What specifically is your purpose on this message board?

Are you a Landmark graduate?

What is your position regarding Landmark Education, Scientology and so-called "cults" in general?

It seems you have come to the board to simply argue and/or subvert the posts of others.

Are you actually interested in a meaningful exchange?

Please answer these questions specifically.

tip for landmark
Posted by: paulkeith ()
Date: September 28, 2004 12:37AM

rrmoderator asked several questions

Are you a Landmark graduate?

No, I am not. But I know a number of friends who are and they don't seem to have been hurt by it. They are all quite successful, but then again most of my friends are also.( A question for you: Would it matter?)

"What is your position regarding Landmark Education, Scientology and so-called "cults" in general?"

I judge them on a case by case basis. I know virtually nothing about Scientology. I met one Scientologist that I know of and he was telling me he purchased and e-meter for thousands of dollars but it was always in the posession of "the church." Sounded pretty fishy to me. But to each his own. Most of my Landmark friends have limited or no involvement with the organization. None have invited me to a seminar.
I think one persons religion is another persons cult. In my opinion a religion is just a cult that's been around for a long time. I always wondered when the "Virgin birth" concept entered Christianity. Jesus never talked about it.

"It seems you have come to the board to simply argue and/or subvert the posts of others.

Are you actually interested in a meaningful exchange?"

I am. Are you? For me a meaningful exchange involves discussions that include varied view points. And then supporting the arguments with substantiated facts. If someone has a strong point to make and the facts to back it up the argument should weather the scrutiny of those that beg to differ.

Surely you don't want a discussion board where everyone agrees with you, do you? I think it is good that you are warning people to watch their wallet when getting near many of the groups listed here. But to paint these groups with such a broad brush shows a prejudiced view point that can lead to religious bigotry. Millions have been slaughtered over the years by taking such narrow, uncritical, and hateful view of what others believe.

Maybe I'm too sensitive to the perception of religious persecution and intolerance. But a few million of "my people" were slaughtered about 50 years ago and the mantra "never again" is etched in my psyche.

Thank you for asking. I looked forward to your response.

tip for landmark
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 28, 2004 01:45AM

Mr. Keith:

Sounds like you are posting to subvert on the board.

See [board.culteducation.com]

Also see [www.culteducation.com]

Your description of the Ross Institute archive is quite a bit off.

There are many different views and opinions expressed on this board.

Thank you for explaining your background.

tip for landmark
Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: September 28, 2004 06:49AM

glam
People still get hurt by them, every day (that ranges from ruining their relationships with loved ones to psychiatric breakdowns, which still occur). If LEC wanted to stop hurting people, they'd stop giving their "training" and pack it in.

they fool you into hurting without recognizing it as hurt.

I think it may have less to do with hurting than standing back. in my life I have observed quite a lot of it. "not my problem." how I loathe that phrase.

knowing my uncle I think that he would have not have hurt anyone on purpose. of course maybe he did.

people hardly ever think of themselves as villains.

If you look at the form they make you sign, you'll see that you must agree to give up your right to sue in order to take The Forum.

yes.

tip for landmark
Posted by: glam ()
Date: September 28, 2004 09:27AM

knowing my uncle I think that he would have not have hurt anyone on purpose. of course maybe he did.

I think the vast majority of people involved in est/Landmark have no idea they're hurting people. They recruit because they truly believe they're helping people. My friend honestly thought Landmark could help me solve my "problems," I have no doubt. He has no awareness of the harm that's been done to himself, or to other people. It's sad.

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.