Landmark and Naturopathic Medicine University
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: August 21, 2004 10:56AM

Millionaire Steven Bing recently donated a very large sum of money to this naturopathic university, and then donated a huge amount of money to then-governor Gray Davis in California. Shortly thereafter, naturopathic physicians became licensed professionals in that state, making it the 12th state in the US to recognize naturopathic physicians, who have completed a 4 year university curriculum, as legitimate medical professionals.

This university boasts a fine science curriculum, better than the other ND schools. Yet students on this forum have complained that many times, the focus is on flakey new age ideas.

My ND was recruiting patients into Landmark. After covertly using Landmark technology as part of his practice to address lifestyle change, he induced psychological crisis and then would "invite" and offer to pay, for introductory sessions at Landmark.

So it came as no surprise to read this exchange on a naturopathic medicine forum....

[www.pandamedicine.com]

Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: August 24, 2004 06:39AM

This sounds vaguely familiar. Did this get out into the news media at all?

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: August 24, 2004 10:04PM

I haven't seen it in the news media. This probably because the students are Bastyr find Landmark to be more of a nuisance than something that could be potentially dangerous in the hands of a sociopath like the ND I went to. The students who are finding that Bastyr's claims of sound science based programs are bogus are leaving and the new agey flakes remain on. Programs like LF appeal to this bunch.

Posted by: Lakefield ()
Date: August 29, 2004 04:10PM

Thank you. I was recently looking into some naturopathic schools. This article is a good thing to keep note of.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.