Sedona Method and Release Technique
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: July 19, 2007 07:23AM

Notice how our loving friend "disconnect", disconnects from the facts, and gives more soft-sell, reduce your anxiety, I-am-one-with-the-universe, love your enemies, works-for-me... type of anecdote?

The people who sell the Sedona Method for a living, know damn well, that type of soft, loosey-goosey vague "sales claim" is too weak to bring serious money in. They need a Big Claim.
So that is why they go to the SEDONA METHOD MIRACLES.

Notice how the Sedona Method supporter, ignores some very serious facts? namely that many of the current leaders of the Sedona Method appear to be bald-faced liars, making up and fabricating Miracle Stories, to fleece the flock?
They know you gotta make a BIG CLAIM to get the BIG BUCKS.
Sales 101.

Its just like TM, Transcendental Meditation. They also lie, and trick you and say, "learn a mantra and learn to have less stress". Then slowly they lure you into following the psychopath Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, step by step.
Its clear the Sedona Method is using a similar template.

Go to the public with some vague "feel good" anecdotes, with ZERO scientific studies to back them up. Then lure them into the "deeper secrets" about Sedona Method Miracles, and losing 20 lbs by Magick. Its a bald-faced lie, and they laugh themselves to sleep everynight when they see people believe it.

The Sedona Apologists, (who are likely some type of Franchisee who try to make some $ off Sedona in their home region) just try to block out the fact that it appears that all of the current leaders of the Sedona Method are boldly fabricating Miracle Stories about the Sedona Method, and propogating these lies shamelessly to make money. They have balls, that's for sure, to stand up there and say BS like that with a straight face. One day its going to appear on some investigative report, and they are going to be ruined. (Then they will just create the Arizona Method, and start over again, like all hucksters).

Notice also how they try to "deflect" this criticism by saying..."hey, the bible also has Miracles in it..."
See the mental-trick? They thought than one up pretty carefully, as it makes people think... if they question The Sedona Method Miracles, then they have to question their own personal faith...so it shuts down the question.
Sales 102.

The Sedona Method is at best a cognitive placebo of self-adjustment that anyone can get for free. At worst, its a complete LGAT system of outright deception, with a core of lies and trickery, using coercive and deceptive sales techniques, that is bilking people of thousands of dollars.
Its the Sedona Scam.

Posted by: disconnect ()
Date: July 20, 2007 01:03AM

I began posting here because people wanted to know if the Sedona Method was valid.
My current position is clear: The Sedona Method is incredibly positive and helpful regardless of any shady new-age aspects. I completely turned my life around using it, and have observed others do likewise. However, I see that not a single one of us is infallible, and we all "sin" from time to time.

I've attempted to share my feelings on the subject. If you want more, feel free to email me:

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Alright! Now I'm going to the diner down the street to get some flapjacks! :D Peace out!

Please don't post contact information here. You can use the private message function.

EZ[/color:362cccb569]

Date: July 20, 2007 01:04AM

PS. I think the Sedona Method should be free :)

Posted by: question lady ()
Date: July 20, 2007 01:29AM

The Anticult
Its just like TM, Transcendental Meditation. They also lie, and trick you and say, "learn a mantra and learn to have less stress". Then slowly they lure you into following the psychopath Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, step by step.
Its clear the Sedona Method is using a similar template.

The really insidious things about Sedona and Release Technique is that it starts by disabling your self trust.

They say your feelings just lie to you, your feelings are garbage. So if you ever have a quesy feeling that someone is trying to con you, you won't listen to it. You'll just "release" those negative feelings.

They tell you that your mind is your enemy. That you need to stop "trying to figure it out". They ask if you could "let go of being so smart." If you take that for checking, you have now disabled your critical thinking capacity.

Should some doubts arise anyway, that's just your resistence. And resistence is bad.

And if your inner voice still won't shut up, remember that one of your big problems is your ego. That sense of self as a unique individual. So don't listen to yourself, it's just your ego and that's bad.

In other words, don't trust anything your feelings and mind are telling you, just believe what [b:ade378c25e]we[/b:ade378c25e] are telling you.

The problem with "taking it for checking" is that once you take all of the above for checking, you have effectively disarmed your ability to know that you are being conned. By then, it may be too late.

Posted by: ezdoesit ()
Date: July 20, 2007 02:45AM

Exactly.

Disabling your critical thinking skills is the first order of business in these programs. Critical thinking skills are -- guess what -- critical! And these groups and programs just don't stand up to criticism. That's why they all try to pull that plug.

EZ

Date: July 20, 2007 04:00AM

QL,

I also had the experience in Sedona of being told that your feelings only lie, which I accepted at the time. But now I think feelings are just feelings, and we get to decide how to deal with them. For instance, if I am angry I can decide to hit someone or I can decide to contain the feeling and deal with it in a more constructive manner. Feelings neither tell the truth nor do they lie - they are just feelings.

Sedona also has an emotional scale (similar possibly to Scientology's tone scale). I don't remember the whole sequence, but I believe apathy (with the least amount of energy) was at the bottom, moving up to grief, fear, anger, courage, love, peace, etc. I may have missed a few emotions and/or gotten some out of order, but this is just to give an idea of their emotional scale. Supposedly, as you move up the scale, each emotion has more energy than the previous one and so is a move in the right direction. In my understanding, a person who moved from apathy into fear would have moved into a more energetic emotional state and this would be progress. Also, a person moving from fear to anger would be showing signs of growth. Whether intentional or not, the problem with a system like this is that the emotions at the low end of the scale come to be seen as undesirable or "bad", while the emotions at the top end of the scale become desireable or "good." Now Sedona does recommend that you release not only the negative feelings, but the positive ones as well. Because positive feelings are unlimited, as you release on them, you have more and more of them in your life. Maybe that's why Sedona didn't work so well for me, I kept forgetting to release all those positive feelings (ha, ha). My point being, that I think there is definitely a danger for vulnerable people to create a dichotomy between "good" and "bad" feelings which actually can actually retard personal growth and greater acceptance of self.

As to letting go of the ego. Yikes! Talk about trying to destroy yourself. I know Sedona and other new age/spiritual paths talk about how there is really only one of us. Try to figure that one out? I tried to wrap my brain around that one and it only made me feel crazy. Trying to let go of my ego felt like trying to annihilate myself. Maybe I'm just not at a level to understand these concepts. Maybe most people aren't, assuming that they any truth in them and are at all understandable. I accepted that I can't understand them and got tired of feeling crazy because I couldn't figure out what "there is only one of us" meant.

So, back to being a mere ego-driven mortal with all my feelings - positive and negative. And my problems. Reality is very underrated by those who would have you trade it for metaphysical realty, wishful thinking, and many of the other new age/spirituality concepts. Reality is really being in your skin and experiencing all the people and creatures in the world with all your senses. There is truth, substance, and safety in reality (not necessarily a physical safety, but an emotional one), a quiet awe and wonder, which is much more nourishing to me in the long run than all the airy, fairy new age promises which turn to dust when you examine them closely.

QE

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: July 20, 2007 06:33AM

The old "kill-the-Ego" gag is one of the oldest, most destructive aspects of these kinds of pseudo-philosophies.
There are some more ancient monastic traditions in Buddhism that hold onto these ideas, and are actually rather "attached" to non-attachment to their own Ego.
;-)

This kind of thing has no place in modern society, and modern psychology. This idea of Ego-death, literally is a form of Cognitive Suicide, its very very sick.

Cults and groups abuse this same idea as another way to get their followers to drop their Critical Thinking skills, and to become more compliant.
You will see in every case, these same groups which tell their followers to drop their ego-strength, the Leaders have massive "Egos" and act out against their followers with their "Ego".

They don't like it when people are psychologically healthy, as then they are not going to do what they are told to do as readily.

As far as our Emotions, there are many theories and aspects in modern, healthy psychology to deal with normal human emotion, and abnormal and destructive human emotion.
For example, Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy has a model for human emotions that makes common sense, and can help people deal with daily living in the modern world.

In the end, these types of groups use the trick of suppressing the "Ego" and messing around with your "emotions" as simply a tool to get more persuasion leverage over their followers/customers.

The Leaders of the group never follow the same rules, those rules are for the sheeple. The sheeple have to have "Integrity" but the Leaders can lie their ass off all day.

And if you question it, then your Ego is not being "released" from yadda yadda yadda.
Ego This.

They don't even know what an "Ego" is. Cognitive Science doesn't even know what an Ego is, or what Consciousness is yet. Its a wonderful thing, to have strong, healthy, assertive ego-strength, its one of the main aspects of mental health.
Which is why Sedona, and these types of groups want to destroy that assertiveness, and make more Sheeple, who will buy what they are told to buy, and do what they are told to do.
They are all pretty much doing the exact same thing.

Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: July 20, 2007 06:45AM

Tell it, Anticult!!!

Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: July 20, 2007 06:48AM

QuestionEverything
So, back to being a mere ego-driven mortal with all my feelings - positive and negative. And my problems. Reality is very underrated by those who would have you trade it for metaphysical realty, wishful thinking, and many of the other new age/spirituality concepts. Reality is really being in your skin and experiencing all the people and creatures in the world with all your senses. There is truth, substance, and safety in reality (not necessarily a physical safety, but an emotional one), a quiet awe and wonder, which is much more nourishing to me in the long run than all the airy, fairy new age promises which turn to dust when you examine them closely.

QE

I love this! Very well said!

Date: July 24, 2007 02:09AM

skeptic
QuestionEverything

QE

I love this! Very well said!

I agree. The entire post was so well articulated and reflected some of my feelings so well I almost cried in front of my woman :?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.