Current Page: 17 of 24
Sedona Method and Release Technique
Posted by: question lady ()
Date: October 06, 2007 03:59PM

Geeze, I can't believe the suicide hotline lady said that to you. Maybe she doesn't understand the idea is to [i:56ebcba0f0]stop[/i:56ebcba0f0] people from killing themselves.

Hey mindconcern, if anyone is a spaz, it's her.

Have you ever checked out Dr. Burns Feelgood Handbook? It's pretty helpful in dealing with self defeating thoughts.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mindconcern ()
Date: October 07, 2007 01:50AM

Handbook? Wow, its 700 pages! It's worth checkin out.

Some more observations about Sedona- if I was less intelligent than I am, with the same depression, I would probably be taking all the phrases literally- wanting something means lacking, so I would convince myself not to want anything. That's one of the worst handled concepts they cover.

I can see the importance of taking that clingy or creepy blind intention out of wanting things. I guess they can't really say that and maintain the neutral spirit of the tapes. Just another problem of one-size fits all therapy.

I also have a momentum building to consume all the material. I feel like I'm doing something for myself, meanwhile I'm not actually doing anything different in life.

I find the methods of shuffling off unwanted emotions helpful during a busy day, but so far I don't see how that will lead me to happiness or riches. I haven't made any new friends or set up any dates or anything that I really feel I want.

I'm actually a spaz because of a neurological disorder. But yeah she was a spaz of a different kind.

Posted by: SivE ()
Date: October 11, 2007 06:29AM

finally got through!

Got some great points:
DONT take this stuff TOO serious!
Dont let it be the center of all interactions!
be a Human not a SUPEr human!
and many others

But i still think its a GREAT TOOL/technique:
I have learned/becomed better at forgiving people and situations
Giving myself approval
Letting go of disapproving of myself
make it a habit og having an intention with everything I do (most of the time:)
having an "Energy" which is more of a "HAVING" energy than a "WANTING/NEEDY" one!
Being more giving and finding joy from within

And Yeah it should be FREE! I TOTALLY AGREE!
or at least a much MUCH lower price

Re: Sedona Method and Release Technique
Posted by: laarree ()
Date: May 24, 2008 04:30AM

I see that this thread has been quiet for a while. I thought I'd alert anyone visiting here that I posted a lengthy message today in another thread [forum.culteducation.com] regarding Lester Levenson, the Sedona Method and their influence on cult leader Bayard Barnes of WHUM/Immunics (current names) / Nexus/Direct Centering (old names).

Posted by: yg ()
Date: July 06, 2008 12:10AM

I have bought the Sedona Method twice! I can't believe all the money I have spent...you name I have tried it over the years. And then I started working on getting back into my body..feeling it...somatically. I have done a lot in this regard, Somatic Experiencing, cranial sacral, continuum. What that has brought me is that I now understand dissoccation in my body and my body just won't go for it anymore. Not that I have tried it, even recently with The Work.

I think that it is so important for us to understand how we give our power away to authorities, and while read in another thread something that QuestioEverything wrote about being in "reality" sensations etc. etc here it is:

QuestionEverything
So, back to being a mere ego-driven mortal with all my feelings - positive and negative. And my problems. Reality is very underrated by those who would have you trade it for metaphysical realty, wishful thinking, and many of the other new age/spirituality concepts. Reality is really being in your skin and experiencing all the people and creatures in the world with all your senses. There is truth, substance, and safety in reality (not necessarily a physical safety, but an emotional one), a quiet awe and wonder, which is much more nourishing to me in the long run than all the airy, fairy new age promises which turn to dust when you examine them closely. end quote

This is what brought me to this thread. i have been hanging out in the BK thread. I love what she says so succinctly.

I was never able to keep up with the Sedona Method and when I listened to Lester I almost threw up. He tells people we are not our bodies and that he is in such bliss all the time. Cheez, I wonder, it would be nice. But then I remember being in bliss much of the time in my TM days, and when I came out of it I was in a mess.

As I eluded to in the another thread, if people want to be disembodied, then maybe they should leave the planet :-) I don't mean to be harsh, because there go I but for the grace of my "body" yes, my body's intelligence, which actually came first before the brain. It is an interesting state of affairs! In Embryogenesis now you can see that the nervous system (brain etc) doesn't come until much later. And the heart starts beating without the nervous system's help.

yg

Posted by: CreoleGuy ()
Date: August 25, 2008 12:27PM

I do not buy the Sednoa tapes and Cd's anymore but they did help me and the guy would send me a program and not even charge me. So, compared to Scientology and The Kabbalah Center in Beverly Hills-this program seems harmless. It is like meditation and you release astral energy from your mid-section, which is an Occult Technicque. It is almost like prayer. There is no harm in this method. It isnt a cult or anything.

Posted by: Guruphobiac ()
Date: August 26, 2008 03:10PM

CreoleGuy
I do not buy the Sednoa tapes and Cd's anymore but they did help me and the guy would send me a program and not even charge me. So, compared to Scientology and The Kabbalah Center in Beverly Hills-this program seems harmless. It is like meditation and you release astral energy from your mid-section, which is an Occult Technicque. It is almost like prayer. There is no harm in this method. It isnt a cult or anything.

What's "astral energy"? Anything like chemical energy, electrical energy, kinetic energy, etc., that we know and can measure in scientific terms and manipulate in practical ways? How does it accumulate in the mid-section -- and where exactly in the mid-section -- how would one know that it's done so, and why would this be a bad thing. What do you do exactly to release this energy and how do you know whether or not it's been released? Is it measurable like the other forms of energy measured above?

Posted by: WIZARD ()
Date: May 17, 2009 01:15PM

well -- my wife went to a sedona seminar .. where she met a releasing partner and released with him on the internet to a second seminar, where the releasing turned to an affair ... followed by a crane seminar for the two of them ... 3 RT seminars in 6 months, family finances in shambles and the marriage relationship left for the connectedness and freedom of the releasing partner?! .... critical thought ... loving consideration??

Larry Crane Release Technique and marriage
Posted by: question lady ()
Date: May 18, 2009 05:56AM

I am really sorry about what happened to you and your wife. I totally understand how that can happen.

After my husband did the Crane seminar, his female releasing partners became the most important people in his life. He shared his inner self with them instead of me. He spent at least half an hour every day with one or both of them on the phone. Meanwhile, as he was focused on encouraging, listening to and helping these women he had never met, I was left out in the cold, lonely and alone, in third place in his life.

So much for improving your relationships and finances huh?

Posted by: disconnect ()
Date: May 19, 2009 03:51AM

I am sorry for your respective losses and can understand your resentments. My dad went to a jazz camp when I was a boy and met a woman there who was his 'music' partner. It became an affair and eventually he divorced my mother and married the new woman. In this situation, I feel that if that is the way he is, my mom is probably better off without him, no matter how bad it hurt her in the beginning. Also, I do not hold jazz camp responsible for my father's actions or my feelings about the situation. There are useful support groups such as Alanon for coping with losses such as we have experienced. I also use the sedona method with my feelings about this event. It's ok for me to feel sad about this. That much is normal. But I needn't dwell. My life continues on. And my mom is doing better than ever, if you were wondering :)

Current Page: 17 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.