Current Page: 15 of 24
Sedona Method and Release Technique
Posted by: an-t ()
Date: September 08, 2007 12:21AM

The Anticult
My comments are to be taken along the context of this forum, and thread, which is destructive groups, like The Sedona Method.

Granted, and I hope it was always clear from my comments that I did not mean to question those arguments you made - that's why I apologized for brining off-topic stuff to this thread to begin with.

I agree that the simple principle of paying attention to whether the teacher / leader of a group / movement lives according to the teaching, or somehow tricks into being an exception, is indeed a good tool to have in mind when analysing these things.

The Anticult
I am putting out the idea that it might be an outdated concept from a more primitive era, where life was nasty, short, and brutish.

This is what caught my interest, and what I wanted and I guess still want to explore more -- especially considering the views from contemporary psychology. I am sceptical regarding that idea, as I do not know any such remarkable differences in human life today, compared to the time of the Buddha, that would outdate his basic argument. Of course it is possible that he was wrong to begin with, e.g. in the light of contemporary psychology, but so far I don't have that kind of evidence either.

So [i:ec4d4e9047]if[/i:ec4d4e9047] you want to continue discussing that, the question whether attaining non-self is desireable or not, I guess you know if it fits somewhere else on this site or where else / how it should happen -- I'm the first timer here, hoping to not ruin this thread but also didn't want to loose the chance to discuss this interesting point :)

~t

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mindconcern ()
Date: September 09, 2007 04:23PM

maurice
mindconcern
For anyone who might think this is a publicity stunt to publicize the method, please message me. We can exchange numbers, and I will discuss in detail any why questions you may have.

For anyone who might think giving their numbers away so easily, see my and other's posts about what happens when you do something like that.

I assume you mean I'll call and tell you to go to a seminar?

Anyway, it's not even a week into the CDs. The first few days were nice, I was busy with work, and the releasing stuff was a neat way to avoid negative thoughts and feelings. Now its the weekend, and I get down as always. Tonight I broke down and felt like ending it again.

It is obviously useless for serious problems, plus I don't know why anyone without serious problems would resort to it.

Posted by: TCDk ()
Date: September 09, 2007 04:58PM

To disconnect,

As mentioned in my previous posts I've been using RT/SM on myself since '01 and have gained great benefits. Just this month I've been exposed to something called Be Set Free Fast by Dr. Larry Nims. For me, it's an even faster form of releasing and more structured, too. If you get a chance you might want to check it out, too.

To the rest,

Life is infinitely complex and there are no simple answers. Some people prefer sweet taste while others likes spicy tastes. Can you really say which taste is the "best"? Some people enjoy eating peanuts while others could suffer fatal allergic reactions from peanuts, is peanuts really benign or deadly?

If there is really a "true" Savior for humankind and if S/He appeared in front of you right now, would you be able to recognize and accept her/him immediately and completely?

What are immutable the truths, what are mere opinions, at what point do they simply blurr into each other?

A parting story:

One day two students were arguing fervently about a topic. Student A went to the teacher and stated his reasonings. The teacher said, "yes, of course you are right." After Student A had left soon after Student B appeared in front of the teacher to argue his points, too. The teacher said, "yes, of course you are right." Student C, who's been with the teacher and witness both students exchanges with the teacher said, "but teacher, how can they both be right? One of them must be wrong!" The teacher replied, "yes, of course you are right, too."

Posted by: mindconcern ()
Date: September 09, 2007 05:03PM

That might be the heaviest load of crap ever. What sort of school are kids referred to as student a b c.

That's not even a story, that's just some passed-along anecdote. You're never right when you talk to a teacher.

Posted by: question lady ()
Date: September 10, 2007 12:07AM

mindconcern
That might be the heaviest load of crap ever.

:lol: LOL mindconcern.

I think it's supposed to be deep. I mean, I think we are supposed to gain some profound insight from the story. Are you saying the emperor has no clothes?

Posted by: disconnect ()
Date: September 11, 2007 11:48PM

If you're considering ending it all please seek licensed medical professional. There is a great resource at [suicidehotlines.com]
Or you can directly call the hotline at
[b:95c61de7fb]1-800-784-2433[/b:95c61de7fb]
I am assuming these are people who are either very compassionate, or have been suicidal themselves in the past.

The releasing techniques seem to benefit enormously from building [b:95c61de7fb]momentum[/b:95c61de7fb] with little stuff. Also you can build momentum for releasing with a licensed psychologist and medications. There is still some stuff that I haven't recognized as releasable yet, but I'm releasing things now that would have seemed untouchable a year ago.

TCDk, these bros on this board have taught me a lot about cult mentalities, eg. [i:95c61de7fb]I have a view, and no one's going to change it.[/i:95c61de7fb] I mean, come on! How can you not see the value of releasing? Because it's not there for them, the benefits we've been talking about, the 'gains' and insights... it's invisible to them. It's not real in this Rick Ross world. Ironically, I just wrote what someone in a cult would say. When people ask me about how I deal with emotions, I tell them I'm in a cult. I give them the worst case scenario right up front; they don't have to buy into the metaphysical side. Most people then are genuinely interested in the Sedona Method once we get past it's silly new-age-cult-like appearance, ... everyone's already releasing anyways, and Release Technique is just one of many ways. Some of us started so low, others of us started so high.

I hope everyone has a great time, it was painful at first having The Anticult tear my messages apart... but I just let it go :)
It's all good now, amigo

Posted by: The Shadow ()
Date: September 13, 2007 05:01PM

perhaps it would be quicker to call 911 if one is feeling suicidal? That way you would have ambulance/or police, who could patch you directly to a crisis line.

'shad'

Posted by: every_day ()
Date: September 20, 2007 08:13PM

i guess people apply the system in individual ways, some follow it through and others only apply it where they most need it. some go for it all and purchase everything and others are happy with the abundance course alone.

i personally have seen some dramatic changes in my life and i don't focus on worry anymore. my health has improved, my finances have gone up, i feel better, my self esteem has improved and i feel much more empowered (because everything is going so well).

i have released on $100.000K, $200.000K, $400.000K and achieved it all!

have i purchased any of larry's other courses or attended any of his other seminars? no! i am very happy with i got here - and it has got me very far.

it is easy to become obsessed and look for the next big thing, especially in the self development field, but the abundance course has really improved my life for the better.
if i followed it through 100% then i'd have been much better, mind you i only tend to release on what i specifically want to direct my release towards.

it is about knowing yourself...and knowing when to say; stop!

all the best.

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: September 21, 2007 05:33AM

This comment by "every_day" is a typical shill anecdote sent out by those selling this junk.
They just put forward total bullshit without any proof whatsoever, and expect suckers to buy it.

If anything, Sedona Method is sounding like a "cult" with bizarre statements like...

"I have released on 400K."

What an utterly bizarre statement.
You see, these guys just want to appeal to your Greed and Laziness. Who doesn't want to get 400K by Magick?
Its as bad as the worst late-night conman, telling you if you buy their bogus course.

They also put in the bullshit about not buying more rip-off junk from the Sedona Method leaders, who have been proven to be bald-faced liars, right in this thread. That is also meant to disable your critical thinking mechanism.
The Sedona Method is a SHAM and a con-game, run by ruthless salesmen who will say anything to close the sale. Very ugly.
Even worse they hide behind a cloak of faux-spirituality, real wolves in sheeps clothing.

Posted by: every_day ()
Date: September 21, 2007 03:23PM

my friend, i live in europe and sadly i'm not a release technique salesman either.

in any case, your comment doesn't bother me at all really. good luck

Current Page: 15 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.