Current Page: 11 of 24
Sedona Method and Release Technique
Posted by: question lady ()
Date: July 08, 2007 08:22AM

The link to this article was posted under another topic relating to yoga and meditation practices.

I am post it here because many of the concepts are those which I find destructive about The Release Technique.

The article says that these concepts were designed for renunciates, and can actually cause problems in the lives of everyday people.

[b:98fd4464b6]The Path of Attachment and Involvement[/b:98fd4464b6]

People who have families, jobs, pay rent or mortgages, and live in the real world, have very different needs in meditation. Recluses call us householders. Houeseholders do not need to constantly kill off their natural impulses. As a matter of fact, the last thing they need is to weaken their desires, instincts and intuition.

The path of the householder involves working with attachment. It is very daring to be attached. Tolerating the experience of attachment takes courage. Personal bonds are attachments. Loving someone is an attachment. Householders, when they meditate, should savor every sexual impulse, cherish every desire, honor and listen to all their instincts, and cultivate their general enthusiasm for life.

[/quote]http://www.lorinroche.com/page8/page44/page44.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tippytoe ()
Date: July 08, 2007 10:56AM

Hi disconnect,
Can you check your pm please!!!!

Posted by: Steve989 ()
Date: July 08, 2007 11:23AM

savor every sexual impulse, cherish every desire, honor and listen to all their instincts, and cultivate their general enthusiasm for life.

Savor it is right, because after dealing with LGATS you will lose it.

Posted by: gondolf ()
Date: July 10, 2007 08:33AM

I certainly wouldn't want a psychiatrist in charge of any class I was attending. The psychiatry profession deserves a thread or two devoted just to them.

That said, one of the problems with "release" is that it is not for everyone. For instance, in the kind of therapy with which I am most familiar people have what is called an open door, a target door, and a closed door. Depending on the type of person, thinking, feeling and behaviour occupy different doors. The open door is what people are most comfortable with. The target door is where therapy is directed. The closed door is what begins to change as therapy progresses.

This observation leads to a whole string of issues to be considered when doing releasing, what the consequences might be, and how it all might be effectively managed.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 10, 2007 08:49PM

gondolf:

Your comment about psychiatry makes you sound almost like a Scientologist.

You seem to be something of an apologist on this thread as well as the Christopher Hansard thread.

Date: July 11, 2007 07:54AM

JoeyJoe
it just helps the individual to fully experience the emotion (not suppress it like we so often do), and then let go of it when we're ready to do so. The key is coming to terms with what we're feeling and why we're feeling with it, and then making a concious decision to stop letting it control us.

The book does give the initial impression that the method is all about allowing your feelings. Look a little closer and you see that the exposure to the emotion is very limited. The Sedona Method specifically discourages understanding what you are feeeling and why you are feeling it. It says,

"Wanting to understand or figure out why, or from where, problems arise can also be a major obstacle to letting them go for we have to hold on to our problems in order to figure them out."

It also presents a false choice between understanding your emotions and being "free" of them, as if you can only have one or the other.

"Would I rather understand my problems or just be free of them?"

It appears that what is being "experienced" is the physical sensation only. This is why I see it as a form of dissociation; the physical sensations are not associated with the triggering thoughts and events, past or present. Here is a good link which explains why techniques such as this are a form of emotional avoidance.

[p203.ezboard.com]

This page has a good model of emotional processing which shows the importance of linking your emotional state to the causative event.

[www.emotionalprocessing.org.uk]

So I don't think it is a helpful technique, but I want to be clear that it is The Release Technique my husband is involved with and it was after he went to the 7 day seminar that his personality changed radically.

Date: July 11, 2007 12:43PM

This guy claims that the iCAP release meter, (Larry Crane Enterprises he says is the parent company) is selling beta, i.e. unfinished, un-debugged sfotware for this device. He also says that this company is cash strapped even though the primary owner is Larry Crane who sells "The Abundance Course.

[roicopy.com]

Also, I have now learned that some months ago, about the time Release Technique was probably losing market share to The Secret, RT e-mailed "graduates" asking them to buy 20 copies of Larry's Abundance book from Amazon to make it look like it was a best seller so they could "share the Release Technique with the world". The e-mail suggested that people could simply return the books to Amazon for a refund onced the promotion was over. I gues there was a later e-mail suggested that the true believers who actually bought 20 books call Crane Enterprises before returning them. So who know, maybe they realized that a mass return of the book might raise eyebrows.

Oh, and do not expect that informing the purchaser of an iCAP meter that tthe product may be defective and could crash their computer will be rewarded with "Thank you for bringing this to my attention". Noooooo. You will be villified for even mentioning the possibility that any of these nice people would do anything unethical. This is true even when they are still waiitng for their health, finances and relationships to improve as promised. The Release Technique is like emotional Amway.

Posted by: disconnect ()
Date: July 13, 2007 12:04AM

Sedona Method itself doesn't actually do anything. My experience this past year with Sedona Method has been 100% in my mind. I use the release questions as a vehicle of personal discovery. I enjoy uncovering different aspects of my life and my mind. I've experienced great success using it, and that's not all in my head. Friends have been commenting on many marked improvements in my life. But who cares?

We're all working on our problems or our personal evolution or whatever... and to have someone say "oh you can just let that go without a fight" is a slap in the face to many of us who buy into the idea that change is painful and arduous. Instantly, the person claiming a magical solution to our longstanding problems becomes suspect, as they should. But at what point could we accept that other views like the Sedona Method exist, and underneath their glossy, new-age LGAT appearance are valid and effective to a degree?

But please, don't let me change what you think. I'm ok with you believing whatever it is you want to believe.

ps>tippytoe, I cannot send PMs until I have 10 posts. That could take months.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 13, 2007 12:11AM

Ironically, your comments fit.

That is, LGATs and various methods, may offer a "magical solution" for people looking for a "quick fix."

Date: July 13, 2007 02:45PM

Hi disconnect. How's it going with the ladies? Well, I hope.

I am honestly trying to understand what you mean but I'm having trouble. First you said that

disconnect
Sedona Method itself doesn't actually do anything.

but also
disconnect
I've experienced great success using it

Are you saying that it doesn't actually do anything but it's been very helpful? I'm having a hard time understanding what you mean. I have to ask because I [i:ed1d687e3f]am[/i:ed1d687e3f] the Question Lady. :wink:

Current Page: 11 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.