Current Page: 9 of 24
Sedona Method and Release Technique
Posted by: mindconcern ()
Date: June 09, 2007 04:46PM

I think the deciding factor is whether or not you think any part of your life is salvageable. If you join these programs throwing all expectation to the wind, the program will take everything you give it and use it for their own benefit, which is financial. They don't give a FF about you, your life, or your family or friends. The bottom line is the dollar, and the more they can gear their program toward getting as much of your money as possible without you complaining, the better.

That said, if you like your current life, but just want some non-material issues clarified, this sort of thing can be helpful. These people make their living off of finding truisms in life, the mind, and society. So, some of what they say is going to be useful, however WHAT you apply it to and HOW MUCH of your personality you retain is your decision.

It's like panning for gold... you're gonna get a lot of water and alot of sand, and there may be a spec or two of gold amongst it all.

But the gold flecks in Sedona are the same gold flecks in any of these over-hyped magical 'Secrets'... be yourself, love yourself, don't worry more than necessary what other people think of you, don't be overly concerned with material wealth, be sincere, don't try to control things out of your control, don't worry about the length of your life but only the quality, etc.

Any LGAT will reiterate this, but only if you become dependent on them to remind you of these simple truisms, will you be within their purveyance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: question lady ()
Date: June 10, 2007 12:50AM

I agree that all of these destructive programs have kernals of truth in them. But rather than risk harm to yourslef, why not use a program that has the good things without the destructive elements?

Also, there is the issue of the unethical, surreptitious use of hypnotic and other mind control techniques. I now realize that Larry Crane's tapes use pacing and repetition to put people into a hynotic state where they wil be more suggestible. If I recall correctly, he says not to use them while driving. At the seminar, they used long hours, for 7 days, getting people away from any outside influence, dancing and strobe lights, exercises to prime people to trust unconditionally.

Also, any program that teaches you that your feelings lie to you - always. That your "negative" feelings are garbage, is trying to disable one of your natural ways of knowing when someone is trying to con you.

Likewise with teaching that critical thinking is bad. RT teaches that "the mind" is the source of your problems and that you need to "stop trying to figure it out". Also it is chock full of thought terminating cliches.

If you "take it for checking" (another thought stopper) that you can let go of feeling and thinking, it may be too late, you may already be a cooked frog.

Posted by: VJM ()
Date: June 11, 2007 02:19AM

It was Crane's repitive technique and 'pacing' that drove me nuts and made it absolutely unberable to listen to any longer. That besides none of that shit making any sense ... but at first I thought that was ME.

I've called those number to get a 'return authorization number' and have not had anyone pick up a phone yet. I'm wondering what hoops they're going to make me jump through to get authotrization for a return.

This is the biggest piece of crap I've ever spent money on ... seriously.

Date: June 11, 2007 03:06AM

Dear VJM,

It is probably a good thing for you that the tapes drove you nuts. I think mindconcern mentioned elsewhere on this thread that 1 in 3 people can be put in trance by this. I don't know where she got this information but it may well be that some people get hypnotized and others hate it for some reason.

Congratulations on realizing that it doesn't make any sense and it [i:87c4066f00]isn't [/i:87c4066f00]you. The emperor simply isn't wearing any clothes.

I hope they don't jerk you around on the return. If they don't call you back within your time limit to return it, it might be a good idea to just return it anyway. I don't think the guarantee says anything about having to get an authorization to return. Or, maybe you could call in during the wednesday night teleseminar. :wink:

Date: June 11, 2007 05:17AM

It would be on it's way back if it didn't say in the small print that a return authorization number was needed. Without one they say it'll be sent back to you.

I'm anxious to hear what they'll say when I tell them exactly what I think of it and how they will probably still try and shove it up my ... Oops :oops: ... I mean down my throat. :wink:

I'll let you know what happens.

Date: June 11, 2007 05:50AM

The guarantee on the web site doesn't say anything about an authorizaton code and that's what you relied on when you bought it. (you might want to copy that page). But if you still have enough time, it probably will help things go smoother if you get the code.

If you call, Larry Crane will probably try to make you look like an idiot. I've heard him shut people down and lots of folks, even die-hard releasers are afraid to question him in any way.

He'll probably tell you "you're trying to figure it out" "you're wanting approval, security and control" and ask you if you could "let go of being so smart?" I'm sure he'd like you to let go of being so smart so he could con you.

Maybe you could ask if he could let go of wanting control and just refund your freakin money without the approval code. Tell him you're not "wanting approval", you're just wanting the approval code.

Date: June 11, 2007 06:05AM

Maybe you could ask if he could let go of wanting control and just refund your freakin money without the approval code. Tell him you're not "wanting approval", you're just wanting the approval code.[/quote

-----------

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Question Lady ... you are [b:827ba68f00]THE QUEEN[/size:827ba68f00] [/b:827ba68f00].... maybe I'll just let YOU call for me!

Seems like you could give him all he could handle.

" Do you feel a negative authorization code ? Could you let just let it go .... and more ........ and more ................. and more.

It's not good, it's not bad, it's just an authorization code passing through. "

Date: June 11, 2007 06:07AM

:lol: LOL

Sounds like you've got it covered.

Posted by: mindconcern ()
Date: June 13, 2007 11:59AM

If I said 1 in 3, I pulled it out of my behind, as most statisticians do. I was just illustrating that some people can have a natural, others practiced, defense to manipulative techniques. Other people can't help but trance out. And of course there's a sliding scale there. I'm on the more reactive end myself. I listened to the same CDs and eventually realized I was grinding my teeth... and more... and a little more. ;)
(Male.)

Date: June 13, 2007 12:05PM

Mindconcern ;

How long before you realized what a crock it was ? Did you return the program and get a refund ?

Current Page: 9 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.