Current Page: 8 of 24
Sedona Method and Release Technique
Date: May 31, 2007 02:49AM

I don't think the Sedona Method distinquishes between the protective aspects of anger and the purely emotional, physical (feeling) aspect of anger. The method is simply to release the emotion (whatever it is, and that includes so-called positive emotions). This is supposed to happen almost instantaneously once you decide to release the emotion. The end result of all this releasing is to become almost permanently blissful and happy. Sounds pretty good! It did to me, but in reality did not pan out. And for me the goal of semi-permanent bliss fed into my neuroses. Rather than becoming more accepting of myself and my feelings, I had unrealistic expectations about releasing negative emotions instantaneously and experiencing unending bliss.

I have been working with a therapist and have "released" the Sedona Method and am now more accepting of myself. I get angry and frustrated at times, but I can tell myself I'm just having a bad day, as everyone does, and eventually the feelings do resolve. Just not as fast as I expected with the Sedona Method. There are some kernals of truth in the Sedona Method - feelings do not last forever and if you don't keep focusing on them, they do tend to resolve and/or change.

However, the further I went with the Method, the more it ended up sounded very much like what is now being promoted by the Secret. I am paraphrasing, but the belief went something like - whatever you think about will appear in your life at some point (it could be months or years later) unless you consciously neutralize that thought. For instance, just thinking the thought "I hope I don't get that disease (put in your disease of choice)" will cause that disease to appear in your life at some point unless the thought is neutralized.

Anyway, I hope this gives you to have a little more insight into the Sedona Method from my biased point of view.

QE

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tippytoe ()
Date: May 31, 2007 06:27AM

Hi Question Everything,

I have to say you scared me with the your last paragraph about disesase. My mom always tells me that I can provoke negative things by dwelling on them.
I'm terrrified of rape....Does this mean that something like this is going to happen to me,coz I think about it?
How do I neutralize this????

Now I feel I really have to get this Sedona Method Program.
It's just redicules how much they charge for it....

Thanks

Date: May 31, 2007 08:28PM

Tippytoe,

My point was not to scare you, but to point out the ridiculousness of some of the "teachings" of Lester Levenson (on which the Sedona Method and Release Technique are based). I have had major fear and anxiety in my life for most of my life, and very few, if any, of the things I have feared have come to pass (and I am in my 50's). I think the belief about attracting into your life whatever you think about is total bunk. It just adds anxiety and fear to whatever may already exist. There is no way to control everything that happens to us in life. The best we can do is take reasonable precautions and not blame ourselves when something negative does happen.

QE

Posted by: ezdoesit ()
Date: May 31, 2007 09:45PM

question lady

My husband seems vacantly euphoric most of the time. He has "releasing pals" he spends a an hour on the phone with every day, in addition to the weekly teleconferences. He tells me of new miracles (called "gains") which he does not question in the least.

Just doing my morning sweep of all the spam and noticed this, question lady. I wonder how much else of the "Sedona Method" has scientology at its core. "Erasing Engrams" is what they call their practice of neutralizing negative thoughts and feelings and they refer to their successes as "case gains." You are correct about the dissociation but most people who suffer from the psychosis recognize at some level the gravity and the importance of those negative thoughts and feelings. After all, why bother trying to escape them if they aren't important?

EZ

Posted by: question lady ()
Date: June 01, 2007 02:03AM

Dear Tippytoe,

I am sorry to hear that your mom is telling you that because it's not true. Perhaps people like to believe that because it gives them a false sense of control over events beyond our control.

I worked in a Rape Crisis Center for several years and talked with many rape victims who said they didn't think this could ever happen to them. Yet it did.

Perhaps because of my work with sexual assault victims decades ago, I am very aware of the ever present danger, but I have never been raped.

It is realistic to fear rape. It can happen to anyone. It is good to take reasonable precautions to protect yourself.

There is a good book called "The Gift of Fear" which talks about the importance of paying attention to any feelings of unease you may get around a person or situation. Listening to those feelings, rather than letting them go, could save your life.

Date: June 01, 2007 03:32AM

Dear Question Lady

Thank you so much for your reply.
I'm usual not a worrier....
Anyway, you really have put my mind at ease.

Thanks
P.S. Think I'm also getting the book you recomended.

Posted by: VJM ()
Date: June 01, 2007 08:27AM

Tippytoe ;

I was looking at the Sedona Method and the saw the Release Technique when trying to research Sedona.

I decided on getting Larry Crane's because I coiuldn't stand to hear the other guys laugh ... just in a couple sample it drove me nuts.

Anyway, I've had these Larry Crane CD's for a week, and can't stand listening to them anymore. Like a few said, Crane sounds good on tape, has a great voice you have no problem listening to but from day one I thought "What the hell is this guy talking about !? " Every CD on every topic / subject / issue it's the same simple solution ; just let it go.

" ... do you feel any negative energy now ? Can you just let it go ? Just let it pass through .... and more ........ and more ................ and more.

That's it ???? Man, did I take it up the ass with this program, LOL.

The thing is, my life isn't in shambles or I have any big problems. But I do like personal improvement and for whatever reason, I'd been having some negative thoughts which isn't typical of me and just bugged me enough I started looking around about getting around negativity. I saw this and siad what the hell ....

In the past I've used two programs that I'd highly endorse ; Tony Robbins 'Personal Power' and ' Ultimate Goal Setting' by Brian Tracy. I just thought this thing would be something along those lines but NOT. I should have just done like I've done in the past ; listened to a few Robbins tapes and I'd be right back in charge.

I AM benefitting in one way in having this program - it's motivating me to learn to sell on EBAY because that's where it's going. If you're still interested after all these great posts on Crane's Release Technique, don't pay the retail price - I'll give mine to you for half what I paid.

What an ass , huh ??? Why couldn't I find this forum ten days ago :roll:

Date: June 02, 2007 11:53AM

Hi VJM,
Thanks for your reply and frank opinion.

Date: June 02, 2007 11:54AM

Hi,

Is there anyone out there who actually thinks the sedona method is useful?

Thanks

Posted by: question lady ()
Date: June 09, 2007 05:32AM

I started a new topic under LGAT - "Lack of compassion in Graduates" because I am curious whether other programs produce similar results. It is the Release Technique is affecting my husband though.

[board.culteducation.com]

Current Page: 8 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.