Current Page: 7 of 24
Sedona Method and Release Technique
Posted by: disconnect ()
Date: May 14, 2007 12:34PM

@ skeptic: lol. totally. I used to think all religion and government was BS and an excuse to control people. Lots of groups are considered dangerous. But many of us agree that they are no worse than the people they are made up of.

@ Question Lady: Of course not all emotions fit nicely in little boxes. Do all our thoughts fit nicely in words? Anyone who thinks they can actually categorize every emotion is probably delusional. Methods are just tools, maps. They are not reality. About the time I got intrested in Sedona Method I was studying philosophy in college. One conclusion many philosophers agree upon is (and this is horribly simplified): Words will always be imperfect for describing things. We have to actually experience something to know it. It's flippin' helpful to pretend all emotions fit in nice little boxes! :D thats all. And Sedona Method has been a very helpful tool in my life, especially for communicating with people. I'm a shy computer nerd kid, not some rich guy with a limo and a boat. If I can 'get it' anyone can. And you don't even need self-help 'improvement' to live a meaningful life.

Another thing I got from using this method is that Hale Dwoskin and Larry Crane aren't infallible. They are wrong sometimes, like most of us. Who cares what they think!? All I know is I Used the method -> Got all the goals I was aiming for. Oh and I was miffed because I didn't like being wrong. That would have been a direct hit to my ego.

My opinion on the Sedona Method/Release Technique is - A cool tool to help me do what I'm doing anyway... and it helped me out of a 2.5 year celebacy streak. Man! I also don't care if it's just placebo. If it works, yum! If it don't - send it back!

I by no means represent Sedona Method or Larry Crane. This is all, of course, my personal opinion.

I've really enjoyed typing with y'all. Over and Out!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rswinters ()
Date: May 18, 2007 03:46AM

Disconnect makes a solid argument for tools here.

Yet he seems to miss the point of what is being shared on this website.

I hope disconnect will open his eyes to hearing the relational pain, and destruction that is being created in our society by people refusing to address within themselves everyones tendancy towards narcissism in our lives.

We all fight it, and must overcome this destructive tendancy by becoming relational people who choose to look at relationships from a "WE" versus "ME" perspective.

If the people chose to embrace the LGAT' tools with this mindset. I don't believe we would need this website.

But the proof is in the pudding. Narcissism is a powerful trait that most people do not want to confront within themselves.

The popularity of LGAT's in our society shows this aspect loud and clear.

Posted by: Rswinters ()
Date: May 18, 2007 04:22AM

Its this very aspect of narcissism that I confronted within myself that opened me up to spending two years of my life going through Klemmer & Associates seminars and after spending over 10 thousand dollars on this experience and embracing this LGAT's philosophy for my life.
Narcissism within myself is what I faced. I faced that the only way to apply these tools that Disconnect is referring to as being just tools.
Narcissism is what opened me to KLemmer, and its narcissism that I must embrace to utilize these tools in a manner that they work.
I can't do that. I can't ignore the relational destruction in others as I embrace this mindset using these supposed tools to create very self centered results in my life.
I take responsibility to face and confront the narcissism in myself. LGAT's will never work for someone who is confronting narcissism within themselves.
If there are any people out there who have embraced LGAT's and at the same time confronted within themselves narcissism with removing this very relationally destructive mindset in life?
If there are people who have been able to do this? I apologize for my judgment that they don't exist in our society.
Based on what I have seen first hand experience in Klemmer, and read about other LGAT's has in left me with an opinion such people do not exist.
Although it is a hope that I hear within LGAT's philosophy to create in our society. Like Brian Klemmer says, "Results often harsh, always fair"
Well, Brian Klemmer based on results that are shared on this website, and in the many lives that have not been bold enough to share the destruction of LGAT's on their lives.
The pain, and destruction that are results of LGAT's are hard to ignore.
In my opinion, only a person who has chosen to fully embrace narcissism and hedonism as their philosophy and mindset can be blind to the results that are plain as day.
All it takes is a refusal to embrace narcissism, and hedonism as a philosophy to be embraced as a tool to be used to get what you want in life.
Then the pain, and destruction is clearly seen in LGAT's influence on people.

Posted by: mindconcern ()
Date: May 19, 2007 12:18PM

[b:12370827ba]Disconnect[/b:12370827ba]
You seem pretty sincere. I myself have been applying some of the stuff my mom has been saying, and its been helping in ways. I get much more sincere interactions with people when I let go of the approval seeking behaviors- even if people don't respond better, I don't feel that same tension I used to.
The three things still raise my hackles, the marketing with the SECRET TO BECOME A MILLIONAIRE and of course the pseudoscience mish mash of the pseudo-zen-mysticism and the junk about removing diseases. And fourth, the thousands of dollars the stuff costs while preaching against materialism.
But its the same as anything, you have to have a concrete goal and be aware of your own values or you may get tranced.
I apologize for the snide remarks, and appreciate the time you took to represent your experiences.[/b]

Posted by: mindconcern ()
Date: May 19, 2007 01:16PM

LGATs are still fundamentally scams though! I haven't changed my mind about that.

Posted by: Tippytoe ()
Date: May 29, 2007 01:44PM

Hi there,
I was considering to buy the Sedona Method Audios.
I do have a little anger problem I'd like to over come. I also suffer from negativ thoughts.....
Can anyone advise me if those Audios are worth while?
Thanks

Posted by: question lady ()
Date: May 30, 2007 09:50AM

Dear Tippytoe,

Obviously, (if you have read my above posts), I would not recommend the Sedona Method. In my opinion, my husband's use of Sedona Method book and the Release Technique, has resulted in increased avoidance of and disconnection from emotions. This link lays out quite nicely some of the problems inherent in these sort of techniques:

[p203.ezboard.com]

(in case the link doesn't work it is at emoclear.com in the ask Steve Mensing II in the forums posted 5-26-2006)

This above site has many great processes available at no cost.

For anger in particular, I really like Thich Nhat Hanh's "Anger, Wisdom for Cooling the Flames".

For negative thoughts, I (and several people on this board) have found Dr. David Burn's very helpful. I use his "Feeling Good Handbook."

Good luck to you.

Date: May 30, 2007 12:31PM

Hi Question Lady,

Thank you for your reply. I definitly will keep your concern in mind.
I still would love to learn more about this technique and how to let go of negative thoughts.

Thanks

Posted by: question lady ()
Date: May 31, 2007 12:15AM

Dear Tipytoe,

The techniques in the resources I mentioned above helped me get rid of [i:2a98d797ae]distorted[/i:2a98d797ae] negative thoughts that don't serve me. Some so called "negative" thoughts are warning us about something and once we take appropriate [i:2a98d797ae]action[/i:2a98d797ae] the negative thought/feeling leaves because it has done its job and it is no longer needed.

Take Care.

Date: May 31, 2007 12:46AM

Hi Question Lady,

Thanks for your reply...

When using the Sedona Method cant we distinguish between
( I quote you there: "negative" thoughts that are warning us about something") negativ thoughts that serve a purpose like protection, or negative thoughts we dont need like self defeat.

Sorry, my english is letting me down here. I'm trying to say this :

Is using this technique going to cloude my judgement?
Thanks

Current Page: 7 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.